• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge v86: Just ensure they don't accidentally 'ban' you

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was famous enough that he eloped with Marilyn Monroe.
I feel like this is an opening to a comedy bit about how you can tell how well a dude has "made it" as a celebrity based on who they have had sex with.

1. Wilt Chamberlain -13
2. Brian Dawkins - 20
3. Mike Schmidt - 20
4. Steve Carlton - 32
5. Allen Iverson - 3
6. Reggie White - 92
7. Ryan Howard / Doctor J - 6
8. Chase Utley - 26
9. Randall Cunningham - 12
10. Cole Hamels - 35

Just realized Dawkins and Schmidt both wore 20 so they can share the 2 spot.

Bump everybody up one and Jimmy Rollins gets the last spot

I feel like this is an opening to a comedy bit about how you can tell how well a dude has "made it" as a celebrity based on who they have had sex with.
I was thinking more like a pandemic movie, where the old Monroe strain of herpes finds its way into Derek Jeter. Then we're all proper fucked.

New office's gym doesn't have barbell free weights, so you have to use a smith machine. Fuuuck, I hate smith machines so much.

I was thinking more like a pandemic movie, where the old Monroe strain of herpes finds its way into Derek Jeter. Then we're all proper fucked.
lol, it's like a 23andme combined with an STI screening

"Hey, check it out! Both mine and Trump's strains of Syphilis go back to Al Capone!"

New office's gym doesn't have barbell free weights, so you have to use a smith machine. Fuuuck, I hate smith machines so much.

I found an apartment out here in SLC that I am eyeing to move into when my lease is up that actually has a power rack and a dedicated bench press, well, bench.

I was amazed as most places it's just dumbells, two free moving benches, and a Smith machine.

Maybe to the wrestling experts here. I was following WCW, ECW and WWF/E between around 1998 and 2002, then somewhat 2005-2008, and have somewhat recently tried to catch up.

I'm totally blown away by Kenny Omega and he seems to be GOAT material imo, but who else should I definitely be aware of today?

Kota Ibushi
Tetsuya Naito
Cody Rhodes POST-WWE stuff
Pac
Osprey/Ricochet
Anything Bullet Club related which includes Prince Devitt and AJ Styles tenure's as the leader of the group:

Moxley as he's a bit of a throwback to old school gritty ECW shit.

@Falsedawn I miss anyone of real high noteworthy-ness? Figured those guys will lead to a ton of rabbitholes

Uh hello, your aces.

qFpvCqh.gif

Kazuchika Okada, the chosen one of NJPW. Started in Toryumon as a student of Ultimo Dragon, graduated to NJPW and the Young Lion Dojo, went on excursion to TNA (where he was criminally misused), and came back as the one and only Rainmaker to supplant Hiroshi Tanahashi. Okada's career arc has seen him go from nobody, to somebody, to Crown Jewel, and he's only 32. He's technically marvelous, projects an aura of greatness, and elevates every opponent that steps into the ring with him. There would be no Kenny Omega without Kazuchika Okada. All he knows is excellent wrestling and making it rain money.

Of course, the man who made him would be THE Ace, Hiroshi Tanahashi.

lcBCrjd.jpg

Saying that Tana remade NJPW in his image would be selling him short. When they were at their darkest, Hiroshi Tanahashi was the guy who stepped up and helmed the ship. Their rebound into the wrestling force they are today was on Tana's back. It's easier for me to just post the history videos for Tanahashi because I could literally be here all day singing his praises. Truly the Once in a Century Talent.

Fuck it, if for me to get into the "good" heaven means I have to stop smoking a cigar, stop having a nice scotch, and shave my beard and no pre-marital sex (let's just ignore the whoring around Brigham Young did and his massive Quaker level beard) then I'd rather go to Hell and raise Hell while I'm alive.

Kota Ibushi
Tetsuya Naito
Cody Rhodes POST-WWE stuff
Pac
Osprey/Ricochet
Anything Bullet Club related which includes Prince Devitt and AJ Styles tenure's as the leader of the group:

Moxley as he's a bit of a throwback to old school gritty ECW shit.

@Falsedawn I miss anyone of real high noteworthy-ness? Figured those guys will lead to a ton of rabbitholes

Pentagon and fenix for Lucha goodness

Last edited:
Still totally in awe how @Lead test-banned the wai to see how it feels, only to then to like it.
...is wai now a repeat ban?

lol, it's like a 23andme combined with an STI screening

"Hey, check it out! Both mine and Trump's strains of Syphilis go back to Al Capone!"
omg this is the technology we NEED RIGHT NOW

On that note, I have a feeling I'm about to be invited into an "open marriage." Cannot imagine that ending well at all, no matter if I agree or decline.

Still totally in awe how @Lead test-banned the wai to see how it feels, only to then to like it.
...is wai now a repeat ban?

I really don’t understand why he acted this way in the past month. He usually wasn’t a problematic poster than just went overboard fast. The bet thread might be as toxic as the PotWR title was.

My college didn’t have barbell bars/ plates for some reason. Just the smith machine and dumb bells. It was pretty frustrating but doing bench with dumb bells actually did me a lot of good and that went up pretty high in weight. Idk what I would’ve done with just a smith.

Speaking of which, is @Cubo de Sangre on a self-imposed hiatus or was that an accident, too?
Little strange. He disappears Nov 1st after an innocuous post, and his other half makes a goodbye post in the 'berry about a week later. I'm thinking this involves lava somehow.

My college didn’t have barbell bars/ plates for some reason. Just the smith machine and dumb bells. It was pretty frustrating but doing bench with dumb bells actually did me a lot of good and that went up pretty high in weight. Idk what I would’ve done with just a smith.

There are bells (that's what pros like me and @A.C. call dumbbells) at my gym too. But the bar (barbell) is integral to my workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back