War Room Lounge v86: Just ensure they don't accidentally 'ban' you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Credit to @jdragon for his exquisite knowledge of moderator sexuality.

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Ruprecht better not die, because typing out "rip rup" is borderline disrespectful even if fully appropriate.

Curved tvs do not make any real difference. Unless you sit like right up on it. They are a gimmick at best.
right, that's one tv taken care of, the living room/main tv. thanks for aiding my laziness

i bought another one the same (55") for the spare room with a desk and comfy chair that's just for ps4/internets and everyone in the gaming forum seems to go for smaller monitors so i'm still in two minds on whether to trade in for something else there. with a 32" (hd ready, eww) i do sit pretty close. also arriving tomorrow so i'd rather not open the box to try it out if something else will be better for gaming

Ruprecht better not die, because typing out "rip rup" is borderline disrespectful even if fully appropriate.
rooting for him, hopefully in a few weeks he'll be neville bartos status

right, that's one tv taken care of, the living room/main tv. thanks for aiding my laziness

i bought another one the same (55") for the spare room with a desk and comfy chair that's just for ps4/internets and everyone in the gaming forum seems to go for smaller monitors so i'm still in two minds on whether to trade in for something else there. with a 32" (hd ready, eww) i do sit pretty close. also arriving tomorrow so i'd rather not open the box to try it out if something else will be better for gaming
No idea on that, sorry. I use a 55inch 4k tv for my ps4, but I have a pretty standard monitor for my PC.

No idea on that, sorry. I use a 55inch 4k tv for my ps4, but I have a pretty standard monitor for my PC.
i don't even know the difference <{1-10}>

i link the laptop with an hdmi cable so it's all the same to me, the ps4 is all i'm bothered about. do you sit close? closer than typical couch to tv distance i mean. wondering if a curve might help there

gonna mount the older tv too for the laptop, it's not for gaming so no need for 4k there really

i don't even know the difference <{1-10}>

i link the laptop with an hdmi cable so it's all the same to me, the ps4 is all i'm bothered about. do you sit close? closer than typical couch to tv distance i mean. wondering if a curve might help there

gonna mount the older tv too for the laptop, it's not for gaming so no need for 4k there really

I have 2 27" 1440p monitors and they're HUGE from a general computing distance. At a certain point, big monitors have diminishing returns. There's only so much your eyes can take in without moving. They're also 144 Hz, but that's a whole nother box to open.

I hate upscaled 4k anyway, so that's automatically out.

There's only so much your eyes can take in without moving.
that's what i'm thinking, like i'd need to sit way further back so i'm not looking side to side

i still want an upgrade in size and picture so maybe a 44" curved instead of the 55" flat in the game room

that's what i'm thinking, like i'd need to sit way further back so i'm not looking side to side

i still want an upgrade in size and picture so maybe a 44" curved instead of the 55" flat in the game room

Thing about curved is that unless you're at that head on viewing angle, it's going to botch the shit out of your viewing angle. You actually lose eye space because of the curve. If you have a 55" curved TV, you're going to have to be about 8 feet out for the optimum viewing angle, and that's head on. If you move laterally at all, it's going to look like shit.

Also lel at PS4. I didn't spend $2500 so I could upscale my shit.

NATIVE OR DIE

Thing about curved is that unless you're at that head on viewing angle, it's going to botch the shit out of your viewing angle. You actually lose eye space because of the curve. If you have a 55" curved TV, you're going to have to be about 8 feet out for the optimum viewing angle, and that's head on. If you move laterally at all, it's going to look like shit.
thanks, something to think on. i'd be head on for me playing ps4 but it might suck for anyone staying over watching tv in bed

my boys can go swivel but my grandad will stay there too, only the best for the bigman

Finished GTA V a few days ago. What a fucking great story mode. Man I was late as hell to this game lol. Very worth it.

But there need to be more heists. Like 15 more heists. Major lack of heists and open-world big robbery opportunities. My only complaint, really.

How much do/will you have to spend out of pocket for all the care you've received?

Medicare levy is 2% of my taxable income.
As well as covering everything involved in my hospital stay, it also covers my "Hospital at Home" nursing services for the next couple of weeks (I got home yesterday) and the Baxter Pumps of antibiotics (Tazocin).
You can get private health insurance to cover treatments/expenses over and above the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) fees (including private hospitals). Prescription medication is likewise price controlled by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS. I'll spend about $100 total on my 6 scripts, the concession rate for pensioners, students, unemployed etc would be $39).

As well as covering everything involved in my hospital stay, it also covers my "Hospital at Home" nursing services for the next couple of weeks (I got home yesterday) and the Baxter Pumps of antibiotics (Tazocin).
You can get private health insurance to cover treatments/expenses over and above the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) fees. Prescription medication is likewise price controlled by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS. I'll spend about $100 total on my 6 scripts, the concession rate for pensioners, students, unemployed etc would be $39).
Glad you're back at home. Best of luck.

You can get private health insurance to cover treatments/expenses over and above the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) fees (including private hospitals). Prescription medication is likewise price controlled by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS. I'll spend about $100 total on my 6 scripts, the concession rate for pensioners, students, unemployed etc would be $39).

That's really good coverage. In the US Medicare only covers 80% of bills and does not have an annual cap on out of pocket expenses.

That's really good coverage. In the US Medicare only covers 80% of bills and does not have an annual cap on out of pocket expenses.

If you have private insurance, then medicare pays 75% of their scheduled fee for whatever the service is and then private insurance covers the rest (if you have a decent policy). For GP consultations I frequently go to a private clinic and just pay the "gap" from the scheduled fee, which is typically @$30. Mostly because they are up the street from me and the places that "Bulk Bill" Medicare (no out of pocket expenses) always run a fair bit behind their appointment times.
I did prefer a better funded universal health care to our current 2 tier system though.
Still... US health care, health insurance and medication prices seem absolutely ridiculous in comparison.

If you have private insurance, then medicare pays 75% of their scheduled fee for whatever the service is and then private insurance covers the rest (if you have a decent policy). For GP consultations I frequently go to a private clinic and just pay the "gap" from the scheduled fee, which is typically @$30. Mostly because they are up the street from me and the places that "Bulk Bill" Medicare (no out of pocket expenses) always run a fair bit behind their appointment times.
I did prefer a better funded universal health care to our current 2 tier system though.
Still... US health care, health insurance and medication prices seem absolutely ridiculous in comparison.
Yeah? Well how long do you wait in line, commie? We don’t even have waiting rooms here. We walk right up to the operating table, hop on, and hook into the opioid dispenser.

Also, glad to hear you’re getting better, bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back