War Room Lounge v63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know how this will be taken but serious question should people with asperger’s or autism be more screened to have access to guns? Is the disposition to being anti social a red flag to not owning a gun?

Well words have meanings. Feel free to look up the definition of murder.

I think it’s an iffy shoot, but it was for the best in the end. But even if it’s a bad shoot it’s not murder.

Edit: came out weird. “For the best” would have been if the kid could have been apprehended without anyone being killed or victimized further. But at the time the officer shot that option was most likely off the table

Which definition? With American jurisprudence I very strongly doubt that the police officer will face any discipline whatsoever. In Canada, though? That police officer is fucked.

This person had just killed 10 people with that van, and was repeatedly ''reaching'' and ''drawing'' his cell phone in an attempt to get the police officer to kill him. It might be hard to believe, but in other places in the world you can't be summarily executed for reaching.

I don’t know how this will be taken but serious question should people with asperger’s or autism be more screened to have access to guns? Is the disposition to being anti social a red flag to not owning a gun?
Show me any kind of stats that suggest people with those conditions are any more prone to violence than the general public and then we can decide together whether that should be taken seriously.

Disposition to be anti-social can hold a lot of people. Do you have any idea how many kids have been diagnosed with autism/ADHD? That's a lot of people that would get barred from buying a gun.

Her own father finds her tactics repugnant. I'd imagine the average black folk can see right through her bullshit as well.
You imagine? I thought you were the expert in what "everyone knows"?
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/153775735/
Yeah, its not common at all. Him and every other Lib trying to claim that everyone knows what it means, are just being dishonest hacks. I can almost guarantee the 99% of the people in this thread never heard the term before last week.

Everyone knows the answer. This is pure theater, and the Dems are writing the script.

No, that's what happened. Any move towards a gun in plain sight, while not following orders from a police officer will get you shot. Everyone knows this.

No, the logic is that he wasn't following commands, and went for the gun.

If he puts his hands on the glass, or wheel to show he's not a threat, he doesn't get shot. He didn't do that though, and decided that a bunch of cops pointing their guns at him wasn't a very urgent matter, and decided to fumble around in his car with a gun in his lap. Not a good idea.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what Nike is, but they still advertise their brand.

You're giving Stormfront clicks and free advertising. I hope you're proud of yourself.

They all stand a chance up until election night. Nobody knows shit, quite frankly.

Biden just happens to be the safest bet, because he's not a crazy radical. People like comfort food. Until the radical leftists can explain how they're going to pay for all their pie in the sky ideas, without going "Uhhh...well, but...ummm, you see...ummm...", the people are just going to see "TAXES UP YOUR ASS TO OBLIVION" and not vote for them. That's why Biden is crushing them right now, and will continue to do so, unless the radicals can actually explain themselves.

I think they're wrong on this one, and pointing to Louis CK's joke as an example is a little odd, considering he starts it off describing a flaming homosexual in bicycle shorts acting like a stereotypical homo. He wasn't even denying that it carries that extra weight and is particularly descriptive of a certain type...

As far the whole "tolerance" thing goes, I think most fall into how Doug Stanhope described it:

"I don't have a problem with homosexuals. I have a problem with F****try."

Which is like saying "I don't mind gay people, as long as they act like I want them to."

Which is fine enough, it's just that I find all the tip toeing around what the term "really" means, is more an attempt to excuse their inherent prejudice. Everyone knows exactly what they mean when they call someone a F*****. They don't mean "jerk". They mean F*****, and every man knows exactly what that implies.

Context Pan. She was calling Pelosi out for criticizing them, and made the effort to point out they were women of color. Everyone knows exactly what AOC is insinuating by her comments, except for dishonest hacks like yourself.

And now you're just babbling.

There are more examples if it would help. Your crystal balls fail you in this instance, hm?

@Lead

Have you listened to all those Revisionist History podcasts?

I really liked the ones you recommended so decided to listen to the inaugural podcast The Lady Vanishes, highly interesting. It was done before the last election. The parallels between the first Australian prime minister and first african american POTUS seem rather pronounced.

Out of curiosity do you have any other podcasts to recommend?

Whats with the black wedding ring thing? my buddy has one and its lame, your so masculine you cant wear shiny metal to prove you are with a girl? weak sauce in my opinion joe.
A lot of people are going for titanium rings but I think they're dangerous, particularly if you wear one while doing things with your hands.

Whenever I read someone write about someone else "As a leftist" - 99% of the time it is followed with some absurd statement.
And that's because it's probably always something negative. It's good you have this echo chamber to withdraw into.

No actually that's what I'm claiming you are doing. I'm saying conservatism is to maintain the status quo and depending on who you ask, the ideology is relative.

It's relative, but the thinking is that tradition should be respected more than liberals respect it (liberals are more respecting of reason than tradition).

Communism in Russia at the time of the Soviet union was the status quo and heairchy that needed to be maintained. In Europe the status quo was to maintain the monarchy while in America it was the directives of classic liberalism that needed to be upheld. Limited government, free market economies, constitutional republicanism and a seperation of church and state was the status quo. By your logic conservatism does not ebb and flow that way but instead is constant and a fixed ideology which is simply false. So yes conservatism in Europe at the time meant what you are saying but it is decidedly different in America.

OK, but conservatism isn't the only right-wing ideology. The "conservative" movement in America isn't actually conservative (note the radical change under Reagan, for example).

We cannot continue in a meaningful way because of this fundamental difference. As a leftist you have more in common with a nazi or a communist than a classical liberal does and this is because we use statism and collectivism or a lack thereof to indicate we are on the political spectrum.

I can't imagine that you have any familiarity with my thinking of you're saying this. And statism or collectivism aren't relevant to the political spectrum. Conservatism is very collectivist, and it's a right-wing ideology, for example. As is fascism. And monarchy. There are collectivist left-wing ideologies, as well. And anarchism is the most extreme left-wing ideology.

We cannot go on if you insist on believing that conservatism in America is not a an amalgamation of philosophical thought that includes Hobbes, Locke, and Smith (among others) that were considered progressive at the time but are now conservative by our modern standards.

I pointed out examples of the thinking of Locke and Smith--key aspects to their approaches--that would put them utterly at odds with American "conservatives" and in line with American liberals (which makes sense, as that's the same tradition). Locke's views on property would be considered progressive today, and Smith's views on inheritance (among many other things) would put him on the far left in America--beyond where modern progressives are willing to go, in fact. There's little remaining of liberal traditions in the conservative movement in America.

Once more American conservatism/Classical liberalism is an amalgamation of thought. I have read a lot of his work for school and it makes not a lick of difference if he is left according to anyone because structure of government and alot of the language of the constitution was taken directly from Locke and not Smith. Smith provided an economic frame work.

Locke was also a liberal with minimal influence on today's conservatives, and Smith's economic framework is rejected by the right in America.

I wouldn't be looking towards the voting block as a monolith nor would I make a judgement on the ideology bases on how Republicans or Democrats voted. It's irrelevant. What's being discussed here is a political paradigm and the meaning of American conservatism which is an ideology.

That's not what's consistently being discussed, otherwise we'd have to note that the American conservative movement is not actually conservative. We can discuss conservatism as an ideology or we can say that the movement is as it does. I'd also recommend putting aside any "sides" (the "as a leftist" thing is out of a place in a serious attempt to clarify views and understand reality--don't think as a propagandist; think as someone who just wants the truth). Note that you said, "No one in their right mind thinks the right in America have anything to do with maniacal, totalitarian, authoritarian, theocratic, collectivist regimes." Most of the right in America disagrees with that.

Last edited:
Disposition to be anti-social can hold a lot of people. Do you have any idea how many kids have been diagnosed with autism/ADHD? That's a lot of people that would get barred from buying a gun.
Sounds good.

@Lead

Have you listened to all those Revisionist History podcasts?

I really liked the ones you recommended so decided to listen to the inaugural podcast The Lady Vanishes, highly interesting. It was done before the last election. The parallels between the first Australian prime minister and first african american POTUS seem rather pronounced.

Out of curiosity do you have any other podcasts to recommend?

I thought I had backtracked on that show too but I don’t recall that episode. Maybe I missed season one.

There only think close to revisionist history I would say is Radio Lab. I don’t have any clear recommendations but this is my queue:

MMA
The Ariel Helwani MMA Show

Comedy
Bill Burr Monday Morninng Podcast- imo, this shows how much of a genius this guy is. He will just wing an hour or two in a week and sometimes he makes me laugh harder than some peoples stand up specials

Politics/ News/ Economics
The Economist
Capitalisn’t
Cato daily podcast
Econtalk
Fareed Zakaria GPS (his show as a podcast)
Intelligence Squared US debates
Making Sense with Sam Harris
Real Time with Bill Maher (show as a podcast)
The Ben Shapiro Show
The Ezra Klein Show
The Weeds by Vox
The Editors by National Review
The Rachel Maddow Show (her show as a podcast)

A discontinued podcast I’d recommend is “Slow Burn” by Slate. They cover the Nixon impeachment in season 1 and the Clinton Affair in season 2. Maddow did a mini series similar called bag man but if you see slow burn, it feels like there’s a lot of overlap.

Man, that was a great event.
Feel bad for DC, but a solid win for Miocic after a shaky start.
The Romero vs Costa fight stole the show though.

Man, that was a great event.
Feel bad for DC, but a sold win for Miocic after a shaky start.
The Romero vs Costa fight stole the show though.

Felt like Ceudo making an adjustment his last fight to get the second belt. DC winning honestly wouldn’t been anticlimactic since he’s almost on his way out. Now they either can do a trilogy or be okay with it split.

And that's because it's probably always something negative. It's good you have this echo chamber to withdraw into.

Yes, something absurdly negative.

And yeah, echo chamber - what a cheap remark for people that don't entertain stupid debates such as this one. You know, like I should be spending copious amount of time discussing with flat earthers why the earth isn't flat, so as to avoid the echo chamber.

I thought I had backtracked on that show too but I don’t recall that episode. Maybe I missed season one.

There only think close to revisionist history I would say is Radio Lab. I don’t have any clear recommendations but this is my queue:

MMA
The Ariel Helwani MMA Show

Comedy
Bill Burr Monday Morninng Podcast- imo, this shows how much of a genius this guy is. He will just wing an hour or two in a week and sometimes he makes me laugh harder than some peoples stand up specials

Politics/ News/ Economics
The Economist
Capitalisn’t
Cato daily podcast
Econtalk
Fareed Zakaria GPS (his show as a podcast)
Intelligence Squared US debates
Making Sense with Sam Harris
Real Time with Bill Maher (show as a podcast)
The Ben Shapiro Show
The Ezra Klein Show
The Weeds by Vox
The Editors by National Review
The Rachel Maddow Show (her show as a podcast)

A discontinued podcast I’d recommend is “Slow Burn” by Slate. They cover the Nixon impeachment in season 1 and the Clinton Affair in season 2. Maddow did a mini series similar called bag man but if you see slow burn, it feels like there’s a lot of overlap.

Many many thanks. and yeah, the episode I mentioned was thee very very first one.

Felt like Ceudo making an adjustment his last fight to get the second belt. DC winning honestly wouldn’t been anticlimactic since he’s almost on his way out. Now they either can do a trilogy or be okay with it split.

Yeah, certainly would make a third fight interesting. DC seemed a bit... careless though. Makes me wonder if he's still motivated.
He's certainly been competing for a long time.

Yeah, certainly would make a third fight interesting. DC seemed a bit... careless though. Makes me wonder if he's still motivated.

Not sure. If he saw it as his last fight, it could’ve messed with how he came into the fight. He certainly was headhunting and aggressive. His speech after certainly makes it seem like his work with ESPN has made him okay with not competing. He will have a long career with that network imo.

I know he's a pretty thick guy, but is it just me, or did DC look a little extra pudgy and soft last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back