War Room Lounge V43: STEM is Overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I'm an engineer and from the ground level, the day to day activities around project planning and execution, product design and development, and research and development are extremely formulaic.
That's not to say that they don't require creativity or free thinking, it's just that the creativity is done in the context of objectivity. A question with an objective answer is going to have less discussion than a subjective question. A subjective question can have an unlimited number of "correct" solutions.

I too am an engineer and of course there are formulaic components to any deployment but there are a ton of creative and multi path way projects as well. I had to figure out how to use lidar to render an image of an asteroid - there's no equation, or cad template that figured out that objective out for me

I know some of you guys are WWE nerds. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring up the Lars Sullivan scandals on the forum.

I too am an engineer and of course there are formulaic components to any deployment but there are a ton of creative and multi path way projects as well. I had to figure out how to use lidar to render an image of an asteroid - there's no equation, or cad template that figured out that objective out for me
Ah, so you taught yourself?

Ah, so you taught yourself?

Of course not, someone had to teach me programing, orbital mechanics, etc. Needed input, brain storming sessions, several design drafts, a whole lot of debate

I know some of you guys are WWE nerds. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring up the Lars Sullivan scandals on the forum.

Was it proven to be him? First story I saw on it was unconfirmed bb.com account from 2011

What's to stop me from emailing a historian? Chomsky is known for responding to student emails but I doubt he is the only such academic, just likely the most well known one. You're a historian, if an amateur historian emailed you to ask you about a topic that was within your area of expertise would you ignore it? Maybe but would everyone of your colleagues ignore such an email? What if this hypothetical amateur historian attended a history conference? Would he be ignored by every historian in attendance for having the gall to try and teach himself or might they humor his questions? And might one such interaction lead to a longer relationship? Its especially easy for me to imagine if this hypothetical amateur historian is a Uni student but just in a different field.

...and why would the amateur need to be educated by the professional?
<Y2JSmirk>

That moment when you see a defendant in first appearances that is still almost obviously tweeking.

Watching @Limbo Pete arguing against his obsolescence thanks to the hivemind.

IwmUDKC.png

I let you bang bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back