What is your favorite natural disaster?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Did you know that Emily Dickinson wrote 5 poems with the word "volcano" in the title? She sounds like a freeeeeak.

Odd Note:
"
The volcano sleeps
And dreams
Of lava red and scalding
And smokes from vents
All spurting.

And it was night
And above circled high
The night-stars
Frightened
The bats flew, now and
Then
A solitary owl wisely
Sped herself
Opened full her wings
To by-pass high
The nether hell of red
To trees of safety.

"
― Emmanuel George Cefai

"Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...unprecedented death tolls!
― Count Chocula

I hope this thread generates a FLURRY of activity.

I'll see myself out.

Rankings of disasters by how cool they are:

1. Hurricane
2. Earthquake
3. Blizzard (lol @ "winter storm," you dumb bitch)
4. Tsunami
5. Tornado
6. Volcano
7a. Avalanche
7b. Mudslide (seems more fun than an avalanche)
8. Sinkhole
9. Flood
10. Drought

1. Hurricane
2. Earthquake
4. Tsunami
5. Tornado
6. Volcano
7a. Avalanche
8. Sinkhole
9. Flood
10. Drought
Blizzards are the coolest

Volcanos should be at the bottom of the list by that metric.

Tsunami for now but a giant volcano would probably top it if I survived to watch the footage.

Went with Winter Storm, as we in Minnesota just had a fun one that involved snow, sleet, rain, thunder, and lightning in a matter of hours. It went back AMD forth for a while there, good times.

I knew I was on to something but it seems I have fingered the wrong man as the mastermind.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

1. Hurricane
2. Earthquake
4. Tsunami
5. Tornado
6. Volcano
7a. Avalanche
8. Sinkhole
9. Flood
10. Drought

Disaster movies sold me on the coolness of tsunamis and tornados. Hurricanes, volcanos and avalanches aren't bad either. The others are very low energy

Went with Winter Storm, as we in Minnesota just had a fun one that involved snow, sleet, rain, thunder, and lightning in a matter of hours. It went back AMD forth for a while there, good times.

Actually the state of Minnesota in general is the #1 Natural Disaster

Liberals gleefully making fun of burning legs. Disappointed head shake.

On poll topic, I absolutely love thunderstorms. I get excited when they start, and sleep like a baby after a very peaceful evening listening to them.

Winter storms I also enjoy, just hate the shoveling after. They also don't cause too many deaths or injuries nowadays. Just inconvinces to travel for the most part, and a lot of prettiness after the sun comes back out

The others I really liked as a kid. Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes. The raw power I think. I'd watch the weather news on TV rooting for the hurricane to hit as a Cat 5. But now I realize the fatalities and damage and not so much a fan of those types. Still that little bit of dark coolness tho I have to shamefully admit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back