War Room Lounge V27: Hey 2018, it's uh, it's time to go, Bud. Just go. (also let's talk about socks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nhbbear I appreciated your response in the cop shooting thread. I wanted to be fair and respond with this video. This was an awesome officer and a great interaction. I hope we can all get along like this!

It seems like these "first amendment audits" are getting popular and more and more people are doing them. I think this video would be a great example to show other officers so they're aware they may get people like this stopping by

Yeah, that was a good video. Look, I am 100% appreciative and respect the first amendment right to film, so long as they do not interfere with an investigation. For example, filming a witness, or getting in the face of an officer while they are trying to calm things down. This does not mean that an officer has any right to say that a guy filming from across the street is interfering.

Like I stated, I am supportive of these rights, however, there is a right way to do this. The guy in the video did it all wrong. He was trying to get attention and was very verbally abusive to officers trying to get a response. I know they wanted to beat his ass, because I did just watching this. Filming and exercising rights is good. Trying to get a reaction, and trying really hard to piss people off, or make them uneasy is not a good way to do this, even if they are not breaking the law. Though, this guy was in violation of disorderly conduct.

It is the same with second amendment audits. Exercise you second rights. Don’t purposely do things that make people think you are about to shoot the place up.

It's taken a lot for me to resist trolling over the fake dick doctor thing going on here, but your dong is on the line so I made the effort

In and out of my head all day has popped the phrase "broke-dick motherfucker".

<wonders if penis can get infected with gout>

It is the same with second amendment audits. Exercise you second rights. Don’t purposely do things that make people think you are about to shoot the place up.

What's the correct way for a homie to open-carry? Truth be told, you boys in blue and your visible arms always me uneasy.

What's the correct way for a homie to open-carry? Truth be told, you boys in blue and your visible arms always me uneasy.
This. I feel like if I ever open carried I would be stopped by every officer that passed me. It is very rare that people do that here. I can probably count on 1 hand the times I've seen anyone open carrying here (and one of then was last week)

You don't find it weird that out the blue out of nowhere he starts posting his penis is failing?
Hey I kind of like "out of the blue of nowhere", never heard that one before. Not just "out of the blue" or "out of nowhere" like us common folk use. We're talking like seriously unexpected shit.

OTOH I think it would have been much weirder if he'd spent months dropping hints and innuendo that his dick was broken before the final big reveal.

Open carry is defined as visible from three sides. Officers need to be able to access their weapons very quickly without clothing interfering. I do worry about someone coming up behind me. That goes double for carrying while off duty l, for one reason, because the holster is not as secure.

I remember in my first week, open carrying my duty weapon. A detective actually bitched me out for carrying like that. I informed that it was completely legal to carry like that. I shouldn’t have had to have that conversation, and it was embarrassing, or should have been considering he was a 20 year vet. This officer was also the last officer prior to shoot someone prior to the fed building shooting.

That incident involved a suspect grabbing an officer in a 7-11 and holding a gun to his head. The officer I mentioned was actually on the phone with dispatch. This was before cell phones, so he was on the store phone. He said “hold on, someone has a gun to my partner’s head.” He then walked up behind the dude and introduced his brains to the light of day.

Open carry is defined as visible from three sides. Officers need to be able to access their weapons very quickly without clothing interfering.

Pretty sure anyone reaching for a gun in self-defense feels that need.

I do worry about someone coming up behind me. That goes double for carrying while off duty l, for one reason, because the holster is not as secure.

I remember in my first week, open carrying my duty weapon. A detective actually bitched me out for carrying like that. I informed that it was completely legal to carry like that. I shouldn’t have had to have that conversation, and it was embarrassing, or should have been considering he was a 20 year vet. This officer was also the last officer prior to shoot someone prior to the fed building shooting.

That incident involved a suspect grabbing an officer in a 7-11 and holding a gun to his head. The officer I mentioned was actually on the phone with dispatch. This was before cell phones, so he was on the store phone. He said “hold on, someone has a gun to my partner’s head.” He then walked up behind the dude and introduced his brains to the light of day.

I think this way. Open-carry is certainly implied by the right to bear. People aren't shoving rifles down their pants. Rifles must be open-carry. Nothing in the 2nd suggests a different standard for pistols. So while I believe open-carry of all firearms Constitutionally protected, I think everywhere should allow concealed carry and most everyone will choose that option. It's the most prudent. And when it's not, it'll be obvious (eg. hiking around predators).

Someone open carrying a rifle would startle me <Lmaoo> guns are alien

This. I feel like if I ever open carried I would be stopped by every officer that passed me. It is very rare that people do that here. I can probably count on 1 hand the times I've seen anyone open carrying here (and one of then was last week)

Make sure you glisten and they will stop in awe....

My wife got me the greatest thick socks for this cold winter and I can/t live without em

My wife got me the greatest thick socks for this cold winter and I can/t live without em
I loathe socks.

I understand that loathe is a strong word. That is just how much I cannot stand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back