War Room Lounge V27: Hey 2018, it's uh, it's time to go, Bud. Just go. (also let's talk about socks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

What kind of socks are you digging? How many pairs do you keep? House, work, play? Any sock-related philosophy? How about socks as an auxiliary Christmas gift? Cool, uncool?

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

The moral of my ode is this:
beauty is twice beauty
and what is good is doubly good
when it is a matter of two socks
made of wool in winter.

"
Pablo Neruda

"
Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...winter socks!
― Count Chocula

I don't have a foot fetish so I wonder what kind of feet are considered sexy?

I don't wear socks.

If you have seen me talking about wearing socks on this forum before, that was my brother posting. He and I share my Sherdog account.

I buy new socks frequently. Mini-crews mostly. There's something about a fresh pack of socks. And maybe that's a really boring thing to talk about, but still. I don't like dress socks or any kind of thin sock really. Instead of wearing dressy socks I usually just wear black crew socks. Since my feet have always been too wide for most regular makes of shoe, but not quite wide enough to be fully at home in most wides, the thicker socks are perfect for occasions when I would otherwise wear dress socks. This is all legit, I ran it by my lawyer, who is my brother and sometimes posts on this account.

In extremely cold conditions, cotton kills. Avoid it at all cost. A nice pair of wool socks will save your toes from frostbite.

Cotton only absorbs perspiration, so eventually you have a piece of cloth that's frozen into a solid sheet. Many a man has died from wearing cotton clothing in Sub-Zero temperature.

Pupper doing pupper things.

In extremely cold conditions, cotton kills. Avoid it at all cost. A nice pair of wool socks will save your toes from frostbite.

Cotton only absorbs perspiration, so eventually you have a piece of cloth that's frozen into a solid sheet. Many a man has died from wearing cotton clothing in Sub-Zero temperature.
Try to find Merino wool.

First Lite the hunting equipment company makes a TON of shit out of Merino Wool.

Am I permitted to turn this very gay?

With pink sock puns?
socks_sandals.jpg

squadgoals

I’m hearing commercials for theses Tommy John underwears. These things legit or just another Johnny come lately trying to get a piece of that underarmour pie?

What kind of socks are you digging? How many pairs do you keep? House, work, play? Any sock-related philosophy? How about socks as an auxiliary Christmas gift? Cool, uncool?

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

The moral of my ode is this:
beauty is twice beauty
and what is good is doubly good
when it is a matter of two socks
made of wool in winter.

"
Pablo Neruda

"
Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...winter socks!
― Count Chocula
Bought socks today, actually, thick warm comfortable ones. It's colder than a witch's tit.

Edit: whoever posted this must not have read the previous sock-related posts. It must have been my brother using my account.

Last edited:

Pupper doing pupper things.

Try to find Merino wool.

First Lite the hunting equipment company makes a TON of shit out of Merino Wool.

Merino is great for undergarments but heavier wools are fine and way more likely to be affordable without being blends. (My gifted dress "merino wool socks" are actually only ~30% wool.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back