War Room Lounge V27: Hey 2018, it's uh, it's time to go, Bud. Just go. (also let's talk about socks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clicked on the username of a person who joined this week and saw "They need admins to be party neutral. Not be bias against the right in the war forums" as his user message.

Subtle.

Who was it again that formed some sort of behind the scenes PM "clique" to rebel against admins, and anybody that wasn't far right on the forum?

I struggle to imagine that someone that gotten to would be able to leave the forum for long.

Judging by the lack of traffic here I'm thinking the money ran out for all the federally funded War Room bots.

The political climate is just at the point where neither side is really interested in talking to the other at this point.

my stepbrother just told me that his iWatch said he had walked 4.5 miles today.

three words

AIN'T NO WAY

I don't know anything about that device or similar devices. I just know one thing for certain. My stepbrother did NOT walk 4.5 miles. Not only that, he told me it has been putting him at between 3 and 4 miles per day over the course of the last few weeks.

I am very skeptical of exactly how this device is giving him this information. I am not going to go into how I know this dude does not walk that far on a daily basis, but I do happen to believe him when he says his device is telling him that. I just think the device is wrong. Suffice to say, if homie was walking 3.5+ miles per day regularly, he would not be 300+ lbs at 5'8" inches height.

Anybody else know anything about this?

three words

AIN'T NO WAY

I don't know anything about that device or similar devices. I just know one thing for certain. My stepbrother did NOT walk 4.5 miles. Not only that, he told me it has been putting him at between 3 and 4 miles per day over the course of the last few weeks.

I am very skeptical of exactly how this device is giving him this information. I am not going to go into how I know this dude does not walk that far on a daily basis, but I do happen to believe him when he says his device is telling him that. I just think the device is wrong. Suffice to say, if homie was walking 3.5+ miles per day regularly, he would not be 300+ lbs at 5'8" inches height.

On one hand I think the watch is wrong.

On the other, how hard is it to fucking walk? This is what society has come to. Walking is exceptional exertion.

On one hand I think the watch is wrong.

On the other, how hard is it to fucking walk? This is what society has come to. Walking is exceptional exertion.

I failed to mention that he is 49 with chronic knee problems. And like I said he is pushing about 310 lbs.

But you are correct. Barring exceptional health issues, folks should easily be walking at least 3+ miles between waking and sleeping. I will add, though, that as you age you MUST keep it up. At any weight staying sedentary beyond 40 y.o. can cause you to lose your ability to walk distances without either painful inflammation or pulling muscles. I know from experience.

I failed to mention that he is 49 with chronic knee problems. And like I said he is pushing about 310 lbs.

But you are correct. Barring exceptional health issues, folks should easily be walking at least 3+ miles between waking and sleeping. I will add, though, that as you age you MUST keep it up. At any weight staying sedentary beyond 40 y.o. can cause you to lose your ability to walk distances without either painful inflammation or pulling muscles. I know from experience.
Yeah I'm being a dick. I'm getting old and grumpy.

After about a dozen batches of beef jerky on the smoker I've got the basic marinade recipe whittled down.
  • Worcestershire
  • Brown Sugar
  • Liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
  • Coca-cola
  • Jalapeno or serrano
  • Dried anchos
  • Dried chipotles
  • Garlic or shallots
  • Black pepper

This whole wearing a suit just to make 32k a year pre taxes thing is starting to piss me off

At the same time, most companies that allow you to make more than 100k have abolished suit & tie in non-customer facing positions.

After about a dozen batches of beef jerky on the smoker I've got the basic marinade recipe whittled down.
  • Worcestershire
  • Brown Sugar
  • Liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
  • Coca-cola
  • Jalapeno or serrano
  • Dried anchos
  • Dried chipotles
  • Garlic or shallots
  • Black pepper

Need detailed steps

Mods:

Why is it that Pizzagate stuff is dumped but spreading Sandy Hook CT crap seems ok? Or is my impression wrong there?

The forum has the flu again. Acting all funky

The forum is really glitchey today.

It occasionally acts like all posting stopped at about 4:30am. After you post something, it will take you back to how the war room looked at 4:30.

And it will randomly not let you edit your posts. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.

It does the same thing with accessing any thread.

Odd. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

PS: If you don't have smoker and try this in your oven or something then maybe consider adding some liquid smoke.

Ok this is starting to suck. I may have to switch to Cameldog.

is that even a thing still?

three words

AIN'T NO WAY

He is probably lying but those steps add up. I know people with jobs you don't associate with much movement walk a few miles a day at their job. Problem is, these steps aren't aerobic. To get in the burning fat zone you have to walk at least 30 minutes straight. Mine tracks both kind of steps . I could have 3000 steps in one day and not a single being aerobic.

Soooooo...

Old notifications are back. And again. And again. And again.

three words

AIN'T NO WAY

He's probably just masturbating excessively.

Really insane right now with the wrong post order...

three words

AIN'T NO WAY

3.5 mi is only about 8000 steps for someone that's 5' 8.
The average office worker does about 7500 steps a day.

can't even like jdragons post. the Obamas gay America, anti-vaxx stuff is 1 thing, but sandy hook -- posting dead kids -- seems a bit egregious, esp. when it smells like troll bait.

Wow. Posts showing in wrong order.

tumblr_pl9ydvA8ei1u955i8o1_1280.png

Last edited:
Is something weird going on with the forum today? It seems like the Muslim (what do they contribute) and the diversity (why is it a good thing) threads are appearing and disappearing. I'll click one, try to respond, and it will say the thread is gone, but then it will come back.

@panamaican @Lead @Ruprecht

Last edited:
So mods. What up with the forum lately?

Is this forum under attack by the Russians or something?

three words

AIN'T NO WAY

Yeah my brother lies sometimes too.

Is something weird going on with the forum today? It seems like the Muslim (what do they contribute) and the diversity (why is it a good thing) threads are appearing and disappearing. I'll click one, try to respond, and it will say the thread is gone, but then it will come back.

@panamaican @Lead @Ruprecht

Yes, the forum's currently screwed. You can see in this thread that the thread index numbers for posts are duplicated and assigned in the wrong sequence.

Need detailed steps

Sure thing.

Mix this in a blender. Tweak some amounts up or down to suit your personal taste.
  • Worcestershire 1/2 cup
  • Brown Sugar 1/4 cup
  • Liquid aminos (or soy sauce) 1/2 cup
  • Coca-cola 1/2 cup
  • Jalapeno or serrano (1-3, depending on your heat tolerance)
  • Dried anchos (2 whole peppers)
  • Dried chipotles (2-3 depending on size)
  • Garlic or shallots (2-3 shallots, 1/2 head of garlic)
  • Black pepper (tablespoon whole peppercorns)
* You can de-seed the peppers or not.

Cut up about 1.5lbs. of beef into whatever sizes you like. I've been using pre-cut, very thinly sliced (teryaki-style cut by not yet flavored) meat from the store. If not available use a cut that's got very little fat. Like tri-tip or flank. You'll want to remove the fat that you can. Soak this in the marinade overnight. If your marinade isn't covering it all then just add some water.

Low heat is the way to go. I set the smoker on the "smoke" setting and it's about 160-170 degrees F. Removed the excess marinade from the beef and throw 'em on. Takes a couple hours or so, depending on how much you want the strips dried out and how thickly they're cut. Pull the pieces as they reach the done-ness you desire. Put in a ziplock bag and it'll last 2-3 weeks in the fridge no problem.

Chael's fuckin' hilarious.

Nope, not giving him a click. When I was a rookie here I received a couple of infractions (none since). One of them was for giving my honest opinion of Sonnen. I'll leave it at that out of respect for the office, Mr. President.

At the same time, most companies that allow you to make more than 100k have abolished suit & tie in non-customer facing positions.
It’s fucking dumb. I get I work the legal field and need to fit the look but I shouldn’t have to spend two paychecks worth of money for my goddamn wardrobe.

Nope, not giving him a click. When I was a rookie here I received a couple of infractions (none since). One of them was for giving my honest opinion of Sonnen. I'll leave it at that out of respect for the office, Mr. President.

Well, if you hate Tito half as much as Chael it might still be worth a view. He just decimates Ortiz. :D

I don't hate Tito, but he's easy to laugh at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back