Social War Room Lounge V197: Look at me, I am the captain now.

Poll or pole?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I don’t have kids yet so I guess I’m more mobile to leave if I want. This place has enough things that I can add to my experience that I’ve told myself I need to do at least two years. Can’t tell if the effect of COVID are just making it shit everywhere or what. I mean, there were times I did shift like that preCOVID but it still feels worse now. People lose track of who is doing what remotely imo.

Yea, not looking let until late next year because of my arbitrary goal of two years and also I think the economy will be coming out of the COVID situation if that vaccine is still on schedule. I’m also on the fence about moving out of state possibly but not fixed on a specific area, just somewhere warmer.

What’s funny is I just did two years public cause I really didn’t like my employer and liked the private sector offer I got but the place I’m at now is definitely more stressful than public ever was, even peak tax season. They just constantly are rushing too fast with a small team.

This is amazing

I hear you dude. "Revenue has fallen by XX% so you need to cut your head count by the same...." Sure revenue is falling but if that doesn't mean there is less accounting work... in fact in many areas there is more accounting work do to Fed and State legislation, impairments, write-off etc...

@Starman it is time brother-man, return to us.

I hear you dude. "Revenue has fallen by XX% so you need to cut your head count by the same...." Sure revenue is falling but if that doesn't mean there is less accounting work... in fact in many areas there is more accounting work do to Fed and State legislation, impairments, write-off etc...

Yea, completely sucks. And it’s not like it works the other way usually. Revenue shoots up and they aren’t necessarily going to add to the team. And then you have places with a lot of M&A and growth oriented where the allocation is high on the front end with the sales team and then nonexistent on the backend support side.

@Starman it is time brother-man, return to us.
@Starman

RETURNOFSTARHOMER.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back