Social War Room Lounge V197: Look at me, I am the captain now.

Poll or pole?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it so evil to look at one another's butt anyway? It's human nature.

Do it while you still can. One day they will promote you and you make more money bit do not work less, but then you will not quit.

Yea, I don’t have kids yet so I guess I’m more mobile to leave if I want. This place has enough things that I can add to my experience that I’ve told myself I need to do at least two years. Can’t tell if the effect of COVID are just making it shit everywhere or what. I mean, there were times I did shift like that preCOVID but it still feels worse now. People lose track of who is doing what remotely imo.

When I was working in consulting @Lead , I also had weeks where I had my 35 hour work week already on Thursday night. Essentially too busy to make a change. And I didn't hate my job, I had great colleagues and earned good money.

I was actually lucky because I contacted a former colleague and got a job offer. Initially earning a bit less (that was 2017), but now my base salary is already 15% higher than in the consulting job.

So my guess is, Lead is not actively looking, but probably would have the means (resume, personal network).

Yea, not looking let until late next year because of my arbitrary goal of two years and also I think the economy will be coming out of the COVID situation if that vaccine is still on schedule. I’m also on the fence about moving out of state possibly but not fixed on a specific area, just somewhere warmer.

I'm in a similar industry as @Lead and there are sometimes certain levels/promotions you want to get to before you make a move. Especially if you're on the public side and looking to move to industry.

What’s funny is I just did two years public cause I really didn’t like my employer and liked the private sector offer I got but the place I’m at now is definitely more stressful than public ever was, even peak tax season. They just constantly are rushing too fast with a small team.

STARHOMER.gif

This is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back