• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge V195: Cleaning your room while high on pills with your pet lobster

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad I misunderstood, seemed like you were throwing shade at them for not losing everything.

More just commenting on the legal double standard there for nurses who were stealing dilaudid versus someone just buying drugs on the street. I also never would've expected that to be a thing that happens, so I was putting it out there for anyone else who might find it interesting.

I'm not in favor of punishing anyone for possession of any drug.

More just commenting on the legal double standard there for nurses who were stealing dilaudid versus someone just buying drugs on the street. I also never would've expected that to be a thing that happens, so I was putting it out there for anyone else who might find it interesting.

Yeah I’m not in favor of criminal charges for mere possession either.

But stealing, that’s a different story. I’ve deliberately avoided working in drug crimes during my career for personal moral reasons (as explained above) so this actually wasn’t a double standard I’m too familiar with. Stealing your drugs from a hospital is a much worse offense than buying them to me.

I think because it’s so prevalent in medical professions, and those professions have more empathy than most, it’s baked into the cake. It should be a law so everybody could get the same help. Oregon took some steps in that direction in November.

On this day, 28 November 1919, Faye Schulman, photographer and Jewish resistance partisan, was born in Lenin, Poland (now Belarus). In 1942, the Nazis murdered 1,850 Jews in the Lenin ghetto, leaving only Faye and 25 others alive, making Faye take and develop photos of the massacre. Covertly she made copies of the photographs for herself. She soon fled and joined the partisan resistance, serving as a fighter and nurse. While on a raid in Lenin with her unit, Faye managed to retrieve her camera equipment, and then began documenting the resistance movement, developing her photos under blankets. "I want people to know that there was resistance. Jews did not go like sheep to the slaughter. I was a photographer. I have pictures. I have proof." Faye survived the war, currently lives in Canada and turns 101 today.
127601861_1594605054057972_5589144823616006084_o.jpg

A true badass.
All there is is Overwatch in your twitch. I'm too old for Overwatch and fps's. I can barely user-stick lb's in madden.

Also: You're a lot shorter than I thought you'd be.

EDIT: Nevermind i found it.
As the old saying goes, God gave me the inches where it counts.

Has anyone seen The Gentlemen? I'm on my third watch, such a good movie.

He sent a few members of the pwd asking for my info to drive up to Chicago to kill me. He blamed me for his banning even though I'm the one that was asking the mods to make his ban temporary. We've squashed the beef since then
Jesus Chris lol. This website gets krazy at times.

But stealing, that’s a different story. I’ve deliberately avoided working in drug crimes during my career for personal moral reasons (as explained above) so this actually wasn’t a double standard I’m too familiar with. Stealing your drugs from a hospital is a much worse offense than buying them to me.

Providing medical care for others while high on opiates was what I found most objectionable personally. Stealing medical supplies definitely isn't great either though.

One nurse told me his work schedule was 4 days on, 3 days off and he'd be high the whole 4 work days, then sick his whole 3 days off. Guess when he got caught, it was right after he'd come back after 3 days off. First thing he did when he got on shift was grab a syringe and the dilaudid, then he got called into the office by management before he could fix. They had him empty his pockets and he was caught red handed. Wild shit.

I think because it’s so prevalent in medical professions, and those professions have more empathy than most, it’s baked into the cake. It should be a law so everybody could get the same help. Oregon took some steps in that direction in November.

Yeah, I really wasn't aware that it was that prevalent in medical professions until that experience. I'm on board with what Oregon is doing.

Like you never stolen crack to keep as "emergency evidence"

ffs I am kidding

If anybody is willing to wade through it, is this closer to "kill grandma to own the libs" or "this would have to be written differently so as not to discriminate specifically"?

fawlty got banned? holy shit!!!!

what did he do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back