War Room Lounge v191: Normal scrutiny should apply

Who made the worst post in the last thread? (nominees below)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your sig, the last bit, I thought maybe that was some kind of weird Hawaiian proverb. But google tells me it's Metalocalypse. I apologize for stereotyping your footnote.
Lol I’ve had that in my sig since I made this account and I never once had anyone acknowledge recognizing it. But I loved that show and thought that scene was hilarious.
<Fedor23>

61dnrKL3sFL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

b39075f71563ff6dbb1f8d9de386d264--motorcycle-art-waffen.jpg

Virtually identical!
<Goldie11>

The "virtually identical" paired with that GIF is my favorite Sherdog-ism by far. Gets me every time and makes me think of like 2004 and young me thinking "wtf?" for the first time when Goldie would say that about two sets of numbers that were very much not identical.

It doesn't matter the context, the answer to any "Who made the worst post in the lounge?" question is always: @skysolo
Just when I thought I was out, the partisan hacks pull me back in.

Go cry into your shirt, Stephen Colbert. And find some integrity since TDS has stolen all of yours.

PlasticInsistentEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
@skysolo - progressive Russian shill supposedly supporting social safety nets tries to dunk on Hillary Clinton doing the same, before realizing his has not yet caught the ball. Both eyes forward Comrade!
First, you call me a Russian because you can't refute anything I say then you defend a Clinton.

You are a hack and you don't even know it.

The world would be so much better if that moron Jimmy Dore just formally registered as a Republican. Or died. Actually, preferably died.

First, you call me a Russian because you can't refute anything I say then you defend a Clinton.

You are a hack and you don't even know it.

There's literally nothing you've ever posted to insinuate you're a leftist dude. No one buys your shit or even enjoys you. You have to know that right?

There's literally nothing you've ever posted to insinuate you're a leftist dude. No one buys your shit or even enjoys you. You have to know that right?
It's because you have no integrity and you sold your soul because orange man bad.

You have to know that the words of a fraud mean nothing to me, right?

I fucking hate that I decided to write, star in, and produce a show. Dumbest fucking thing I've ever done.

I can't find a fucking editor to save my fucking life, were shooting the title or whatever the fuck you call it next week across three states.

I've let go five fucking producers and testing two more out tomorrow. I'm about to pull my fucking hair out trying to get this done.

God damn. This is legit why people live in LA. God damn I hate fucking fake ass people who just want to ride my coat tails and be "attached" to my project but literally can't even get one of 25 interviews done.

Sorry to vent guys. It's just driving me crazy. I pretty much got episode 1 written and I'm fucking annoyed.

I fucking hate that I decided to write, star in, and produce a show. Dumbest fucking thing I've ever done.

I can't find a fucking editor to save my fucking life, were shooting the title or whatever the fuck you call it next week across three states.

I've let go five fucking producers and testing two more out tomorrow. I'm about to pull my fucking hair out trying to get this done.

God damn. This is legit why people live in LA. God damn I hate fucking fake ass people who just want to ride my coat tails and be "attached" to my project but literally can't even get one of 25 interviews done.

Sorry to vent guys. It's just driving me crazy. I pretty much got episode 1 written and I'm fucking annoyed.

You know what would be really fresh? A tragic comedy with a laugh track. So it's like 75% sad shit and 25% humor, but the laugh track is used completely contrary to the comedic timing.

Like, opening scene, your ex-girlfriend comes over crying. She says, "my dad just died." The audience roars in laughter. "How'd it happen?" you ask. "He got hit by a milk truck," she says. "Well, no use crying over spilled milk!" you quip back. No laugh track, just you two staring at each other uncomfortably as if you're waiting for the laugh track to fizzle out.

Boom. Emmy. You're welcome.

You know what would be really fresh? A tragic comedy with a laugh track. So it's like 75% sad shit and 25% humor, but the laugh track is used completely contrary to the comedic timing.

Like, opening scene, your ex-girlfriend comes over crying. She says, "my dad just died." The audience roars in laughter. "How'd it happen?" you ask. "He got hit by a milk truck," she says. "Well, no use crying over spilled milk!" you quip back. No laugh track, just you two staring at each other uncomfortably as if you're waiting for the laugh track to fizzle out.

Boom. Emmy. You're welcome.
That's... Not bad...? I like the idea of a laugh track for a couple segments.

Did you ever watch Bojack Horseman?

61dnrKL3sFL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

b39075f71563ff6dbb1f8d9de386d264--motorcycle-art-waffen.jpg

Virtually identical!
<Goldie11>
He's also a fucking liar about it. I've brought that shit up numerous times over the years and to some Mods.

I ain't surprised, that was the move like a decade ago with White Nationalists, I don't know the dudes name or whatever but I'm sure he's a /pol/ dude who just thought "hehe I'm a unique fucking incel because I used an SS symbol with Pepe!"

Genocide is cute to these fucking people. Kek right???

That's... Not bad...? I like the idea of a laugh track for a couple segments.

Did you ever watch Bojack Horseman?

I watched one episode and was pretty turned off by the humor. I recall a scene where a young woman embarrasses him at a bar and then he berates her. She ends up having shitty self confidence and they have sex. It combined a tired and already gross trope with the added twist of bestiality.

I watched one episode and was pretty turned off by the humor. I recall a scene where a young woman embarrasses him at a bar and then he berates her. She ends up having shitty self confidence and they have sex. It combined a tired and already gross trope with the added twist of bestiality.
Give it another try. It's incredible, had you stuck around you'd have seen the point of it.

Check this. I don't think I've seen much fiction in the last 20 years that approach the cycle of self destruction in such a beautiful way.

Truthfully there are few things that ever destroyed me like this from a writing perspective and as a broken fucker.

"You come by it honestly. The ugliness inside of you... You were born broken. That's your birthright... And now you can fill your life with projects, your books, your movies, and hour girlfriends but you'll never be whole. You're Bojack Horseman, and there's no cure for that."
Imo the best writing in animation in decades. Perhaps the best writing in general.

This entire episode was shot with almost zero dialogue and it was sjust. Gorgeous.
21529d638a3808d527d1cdb4870f1129.jpg

It's exhausting for me to watch.

Check this if you have time. I've seen almost nothing done in decades that actually make me... Relate as a chronic depressive and a suicidal addict.

"When your illness is so tied to your personality. Can you truly leave that identity behind, and who would you be without it?" Honestly check the last video and let me know what you think. I think you'd dig the writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back