War Room Lounge v181: Escaped self-cloning female mutant crayfish take over Belgian cemetery.

What else is our Belgian bud doing right now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apartment gets lots of house centipedes. They're harmless but they still freak me out when they scuttle across the floor unexpectedly. They're also extremely difficult to corral, especially without hurting them, but if I don't they're going to get eaten by my cat.

I convinced my wife to stop trying to get me to kill spiders as they eat the "bad" bugs, but she's not having it with centipedes.

They aren't so bad when they're young but he bigger ones with the long legs will produce a scream.

My apartment gets lots of house centipedes. They're harmless but they still freak me out when they scuttle across the floor unexpectedly. They're also extremely difficult to corral, especially without hurting them, but if I don't they're going to get eaten by my cat.
That's horrifying but at the same time I did put out a centipede instead of killing it this summer. It brought me no inner peace. Spiders (non-widow ones) are on probation. They step too far out of line, they get one chance to behave. And next comes the washrag.

I convinced my wife to stop trying to get me to kill spiders as they eat the "bad" bugs, but she's not having it with centipedes.

They aren't so bad when they're young but he bigger ones with the long legs will produce a scream.
I thought you meant they screamed when you squash them.

Yeah, I don't kill any bugs (except for like obvious pests like fleas).

With the house centipedes, they won't bite or cause any damage....but they're so fucking freaky. The first time I saw one, I about fainted like a silent film actress.

And definitely with the age difference.

This is manageable:
1p11swd1z9cz.jpg

This scares me every time:
1495638621-house-centipede.jpg

That's horrifying but at the same time I did put out a centipede instead of killing it this summer. It brought me no inner peace. Spiders (non-widow ones) are on probation. They step too far out of line, they get one chance to behave. And next comes the washrag.

I just leave them be. I figure they'll eventually learn to be inconspicuous to survive the household predator. I've tried putting them outside, but (a) I'm not sure if that puts them in danger, (b) if not I'm certain they just find a crack to get back in, and (c) they're extremely easy to accidentally kill while trying to wrangle them because they're so brittle. Especially their legs.

@Trotsky I always feel like such an ogre when I accidentally kill an insect I'm trying to save.

Yeah, I don't kill any bugs (except for like obvious pests like fleas).

With the house centipedes, they won't bite or cause any damage....but they're so fucking freaky. The first time I saw one, I about fainted like a silent film actress.

And definitely with the age difference.

This is manageable:
1p11swd1z9cz.jpg

This scares me every time:
1495638621-house-centipede.jpg

I just leave them be. I figure they'll eventually learn to be inconspicuous to survive the household predator. I've tried putting them outside, but (a) I'm not sure if that puts them in danger, (b) if not I'm certain they just find a crack to get back in, and (c) they're extremely easy to accidentally kill while trying to wrangle them because they're so brittle. Especially their legs.

Looks like an alien to me, kill it with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back