War Room Lounge v153: Without Floyd it's an amazing sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally forcing myself to finish the final season of Bojack Horseman, one of my favorite shows ever created and I've put off finishing it... for reasons I'm still unsure of. The final season so far has been absolutely incredible, such a damn good show.

Can I get an oof from the people in the back?

I tried watching this a couple of years ago but it was too depressing and all the other characters were annoying (except for the cat lady agent). The Navy Seal episode was funny though.

@Limbo Pete I think you may be interested in this article (and it's interesting for just about anyone tbh) concerning the Indigenous struggle of Chiapas and shaky truce with the Mexican government. If Mexico continues with a couple different projects tensions my flare up in the South to the point of military action.
https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/zapatista-chiapas-caracoles/

Researcher and activist Diana Itzú Gutiérrez Luna, who has worked extensively with Zapatista communities, considers the economic warfare inaugurated by NAFTA part of a larger geopolítica del despojo, or geopolitics of plunder. There are currently 77 military bases in Chiapas, most of them located in the autonomous regions controlled by the Zapatistas and/or in areas rich in natural resources: water, uranium, and the barite used for fracking and the drilling of oil wells. “Basically, what they’re attempting is a territorial advance that implies the extermination of these worlds of indigenous life,”
In his recent communiqué, Subcomandante Moisés agrees: Obrador’s obsession with the train project, he contends, is part of a conception of indigenous people as “museum pieces,” “multicolored handcrafts for the powerful to hide the grayness of their hearts,” a way to “incorporate into the landscape the ruins of a civilization for tourist delight.” Whereas prior presidents either neglected or repressed the indigenous peoples of Chiapas, López Obrador is serious about developing the region; ironically, many see this as an even greater threat to political and cultural autonomy. A stark reminder that, after a quarter-century of struggle, the gains of the 1994 Zapatista rebellion are far from secure.

I tried watching this a couple of years ago but it was too depressing and all the other characters were annoying (except for the cat lady agent). The Navy Seal episode was funny though.
It's super depressing lol. The character development is done really well though, so there's a lot of progress in the characters from season one. It gets very surreal in the later seasons. The writing is really good how they make Bojack still someone to root for despite all his failings.

Also, I think we should all realize that bothsidesism in the United States, whether it comes from the left, right, or disaffected center, exclusively benefits the Republican Party. Republican voters who can't defend Republican policy use the "both parties are the same, so who cares" throw away justification, just as some on the left do to excuse voting third party or not voting at all.

In reality, at least for the time being, the American left coalition needs to act like right wingers in terms of electoral strategy. Right wingers never use bothsidesist arguments to impugn the Republican Party or to excuse not voting. Even when they are critical of Republicans being sell outs, globalists, n*****-lovers, etc., they maintain perspective on the party being definitively preferable to the Democrats. And that's why the far-right is winning: Republican figures are more afraid of their primary threats than of Democratic challengers, yet no matter what the whole right turns out to vote in the general. That's what the left needs to do: put Democrats into power and, if they cross us, pour money and attention into primarying them.
This is a good point, although I'll add that it takes a certain amount of "this is our fucking party too" mentality. And that doesn't just happen because you have an insurgent candidate almost win a primary. It happens when you muscle your way into power and have allies in the fight with you. And now you get Pelosi endorsing Tlaib and Omar.

Man Chris Cuomo is the fucking worst. Why am I watching this?
Certain shows I really don’t understand how they have an audience. Cuomo just likes to provoke and get attention from what I’ve seen. Most of them do.

Voting for the party who doesn't support your platform and who rejects you and your wants before they even have your vote.

Is like Screech pining after Lisa Turtle while she blows Zack in the bathroom.

They even reject medicare for kids to be put in their platform. They didn't even have to do anything with it except put it in their platform. They refused.

Good luck trying to convince them to accept your mission after you vote for them.

Voting for the party who doesn't support your platform and who rejects you and your wants before they even have your vote.

Then don't vote for Biden. We get it, you're really really mad or whatever. Try a new piercing or tattoo. That will show mommy and daddy.

What do you guys make of him saying that you may not see him for a while? Seems like it could be just a delusional lie about nothing (most likely), that he is quarantining due to Covid (next most likely), or that he is in major legal trouble concurrent with the Deutsche Bank case (least likely, not his style to go into seclusion when he's caught committing crimes).

@Social Distance Warrior you know that all that has to happen for you to be banned is for somebody to report any of the number of ridiculously off-topic flaming posts you've made just today.

Now, the question isn't why you do it (you're unstable as hell), but rather, why you would put your fate in our hands like this?

They even reject medicare for kids to be put in their platform. They didn't even have to do anything with it except put it in their platform. They refused.

Good luck trying to convince them to accept your mission after you vote for them.

Vote for Pedro and your wildest dreams will come true.

@Social Distance Warrior you know that all that has to happenfor you to be banned is for somebody to report any of the number of ridiculously off-topic flaming posts you've made just today.

Now, the question isn't why you do it (you're unstable as hell), but rather, why you would put your fate in our hands like this?

If a mod feels like I broke the rules then so be it. If you guys feel like I broke any rules than report me

@Lead , @Kafir-kun have I broken any rules?

@Social Distance Warrior you know that all that has to happen for you to be banned is for somebody to report any of the number of ridiculously off-topic flaming posts you've made just today.

The suggestion that a right winger would ever be banned for flaming is pretty fantastical.

If a mod feels like I broke the rules then so be it. If you guys feel like I broke any rules than report me

@Lead , @Kafir-kun have I broken any rules?
Of course you are way out of line with the rules (and telling on yourself here was kind of silly), but that doesn't necessarily translate to me reporting you. And especially not since I'm already bringing this up and provoking a response, no need to double dip.

Anyway, here are 5 examples of you flaming completely off-topic on dubbs from one thread:

Because he's a reactionary idiot that hates facts and anything that conflicts with his view on life

LMAO!!

funny how you still think this is clever. try a new comeback you lying 바퀴벌레

gotten to.
lol

retard boy.

bitch, don't lie.

fu*king 지체

retard boy tried to bring this to the lounge so his friends could help. LOL
fu*king pathetic.

There's this thing called human cockfighting and it destroyed everyone's naive assumptions about phony martial arts like tai chi, chai tea, and boxing imo.
tenor.gif

3IyjLVl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back