WAR ROOM LOUNGE V14: Moor of the Saim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mask is coming off. You have descended into the territory of labels and name-calling. You appear increasingly as a petulant child instead of a deep thinker.

You used to style yourself the best intellectual in this forum, valuing empiricism and logic over all else, and your prediction record used to support that. Now that you are certain to lose your champion bet status, your post quality has deteriorated. I believe these two phenomena are linked.

Labels are fine where appropriate, but you're not being clear on what your objection is. You did, in fact, stoop to liking a post by b-hop, did you not? Do you want to either dispute my point that he appears to have some sort of learning disability or defend that particular post as being worthy of a like? You did openly admit to supporting Kobach, despite his ethical issues, likely because of his ethnic nationalism, right? I think the kind of vague attack you're taking is a result of you being stuck between realizing that I am correct and not liking it.

Also, I'm the bet champion still. I have another victory on the way, and I offered you a chance to piggyback on it.

It was Trailer Park Boys you fucking ingrates.

It was Trailer Park Boys you fucking ingrates.
Sorry, not familiar lol. I have seen the gifs and quotes and stuff, it seems okay but I don't think I would get into it.

Says the guy who openly endorses Kobach and "likes" posts by b-hop. :)

Also, someone in the 89th percentile as you claim to be would have taken that whole post in at a single glance (most adults don't read word by word).
Have you seen his girlfriend?

Have you seen his girlfriend?
I think he's in a weird spot on that. Once you have posted a faked gf picture but not followed it up with "haha of course she's not really my gf, I fooled you!" because the people you're trying to do that to have been around that block a few times and refused to facilitate that sort of exchange, it puts you in the awkward position of definitely appearing to have tried to pass off a fake gf on the internet, and no explanation will suffice. But on top of that, people don't even care enough to bust you. There's just no move you can make in that spot. You have to kind of sit there and feel really awkward.

Speaking of anger in the forums, does anyone remember this thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/w...t-2-assange-internet-shut-off.3372029/page-24

It was so strange to me that people were losing their shit over a simple, polite request (basically, "what specifically should I look at?").

@Cubo de Sangre, @LogicalInsanity, @theBLADE1

Maybe it was just campaign madness?

I haven't gone through that entire thread, but I'm sure I said some hateful things and lashed out at several posters. If you were one of them I apologize

Those were in my more angry days...

I haven't gone through that entire thread, but I'm sure I said some hateful things and lashed out at several posters. If you were one of them I apologize

Those were in my more angry days...

I don't have any kind of grudge about it. I just think it's kind of fascinating to see how the process works. Kind of a historical document on the growth of an angry mob. My involvement came in when Blade asked for my take on it, and I noted that there was a huge amount of material and asked him to narrow it down. Give me like the most interesting bit--a summary and evidence. Well, you would have thought that I was Bowerick Wowbagger, taking aim at everyone's mothers. No one wanted to answer the question, and the fact that it was even asked was seen as a deep affront. Your involvement was angrily insisting that it had been answered, and calling me dishonest for asking, and then I asked you to link to where it was answered, which drew more of the same.

I think he's in a weird spot on that. Once you have posted a faked gf picture but not followed it up with "haha of course she's not really my gf, I fooled you!" because the people you're trying to do that to have been around that block a few times and refused to facilitate that sort of exchange, it puts you in the awkward position of definitely appearing to have tried to pass off a fake gf on the internet, and no explanation will suffice. But on top of that, people don't even care enough to bust you. There's just no move you can make in that spot. You have to kind of sit there and feel really awkward.
The nice thing is, we can basically sit on it and bust his balls at a later point
Like challenging Homer to an irl fight

The nice thing is, we can basically sit on it and bust his balls at a later point
Like challenging Homer to an irl fight

There's no shame in getting angry, IMO, but there is shame in dealing with it the way wai did. Very mockworthy shit there.

Your mask is coming off. You have descended into the territory of labels and name-calling. You appear increasingly as a petulant child instead of a deep thinker.

You used to style yourself the best intellectual in this forum, valuing empiricism and logic over all else, and your prediction record used to support that. Now that you are certain to lose your champion bet status, your post quality has deteriorated. I believe these two phenomena are linked.
I like how delusional you are. It's really quite endearing.

Yeah, with his recent fawning over Kobach, @waiguoren has essentially openly embraced white nationalism. He had been dancing around it for a bit.

Here's a post that the new, more-open waiguoren liked:

"Is pretty clear, there is Trump and there is the GOP and democrats. The GOP wants cheap labor from the immigrants sources, Trump is a threat to the powerful lobbies and the democrats are just cucks.

I don´t know wich one is the worst really. At least the democrats are very clear in the reason why they want immigrants."

Wai prides himself on being in the 89th percentile and yet "likes" the post written by someone with an apparent learning disability simply because it attacks the tribe that wai's opposes.
I wasn't take it in the way you're implying, in that he's seeing the kinds of people or customs that need to be kept out. Although that might be the case.

I was more speaking to the fact that his insights into why others shouldn't be allowed to migrate into his country is through his being allowed migration into their countries. Makes you wonder what trouble he's causing over there. MS-13 much?
That is funny, but the way I took it was seeing how effective ethnic nationalism is has convinced him that it works better than the American way.
Today has been stressful, and trying, but these posts gave me a big smirk, so thanks.

That's a good idea, too. Anyone who responds to this, in any way, I'll tell'em what I like about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back