Social War Room Lounge V128: The Great Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I didnt care about my post to like ratio

Then I lost just under 50 gs and id be a liar if I said it didnt irritate me a bit

To me likes dont matter but I am concerned about site traffic. As silly as it may seem a lot of people take likes very seriously. Several people were upset with me having 10k last night.

1heFXoy

To me likes dont matter but I am concerned about site traffic. As silly as it may seem a lot of people take likes very seriously. Several people were upset with me having 10k last night.

1heFXoy

<Huh2>

That’s dumb. People will get over it. I get it sucks but I don’t think they had any options left by the time this happened. If someone would ditch a community cause their like count reset, they need to rethink what they actually value. Like you are saying you are so mad that the recognition of a group liking you is gone that you will now abandon that group altogether? Uhhh

<Huh2>

That’s dumb. People will get over it. I get it sucks but I don’t think they had any options left by the time this happened. If someone would ditch a community cause their like count reset, they need to rethink what they actually value. Like you are saying you are so mad that the recognition of a group liking you is gone that you will now abandon that group altogether? Uhhh

People are weird. A lot of people want instant gratification, getting likes gives that to them.

1heFXoy

Its a valid concern man, It sucks when your fave message board dies and they do when people get board or if something changes that makes everyone mad.

I dont know if they are likes are something to lose sleep over but just the same a lot of people did put in a ton of work getting them. Writing silly posts , looking for fun pictures to posts the shoop threads etc .

<Huh2>

its 2020 man people have gone really soft and bitchy and will go full blown karen at the slightest provocation .

its 2020 man people have gone really soft and bitchy and will go full blown karen at the slightest provocation .

The shit some people do to get up votes and likes on social media is insane.

The shit people do to get up votes and likes on social media is insane.

its no secret people love validation

And were all guilty

Dont you post things cuz you think your sher boys will enjoy them ? Me and @Rebelfett have been sending icp jams to each other all month long for example

I think what would really fuck this place up would be a dislike button . Theres a lotta posters here who would straight compete for that record and one poster who would win it all effortlessly

its no secret people love validation

And were all guilty

Dont you post things cuz you think your sher boys will enjoy them ? Me and @Rebelfett have been sending icp jams to each other all month long for example

I think what would really fuck this place up would be a dislike button . Theres a lotta posters here who would straight compete for that record and one poster who would win it all effortlessly

I mean this site has a page to show who has the most likes on the site. When it was brought to my attention that I had 10k worth of likes it made for some fun trolling.

I'm honestly flattered, but you are assuming a level of background chess awareness that just ain't there.

Assuming Lela is another chess program? Where is this happening?
Reinforcement-learning AI that started with the rules of the game and learned from there. Is now beating Stockfish, and she sacrificed a piece really really early in a very old line in a recent game.

Hey what if "likes" were recognized but not recorded?

I still think it's useful in a group setting to communicate preferences but it's pretty obvious that it's not in any way proportional to the quality of posts or posters.

Last edited:
btw I'm getting worse at chess every day. Puzzle rating was 1400 and climbing, and now it's like 1200. Oof.

any Linux users here in the lounge. Which distro?

installing Arch right now on VB

I don't need help just curious if there are any Linux enthusiasts here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back