WAR ROOM LOUNGE V11: Now With More

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's controversial if it's being used to support policies that brutally demean, suppress, exclude, or endanger nonwhite peoples (or white peoples who don't get the benefit of being associated with Western European cultural whiteness).

Also, the entire idea of racial purity and wanting to preserve some abstract cultural organism solely through skin tone is idiotic. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the relative success of white civilization had anything to do with how fair their skin was, and there is likewise no evolutionary or biological benefit to racial purity. In fact, if the rest of nature is to suggest anything, racial purity is fundamentally bad and racial mixing is good for the human species in shortcutting race-pronounced hereditary problems like depression and skin cancer in white folks and heart disease in black folks.
I'm still confused about what constitutes "white civilization", especially when what we now call Europe has changed so very, very much over thousands of years.

Last edited:
In fact, if the rest of nature is to suggest anything, racial purity is fundamentally bad and racial mixing is good for the human species in shortcutting race-pronounced hereditary problems like depression and skin cancer in white folks and heart disease in black folks.
I get all this, but at least in my personal experience as a halfer essentially.... I have always been more readily accepted by my white counterparts than people from my mom's part of the world (Japan).

Stupid question for you all that isn't politics related at all but just popped into my brain.

The bar I work at has a policy of if you are working at the door no smoking cigarettes while talking to people but they've explicitly told me they're ok with my cigars at the door and one of my managers (who is actually younger than me), the owners, and a ton of customers all say me puffing away on a cigar looks more sophisticated than someone sucking on a cigarette....

I'm sitting here thinking about it and realized that's always the perception I've had too and can't for the life of me figure out why that is. Is part of it Hollywood and how the super rich mobsters always had cigars or is it something else?

I'm still confused about what constitutes "white civilization", especially when what we now call Europe has changed so very, very much over thousands of years.

<Fedor23>

Good people. No Spaniards, Muslims, or Greeks. Idk, the narrowness of "white" varies with how much of a cunt the person talking is. It may be as narrow as Britain + Germany.

<Fedor23>

Good people. No Spaniards, Muslims, or Greeks. Idk, the narrowness of "white" varies with how much of a cunt the person talking is. It may be as narrow as Britain + Germany.
Know what gets me as someone that has slowly learned more about the European side of their family?

The Romans invaded and conquered the "heathens" of what is modern day Great Britain, only to be chased out by the pagans/heathens known as the Saxons, who were then embroiled in conflict with the Heathens/Pagans known as the Vikings so on until basically the 1700s.

The Fertile Crescent sand might as well be colored red from all the blood spilled but areas like Great Britain, the Argennes forest, central Germany/France may as well be the same. Talk about regions forever embroiled in bloodshed.

<Fedor23>

Claims to Greece oscilate quite a bit, I think
Christ, even Britain is hilarious to me because the success of their "civilization" was essentially a highly effective colonial system in the face of competition from other European groups.

Know what gets me as someone that has slowly learned more about the European side of their family?

The Romans invaded and conquered the "heathens" of what is modern day Great Britain, only to be chased out by the pagans/heathens known as the Saxons, who were then embroiled in conflict with the Heathens/Pagans known as the Vikings so on until basically the 1700s.

The Fertile Crescent sand might as well be colored red from all the blood spilled but areas like Great Britain, the Argennes forest, central Germany/France may as well be the same. Talk about regions forever embroiled in bloodshed.
Take it from me as a historian, bud: this shit is complicated almost to the point of nonsense if you don't have sources of information that are based in quality scholarship and effectively communicated. People trying to make broad statements about "European culture" to take ownership of narratives are a blight.

Claims to Greece oscilate quite a bit, I think
Christ, even Britain is hilarious to me because the success of their "civilization" was essentially a highly effective colonial system in the face of competition from other European groups.
The thing about England too that could be argued is outside of the Scots and the Welsh... the "English" aren't even the original "English" that were there. They've been so muddled out by Roman, Saxon, and Viking mixing that the original ethnic group that could be considered "English" basically isn't in existence anymore.

The thing about England too that could be argued is outside of the Scots and the Welsh... the "English" aren't even the original "English" that were there. They've been so muddled out by Roman, Saxon, and Viking mixing that the original ethnic group that could be considered "English" basically isn't in existence anymore.
And even those people were "mixed"

Take it from me as a historian, bud: this shit is complicated almost to the pount of nonsense if you don't have sources of information that are based in quality scholarship and effectively communicated. People trying to make broad statements about "European culture" to take ownership of narratives are a blight.
For the longest time I thought my dad's side of the family was simply Czech and Romanian.

In actuality?....

His mom's side: mixture of gypsy and people that settled the area around Bucharest and worked with Vlad the Impaler during that time period.

His dad's side? Jesus fuck... part is from Hungary, part is from the northern coast of France that moved inland during the Viking age BECAUSE of Viking incursions and another portion didn't show up till Rollo "became" French and moved inland himself.

And that's only based on what Romania and the Czech's could dig up for me given the Soviets fucked up a ton of the records.

And even those people were "mixed"
It always baffles me how the "English" at the time of like King Alfred fought the Vikings cause my brain is always like "the Vikings with Ubbe, Ivar, and the other famous ones during that like 200 year period are Danish but weren't the Saxons originally from the same area?"

He is fun to fuck with tho

Less so than previously, when he seemed to be an earnest believer in some quack economic theories. Now that he's moved on to quack biological and sociological theories, it just seems uglier.

Most I've seen him say is that he supports white people wanting to see white people continue to exist. Don't see how that's controversial.

See his comments starting on No. 145 in this thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/m...what-their-parents-taught-them.3795373/page-5

Been posting a lot of that stuff, in addition to the helicopters stuff (an allusion to Pinochet).

I don't think any regular would be surprised if he went full-on Anders Breivik at this point. I don't know if we can stop him, but we can at least not be complicit by encouraging him.

It's one thing to say it's overrated. It's a whole different thing to say it's the "most overrated acting job in the history of Hollywood," when it was an objectively good performance. There are other AA-winning performances that were actually subpar (DiCaprio in The Revenant, Crowe in Gladiator, John Wayne in True Grit, etc.).

Agreed except Gladiator = overrated

latest

I'm sorry, bud, but your eye for acting prowess is apparently dog shit.

Yup was a great performance

Clint Eastwood is an untalented hack. As an actor and as a director. All of his works have been two-dimensional, ham-handed dramas meant to jerk tears from emotionally shallow people. His movies are Remember the Titans, but people think they are Crash. And Crash wasn't that good anyways.

MDB was pretty good IMO.

For the longest time I thought my dad's side of the family was simply Czech and Romanian.

In actuality?....

His mom's side: mixture of gypsy and people that settled the area around Bucharest and worked with Vlad the Impaler during that time period.

His dad's side? Jesus fuck... part is from Hungary, part is from the northern coast of France that moved inland during the Viking age BECAUSE of Viking incursions and another portion didn't show up till Rollo "became" French and moved inland himself.

And that's only based on what Romania and the Czech's could dig up for me given the Soviets fucked up a ton of the records.
And that gets even more exponentially muddled when you specifically try to place such ancestors into the context of "culture" or "civilization". Right off the bat, if those people somehow had the same understanding of those concepts as us, what on Earth would they say? It quickly spirals out of historical methodology unless done right.

Agreed except Gladiator = overrated

Extremely. Everything about it was cliche and mediocre except Joaqin Phoenix's performance, which was genuinely great. Any time I've watched it since, I'm bored until Phoenix comes on screen.

Extremely. Everything about it was cliche and mediocre except Joaqin Phoenix's performance, which was genuinely great. Any time I've watched it since, I'm bored until Phoenix comes on screen.

Ok I though you said Crow was amazing LOL, zzzzzz, ^^^^^ I agree with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back