WAR ROOM LOUNGE V11: Now With More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha yeah thats the one. Revolver Ocelot is trying to get revenge on Big Boss!
I need a Playstation in my life again to replay MGS3.

I think that was the first game I ever 100% on.

EDIT:
My goddamn vacation can't get here soon enough.

The music obviously isn't for everyone but I think everyone that CAN should find a band or festival they'll like at The Gorge and go. The fucking venue is amazing.

Last edited:
So was Greoric always a shameless white supremacist/slave to identity politics, or is he just another victim of the gravitational bifurcation of Trumpian politics?

Let me just start off with a controversial comment...

Denzel's performance in training day is the most overrated acting job in the history of Hollywood

It's one thing to say it's overrated. It's a whole different thing to say it's the "most overrated acting job in the history of Hollywood," when it was an objectively good performance. There are other AA-winning performances that were actually subpar (DiCaprio in The Revenant, Crowe in Gladiator, John Wayne in True Grit, etc.).

A close second is heath ledger's performance as joker

latest

I'm sorry, bud, but your eye for acting prowess is apparently dog shit.

Million dollar baby was great for the "poverty scenes" (waiter taking scraps of the plates). You think Clint would watch his own movies and stop talking to fucking empty chairs to make the 1%ers happy....

Clint Eastwood is an untalented hack. As an actor and as a director. All of his works have been two-dimensional, ham-handed dramas meant to jerk tears from emotionally shallow people. His movies are Remember the Titans, but people think they are Crash. And Crash wasn't that good anyways.

So was Greoric always a shameless white supremacist/slave to identity politics, or is he just another victim of the gravitational bifurcation of Trumpian politics?

Have you stopped beating your wife? :D

I don't understand this reference
I think it's an example of a Catch 22 question.

To the beating wife one if you say "yes" that means that you were beating your wife. If you say "no" it could be taken as you are still beating your wife. If you say "no I never did" it becomes that "HE'S FUCKING HIDING SOMETHING!"

He's a huge Molyneux fan, and as Molyneux has shifted in that direction, he has also. He seems pretty broken, though. I wonder if there are personal issues.

Last edited:
I don't understand this reference

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/69/Complex-Question-Fallacy

Complex Question Fallacy
plurium interrogationum

(also known as: many questions fallacy, fallacy of presupposition, loaded question, trick question, false question)

Description: A question that has a presupposition built in, which implies something but protects the one asking the question from accusations of false claims. It is a form of misleading discourse, and it is a fallacy when the audience does not detect the assumed information implicit in the question and accepts it as a fact.

Example #1:

How many times per day do you beat your wife?

Explanation: Even if the response is an emphatic, “none!” the damage has been done. If you are hearing this question, you are more likely to accept the possibility that the person who was asked this question is a wife-beater, which is fallacious reasoning on your part.

He's a huge Molyneux fan, and as Molyneux has shifted in that direction, he has too. He seems pretty broken, though. I wonder if there are personal issues.

Really unfortunate. Even though I've always disfavored his style of argument (shifting the conversation by asking additional questions meant to insinuate a lateral conclusion), I generally considered him to be one of the more tolerable right-wingers here and one whose policy preferences were, while gross and nonsensical in practice, not overtly hateful in theory. But he's been all-on with the white nationalist-style stuff lately.

Also, Madmick jumped into that Trump/NATO thread to randomly cite to an open white-nationalist and self-identifying alt-righter Anatoly Karlin. I mean, it was on a facially nonracial topic (the Soviet economy), but the fact that he was reading the guy (whose only real function is to misrepresent Putin as an effective leader because he doesn't let in brown people) was alarming.

Same, but I tend to try and avoid the cultural/identity shit nowadays.

Most I've seen him say is that he supports white people wanting to see white people continue to exist. Don't see how that's controversial.

It's a fair question. He's explicitly an white nationalist now, and he's openly been calling for the murder of people with different political views.
Yes but people with different political views support thievery (taxation), so it’s less murder and more capital punishment in his fever dream fantasy world.

Most I've seen him say is that he supports white people wanting to see white people continue to exist. Don't see how that's controversial.
are white people in danger of dying out? cos its news to me

I need a Playstation in my life again to replay MGS3.

I think that was the first game I ever 100% on.

EDIT:
My goddamn vacation can't get here soon enough.

The music obviously isn't for everyone but I think everyone that CAN should find a band or festival they'll like at The Gorge and go. The fucking venue is amazing.

<36> thats the whitest "festival" ive ever seen

It's controversial if it's being used to support policies that brutally demean, suppress, exclude, or endanger nonwhite peoples (or white peoples who don't get the benefit of being associated with Western European cultural whiteness).

Also, the entire idea of racial purity and wanting to preserve some abstract cultural organism solely through skin tone is idiotic. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the relative success of white civilization had anything to do with how fair their skin was, and there is likewise no evolutionary or biological benefit to racial purity. In fact, if the rest of nature is to suggest anything, racial purity is fundamentally bad and racial mixing is good for the human species in shortcutting race-pronounced hereditary problems like depression and skin cancer in white folks and heart disease in black folks.

It's controversial if it's being used to support policies that brutally demean, suppress, exclude, or endanger nonwhite peoples (or white peoples who don't get the benefit of being associated with Western European cultural whiteness).

Also, the entire idea of racial purity and wanting to preserve some abstract cultural organism solely through skin tone is idiotic. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the relative success of white civilization had anything to do with how fair their skin was, and there is likewise no evolutionary or biological benefit to racial purity. In fact, if the rest of nature is to suggest anything, racial purity is fundamentally bad and racial mixing is good for the human species in shortcutting race-pronounced hereditary problems like depression and skin cancer in white folks and heart disease in black folks.

Can you show his support of such policies?

You seem to be conflating preservation with superiority. Not sure that's true. I like my "pure-bred" Golden Retreivers and am in favor of seeing the breed preserved. Somehow though I don't believe it's a fact those dogs are better than every other different kind of dog.

I'm all for race mixing. I'm all for having physically diverse groups too. Different strokes for different folks. Whereas you seem to think your opinion that there's only one way to look at it is a fact. I don't think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back