Social War Room Lounge Thread #321 - welcome to the pussy lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not I'm sending her one. Then the transformation to gun toating right winger will make her journey complete
Lookit you bein' all Palpatine and shit :)

images

I watch his cowboy movies more than the military ones.

Stagecoach
Angel and the Badman
Red River
The Quiet Man
The Searchers
Rio Bravo
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
El Dorado
True Grit
The Shootist

Me too. Great films quoted. The cowboys and big Jake are up there too. Least liked his cop and fireman ones. Military is next and his best are his westerns by far. Never saw him play Genghis Khan. I'm sure that's a solid one. Great thing is that since he did over 200 there are many I still haven't seen.

Top 5 for me:
The Searchers
Big Jake
True Grit
Red River
Cowboys/quiet man

Fighting Kentuckian on now. Good film
Do you remember this one?

I think of it like the anti-Play Misty for Me.

We had little big man on beta. Great movie.
The last time I saw that was probably 30 years ago or more and I still remember it clear as day.

Edit: also nice reference to Betamax. You were one of the few, the proud :)

The last time I saw that was probably 30 years ago or more and I still remember it clear as day.

Edit: also nice reference to Betamax. You were one of the few, the proud :)
Remember you had to buy them early on. We bought a stack of beta tapes and that was one. Back then you watched the same movies 100 yimes haha. I saw it around 3 yrs ago. Just happened to be on. Still great.

Remember you had to buy them early on. We bought a stack of beta tapes and that was one. Back then you watched the same movies 100 yimes haha. I saw it around 3 yrs ago. Just happened to be on. Still great.
Yeah, Chief Dan George (a Canadian) really took his opportunity to shine and ran with it all the way to the Oscars.

Yeah, Chief Dan George (a Canadian) really took his opportunity to shine and ran with it all the way to the Oscars.
We actually had 3 of his movies on beta: Josey Wales, little big man and an obsure one with Jan Michael Vincent called Shadow of the Hawk. He was awesome.

We actually had 3 of his movies on beta: Josey Wales, little big man and an obsure one with Jan Michael Vincent called Shadow of the Hawk. He was awesome.
That last one I has not heard of before. Looking it up on IMDB it appears to be quite an interesting film. Good on you guys having those movies at home. Do you have some indigenous ancestry or were your parents just fans of us Canucks? :)

@fingercuffs Did you ever get a gun (or two...or three...) to complete your 'Muricazation?
I didn't. I still want one but husband doesn't. He's not anti weapon or anything, he just doesn't see the point being the violent crime rate in our town is really really low. It's mainly domestic if anything. I get his point, depending on how things go politically in the next few months I'll likely insist we get one.

I didn't. I still want one but husband doesn't. He's not anti weapon or anything, he just doesn't see the point being the violent crime rate in our town is really really low. It's mainly domestic if anything. I get his point, depending on how things go politically in the next few months I'll likely insist we get one.
Better to have one and never need it than to need it and not have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back