• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social War Room Lounge Thread #320 - Don't tell me what to do, you're not my dad. Wait, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a call from some random number that appeared to be in my region. had no idea who it was but i answered it anyways. in what could only be described as a half chinese and half indian voice (i dont even know if this voice was real) he didnt even give me his name, but told me he was a delivery driver for papa johns and i immediately cut him off and told him he got the wrong number, i didn't order a pizza.

well the bastard just ignored all of that and then asked me for the directions to my house. at that point i started to figure it was a scammer or a fraudster and i thought he was trying to bait me in to giving him my address or personal details over the phone, and any legit pizza delivery guy would have accepted that and the call would have ended after i told him wrong number, i didnt order a pizza.

but he decided to try to keep going with it and i cut him off again and told him to go down know your role boulevard, hang a right on jabroni drive and check his ass into the smackdown hotel and then i just hung up.

so i punched his number into google after, and it's got quite the writeup on it. everybody is suggesting that its some kind of prankster that just wasting peoples time with silly gags. like him asking people if their offer was still available and they say "what offer" he'll say shit like "well i found your number on a bathroom stall..." or he'll call and say he's from the library and they've got overdue books and theyll ask what books and they'll say some raunchy names of imaginary books. or he met a girl at a bar the other night and didn't know she was yours. or saying he's from a pharmacy saying their prescription is filled and they say they didnt hand in a prescription but whats it for? and he'll say its some kind of genital warts cream. or he told them that they killed his cat and they owe him $500 for the funeral. or that they just hit his car and he wants them to pay for it. just dumb corny shit like that.

perhaps they are some youtuber or tiktoker trying to get some fame out of peoples reactions? i don't think i'll be on their next compilation. not after my smackdown hotel shit i laid on him which i thought was pretty quick witted at the time, but i thought i was talking to some fraudster or scammer trying to bait me into giving up my information. but prank callers? i thought that shit died in the 90's!

i'm almost wishing i wouldnt have hung up, just so i could hear his response. i have no idea what kind of joke he was trying to play on me or what the "punch line" was supposed to be because i didn't let him get far with me and i just cut him off every time because my patience is already thin with random numbers who call me. why are you asking me for my address? what part of "you got the wrong number" and "i didn't order a pizza" do you not understand?

Scam baiting is the new prank calling. You mess with assholes instead of random folks.

Scam baiting is the new prank calling. You mess with assholes instead of random folks.

kitboga is absolutely hilarious. i love watching some of that dudes "scammer payback" videos. and that pirogi scammer payback guy as well.

but i really dont care to waste even a minute of my life on the phone with those indian douchebags. these guys are doing gods work.

kitboga is absolutely hilarious. i love watching some of that dudes "scammer payback" videos. and that pirogi scammer payback guy as well.

but i really dont care to waste even a minute of my life on the phone with those indian douchebags. these guys are doing gods work.
Really? I used to love it when they called me, I think they deleted my number from their lists. I'd just start swearing at their mothers in an Indian accent(and I'm damn good at it), they'd hang up on me before I could hang up on them.

On a side note... I am struggling with a case of gout. If you've never had it... it sucks. Can't even touch my big toe. It sucks getting old buds.
Homer?

Really? I used to love it when they called me, I think they deleted my number from their lists. I'd just start swearing at their mothers in an Indian accent(and I'm damn good at it), they'd hang up on me before I could hang up on them.

my grandma used to waste telemarketers time. act like she's mistaking them from a long lost friend in school and just start going off about random shit.

thats not for me though.

As long as we're on the topic of lovely buildings, I took this photo in Kyoto,
N6xsKft.jpg

If you ever find yourself in Japan, Kyoto is a must, I think. Just FYI :)
Dude that is awesome. I went to Japan twice to visit my friends there. Hope to bring my kids to meet them someday. I ate horse meat, whale meat, raw shrimp, fish guts and all. The customer service was incredible. Like the US in the 1950s. I had a doctor friend who is a thoracic surgeon and he had a connection to a very fancy restaurant. He got us a geisha for entertainment. No sex obv. Just conversation and drinking games. My other friends had never seen one. It was a cool experience. When did you go?

7YTfBfw.jpeg

Vzo06LM.jpeg

ugxISiG.jpeg

BTOeDtK.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL no thanks. But I get calls from telemarketers people every fucking day. Just tryin' to help :)

give them that number.
I allow it.

I live in a communist shithole so here we have a register where you can add your phone number and telemarkers cant call you.
If they are serious companies, they have to "wash" their phone lists towards that register and take out your number if you are in it.
I only get telemarker calls from companies I had dealings with before and they have my number in their CRM system. So I get like 1 call /month tops.

give them that number.
I allow it.

I live in a communist shithole so here we have a register where you can add your phone number and telemarkers cant call you.
If they are serious companies, they have to "wash" their phone lists towards that register and take out your number if you are in it.
I only get telemarker calls from companies I had dealings with before and they have my number in their CRM system. So I get like 1 call /month tops.

lol you go to add your number to the do not call list and you'll probably start getting more of those calls.

Dude that is awesome. I went to Japan twice to visit my friends there. Hope to bring my kids to meet them someday. I ate horse meat, whale meat, raw shrimp, fish guts and all. The customer service was incredible. Like the US in the 1950s. I had a doctor friend who is a thoracic surgeon and he had a connection to a very fancy restaurant. He got us a geisha for entertainment. No sex obv. Just conversation and drinking games. My other friends had never seen one. It was a cool experience. When did you go?

7YTfBfw.jpeg

Vzo06LM.jpeg

ugxISiG.jpeg

BTOeDtK.jpeg
Altogether, I've been there 5 times. The first trip was also our honeymoon, so we covered a fair bit of ground but mostly our time was spent in Tokyo and Kyoto.

Other times we went to Yokohama, Hiroshima, and we had a really amazing time in Okinawa. Visited some other smaller places whose name escapes me at the moment.

Here's a few pics,
Kyoto, Golden Pavillion
Uf7Mnwj.jpg

Itsukushima Shrine near Hiroshima
Oh0feQ8.jpg

On our most recent trip last fall, we went to Sendai and Yokohama to visit friends of my wife's. This trip was more about visiting with people as opposed to visiting places but we still had some fun, like the all you can eat and drink place we went to :)

Last edited:
Looking I have no idea. I do remember the quadratic equation though.
It's fascinating because it's a number that is unique in all of mathematics and it appears in all sorts of far flung and different branches. I think guguru sensi* can give you a better explanation than I can in this space.

This may or may not interest you but I think it's pretty darn cool:

*google, that is, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back