• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social War Room Lounge Thread #319: Bring back Matlock and get the hell off my lawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fan fiction. was he the one with like (allegedly) 7 kids? Different moms snd he bragged about never seeing them?
Sounds like a keeper

Fan fiction. was he the one with like (allegedly) 7 kids? Different moms snd he bragged about never seeing them?
He bragged about finding his teenage daughter's liquor stash and then drinking it all

He bragged about finding his teenage daughter's liquor stash and then drinking it all
He also said sat around with some of his kids laughing at another one of his kids for liking her own Instagram posts and he called her a loser. When she joined law enforcement he said their standards are too low.

Great guy.

Sucks to be that guy they are going to kill in Alabama today. Already went to the death chamber once, but the state fucked it up so he didn't die. Now he's going to be the first ever executed by nitrogen hypoxia. Hard to trust Alabamas not to fuck that up too. Seems to border on cruel to me, but I didn't see a thread on it. All for killing a lady to get $1000.

Did we still land on it being duplicates? PEB made three of that same thread and it seemed like the other guy was making a fourth as a joke. He made a post asking for both accounts to be banned which seems like another joke that he’d be okay being banned if he could take PEB with him.
I feel like I haven't seen you in forever bud

Sucks to be that guy they are going to kill in Alabama today. Already went to the death chamber once, but the state fucked it up so he didn't die. Now he's going to be the first ever executed by nitrogen hypoxia. Hard to trust Alabamas not to fuck that up too. Seems to border on cruel to me, but I didn't see a thread on it. All for killing a lady to get $1000.
Death penalty is so weird to me these days.

On one hand, I don't think it deters crime and costs an absurd amount of money to drag a death row inmate though the system for 20 years worth of appeals. It's not even worth it to have the death penalty all things considered these days.

On the other hand, I don't feel bad for most of these shitbags that get put to death, including this guy.

The best outcome would be to see a murderer get life in prison, and then get murdered by their cell mate within the first week of incarceration.

To drag this out even more. I went to small screen showing about the death penalty a few years ago and the creators/hosts were very anti death penalty. They tried to get people to feel bad about this guy that was getting put to death for raping and killing a pregnant woman in Ohio. (I think Mcguire was his last name) The guy was clearly unremorseful for his crime too. They were talking about how they gave him lethal injection and it took them like 20 minutes to kill him while he was writhing around in agony. Most of the people in the audience were anti death penalty and gasped when they spoke about that in the documentary.

After the screening was done. The creators opened up the floor for questions or comments and people were outraged over the botched execution. Then they asked if anyone in the audience was pro death penalty. I raised my hand and they singled me out asking questions about my beliefs (mind you I worked on a book about the death penalty in the past). I told them that I wasn't really for the death penalty for the reasons I stated above. However, I said that I don't feel bad for shitbags like that guy that took a long time to die... because he tortured and raped a pregnant woman before he killed her and her husband committed suicide a month later (which of course they didn't mention in the documentary) because he couldn't handle the grief. He basically killed three people that day... and yet we're supposed to feel bad for this piece of shit cause he suffered for an extra 15 minutes? I literally said the best outcome was that after they convicted him they took him to the back of the courthouse and put a bullet in his head.

Last edited:

On one hand, I don't think it deters crime and costs an absurd amount of money to drag a death row inmate though the system for 20 years worth of appeals. It's not even worth it to have the death penalty all things considered these days.

On the other hand, I don't feel bad for most of these shitbags that get put to death, including this guy.

The best outcome would be to see a murderer get life in prison, and then get murdered by their cell mate within the first week of incarceration.

To drag this out even more. I went to small screen showing about the death penalty a few years ago and the creators/hosts were very anti death penalty. They tried to get people to feel bad about this guy that was getting put to death for raping and killing a pregnant woman in Ohio. (I think Mcguire was his last name) The guy was clearly unremorseful for his crime too. They were talking about how they gave him lethal injection and it took them like 20 minutes to kill him while he was writhing around in agony. Most of the people in the audience were anti death penalty and gasped when they spoke about that in the documentary.

After the screening was done. The creators opened up the floor for questions or comments and people were outraged over the botched execution. Then they asked if anyone in the audience was pro death penalty. I raised my hand and they singled me out asking questions about my beliefs (mind you I worked on a book about the death penalty in the past). I told them that I wasn't really for the death penalty for the reasons I stated above. However, I said that I don't feel bad for shitbags like that guy that took a long time to die... because he tortured and raped a pregnant woman and her husband committed suicide a month later (which of course they didn't mention in the documentary) because he couldn't handle the grief. He basically killed three people that day... and yet we're supposed to feel bad for this piece of shit cause he suffered for an extra 15 minutes? I literally said the best outcome was that after they convicted him they took him to the back of the courthouse and put a bullet in his head.
Hard to disagree with any of this. The guy in Alabama has been waiting to die for 35 years now. Only part that makes me consider it to possibly be cruel is the fact that he was already taken into a room to literally face death once. Haven't read anything about him denying he committed the crime so I don't really feel sorry for him, but facing death again and knowing that they've never tested this method before is kinda fucked up.

Hard to disagree with any of this. The guy in Alabama has been waiting to die for 35 years now. Only part that makes me consider it to possibly be cruel is the fact that he was already taken into a room to literally face death once. Haven't read anything about him denying he committed the crime so I don't really feel sorry for him, but facing death again and knowing that they've never tested this method before is kinda fucked up.
35 years? Fucking hell. Yeah I mean, what's the point now... especially to make the guy a test dummy after fucking up already. It's definitely a shitty system we've got here.

After the screening was done. The creators opened up the floor for questions or comments and people were outraged over the botched execution. Then they asked if anyone in the audience was pro death penalty. I raised my hand and they singled me out asking questions about my beliefs (mind you I worked on a book about the death penalty in the past). I told them that I wasn't really for the death penalty for the reasons I stated above. However, I said that I don't feel bad for shitbags like that guy that took a long time to die... because he tortured and raped a pregnant woman and her husband committed suicide a month later (which of course they didn't mention in the documentary) because he couldn't handle the grief. He basically killed three people that day... and yet we're supposed to feel bad for this piece of shit cause he suffered for an extra 15 minutes? I literally said the best outcome was that after they convicted him they took him to the back of the courthouse and put a bullet in his head.
Years ago we were taken on a tour of San Quentin, including the gas chamber. They also showed a short video on how it operated including an execution. Freaky. The entire room including the viewing area was painted a nauseating light green.

Years ago we were taken on a tour of San Quentin, including the gas chamber. They also showed a short video on how it operated including an execution. Freaky. The entire room including the viewing area was painted a nauseating light green.
Gas Chamber is pretty crazy method. I believe Gee Jon was the first inmate they used it on in 1924.. and in SQ non the less. The last was Walter LeGrand in 1992 in Arizona. If memory serves. Feel like firing squad was probably the most "humane" if you can imagine that.

I also research some crazy botched electric chair executions too and the reactions of those watching them. Surreal moment in life no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back