War on men - Feminism's lies and brainwashing

Every day is opposite day when you join the Straight White Male Victimization Whine Parade.

In every single measure of power they're still perched on top, but that doesn't matter. The liberals are out to destroy them and destroy Western civilization.

It's more about the spewing of misleading stats. Calling liberals and feminists out on their bullshit stats does not equate to victimizing ones self. It's simply calling people out when the spew bullshit stats.

And the 2nd sentence you ignored? You know, the more meaningful one (salaried positions and positions of power).

You do know that salaried positions and positions of power often times include bonuses right? Who's more likely to get a bigger bonus? Someone who works more hours or less?

It's more about the spewing of misleading stats. Calling liberals and feminists out on their bullshit stats does not equate to victimizing ones self. It's simply calling people out when the spew bullshit stats.

So provide the stats that show there is no gender gap when you control for hours worked, maternity, profession etc. etc..

The link in the OP contradicts things you guys have been saying.

And btw, I admit the 77 cents is very misleading, I'm not defending that.

We are still not a finely tuned race of humans quite yet. It will take time to fix all these deficiencies but first one must accept what is wrong and we can move forward. Everyone gets hated on no matter what and sometimes their perspective locked and hate towards certain types but in the end reason and logic can prevail. Imagine if we had a genderless society, how about a see through colorless society, all the same in every way would we see things differently or logically as we should? Things to ponder.

You do know that salaried positions and positions of power often times include bonuses right? Who's more likely to get a bigger bonus? Someone who works more hours or less?

You're a hack. Most of those bonuses are paid based on performance, not hours worked. Companies prefer salaried positions so they don't pay for extra hours worked.

There are tons of salaried positions on there that do not pay overtime (they're salaried). There are plenty on that list that have majority of women making up the profession and still pay less to women even positions of power like Education Administrators, for example.

It IS a very common practice for salaried workers to be expected to work past their hours though, and oftentimes raises are decided based on who works longer hours.

Here you go:

"According to Quartz, the study documents the shift towards longer work hours over the past three decades and the exacerbated gender pay gap, and found that almost 20% of American men worked 50 hours or more per week in 2000 -- compared to only 7% of women and the extra hours result in an extra 6% in hourly wages across all occupations.

And the extra hours are significant, not only for extra pay, but for career progression. The research suggests that the disparity in overtime not only widens the gender pay gap by 10% but those who work more overtime are more likely to end up at the top of the corporate ladder because employers are likely to view these employees as hard-working and more deserving of leadership positions.
"

Keep in mind your study in *no way* shows this to be incorrect - it doesn't consider it at all.
http://www.womensagenda.com.au/talk...n-women-gender-pay-gap-explained/201311263262

IN what fields and to what extent? The link I posted has many many fields and many supervisory and high level manager positions that show the same gap.

"75 percent of college-educated women aged 35 to 60 nationwide would rather have more free time in their lives than make more money at their jobs. In fact, 40 percent would even take a pay cut for more flexibility"

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs...al-women-choosing-flexibility-over-higher-pay

75% of women between 35 and 60, actually. That doesn't discriminate between field, and likely just shows a different social priority compared to men.

That doesn't make sense. We are talking about 1 or 2% of their careers lost to child birth. And you see the same gaps when comparing women to men BEFORE they have children.

Actually, many more women take significant time off of work during the entire time their kids are at home compared to men - part of why they want those flexible hours. This is already explained in what I've posted, but I can't help but get the feeling you read the one article you liked and you've left it at that.

You only pointed to two things really. What you have done is found a legitimate explanation for the gap for some situations and are incorrectly applying that across the board.

Keep in mind, my position is one that there is merit for both sides, not that "Women are WRONG - they make just as much, all things equal!" I really don't know. But, when the popular number thrown around can be shown to be either grossly wrong or misleading, I like to question the hell out of it.

One of your links debunks your own myth, lol. I didn't watch any of the videos.

Actually, I left that up specifically to show another side of the issue. If you actually read the other links I post, you'll probably see that they directly contradict/disagree with that link - which leaves us at a point of "what's really going on here?"

Why do I get the feeling you read that link, saw it supported your existing bias, and are pretty much ignoring significant evidence pointing other directions now? I find it interesting that you've decided the evidence on one side consists of "myths" but you've decided that the one is evidently not...

Lastly, several of the more comprehensive studies I've seen still suggest a slight wage gap which people cannot conclusively pin down to either sexism or unconsidered factors. None of it is proof of consistent systemic pay discrimination though.
So a 5 - 7% unexplained gap means everything is ok to you?

Nope. I just choose not to scream "SEXISM!" when the previous numbers, which were much larger, have been soundly debunked without sexism having anything to do with it. As such, I don't propose we institute new large scale legal fixes to a problem we haven't even conclusively pinned down yet.

I don't propose everything is OK, but why don't we find out what accounts for discrepancy before we assume it's sexism? That cool with you?

Here's some food for thought for you:

"But now there's evidence that the ship may finally be turning around: according to a new analysis of 2,000 communities by a market research company, in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in the U.S., the median full-time salaries of young women are 8% higher than those of the guys in their peer group. In two cities, Atlanta and Memphis, those women are making about 20% more. This squares with earlier research from Queens College, New York, that had suggested that this was happening in major metropolises. But the new study suggests that the gap is bigger than previously thought, with young women in New York City, Los Angeles and San Diego making 17%, 12% and 15% more than their male peers, respectively. And it also holds true even in reasonably small areas like the Raleigh-Durham region and Charlotte in North Carolina (both 14% more), and Jacksonville, Fla. (6%). "

http://content.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,2015274,00.html

Tell me, where does this fit into the whole "it's not because they want kids, more flexible hours, men have more seniority, blah blah blah" spectrum for you?

Every day is opposite day when you join the Straight White Male Victimization Whine Parade.

In every single measure of power they're still perched on top, but that doesn't matter. The liberals are out to destroy them and destroy Western civilization.

Hmm, in fairness, the way you state it sounds perfectly rational. Almost by definition if one group is on top in every area as you say, then everybody else is going to be gunning to bring them down.

In human society, it would actually be kind of strange if that wasn't the case.

So provide the stats that show there is no gender gap when you control for hours worked, maternity, profession etc. etc..

As per my previous post...

Then there is the issue of marriage and children. The BLS reports that single women who have never married earned 96% of men's earnings in 2012.

American Enterprise Institute in 2012

It IS a very common practice for salaried workers to be expected to work past their hours though, and oftentimes raises are decided based on who works longer hours.

Here you go:

"According to Quartz, the study documents the shift towards longer work hours over the past three decades and the exacerbated gender pay gap, and found that almost 20% of American men worked 50 hours or more per week in 2000 -- compared to only 7% of women and the extra hours result in an extra 6% in hourly wages across all occupations.

And the extra hours are significant, not only for extra pay, but for career progression. The research suggests that the disparity in overtime not only widens the gender pay gap by 10% but those who work more overtime are more likely to end up at the top of the corporate ladder because employers are likely to view these employees as hard-working and more deserving of leadership positions.
"

Keep in mind your study in *no way* shows this to be incorrect - it doesn't consider it at all.
http://www.womensagenda.com.au/talk...n-women-gender-pay-gap-explained/201311263262

"75 percent of college-educated women aged 35 to 60 nationwide would rather have more free time in their lives than make more money at their jobs. In fact, 40 percent would even take a pay cut for more flexibility"

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs...al-women-choosing-flexibility-over-higher-pay

75% of women between 35 and 60, actually. That doesn't discriminate between field, and likely just shows a different social priority compared to men.

Actually, many more women take significant time off of work during the entire time their kids are at home compared to men - part of why they want those flexible hours. This is already explained in what I've posted, but I can't help but get the feeling you read the one article you liked and you've left it at that.

Keep in mind, my position is one that there is merit for both sides, not that "Women are WRONG - they make just as much, all things equal!" I really don't know. But, when the popular number thrown around can be shown to be either grossly wrong or misleading, I like to question the hell out of it.

Actually, I left that up specifically to show another side of the issue. If you actually read the other links I post, you'll probably see that they directly contradict/disagree with that link - which leaves us at a point of "what's really going on here?"

Why do I get the feeling you read that link, saw it supported your existing bias, and are pretty much ignoring significant evidence pointing other directions now? I find it interesting that you've decided the evidence on one side consists of "myths" but you've decided that the one is evidently not...

Nope. I just choose not to scream "SEXISM!" when the previous numbers, which were much larger, have been soundly debunked without sexism having anything to do with it. As such, I don't propose we institute new large scale legal fixes to a problem we haven't even conclusively pinned down yet.

You posted several links to Youtube and I'm at work and can't watch.

Do you have evidence that when you control for all the factors there is no gap? If I missed the link, my bad, but that could go a long way.

I'm not talking about slanted articles either, something with real data.

As per my previous post...

I don't think you've been reading my posts.

I am saying that the things you guys bring up do explain much of the gap. There is still a 5-7% gap unexplained. And anyone who lives on earth knows there is gender discrimination. It's hard to quantify, but you guys are arguing like it doesn't exist.

One again, I am not defending the 77% comment/quote.

]

I'm curious, now that you've cherry picked the one link out of several that supports your position, are you just not paying attention to the others? Again, several of them directly contradict the one link you're throwing around as if it is definitive.

You might want to read up on the new rules there buddy.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f54/rule-change-read-2732077/

Really dude? Why don't you message them too while you're at it (you probably already have).

You don't think there's any correlation between hours worked and performance?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the job and what the bonus is paid for and if it pays a bonus at all.

I doubt female CEOs and presidents work less then men. My boss works harder then everyone in the office and she has 2 young children.

So are you saying men work harder and perform better?

]

I'm curious, now that you've cherry picked the one link out of several that supports your position, are you just not paying attention to the others? Again, several of them directly contradict the one link you're throwing around as if it is definitive.

I skipped the youtube videos because I can't watch. I don't care to get into any of the rape stuff. And I saw that one link was from a decent source (I recognized the website).

Once again, if I missed it, my bad, just show me the link.

You posted several links to Youtube and I'm at work and can't watch.

Do you have evidence that when you control for all the factors there is no gap? If I missed the link, my bad, but that could go a long way.

I'm not talking about slanted articles either, something with real data.

http://malemattersusa.wordpress.com/...licy-research/

Read the sources. Call it "not real data" if you will, but you do more to reveal something about your own bias in there. Keep in mind the source you now seem to be throwing at everyone like it is gospel is a blog. Do you know what the academic, peer reviewed standards are for a blog? Well, I don't, and I'm in academia for a living. It's essentially an opinion piece.

Still looking for that company.....

Yeah, because companies make salary information for employees publicly available (excluding the ones where it's mandatory, like executives of publicly traded companies).

http://malemattersusa.wordpress.com/...licy-research/

Read the sources. Call it "not real data" if you will, but you do more to reveal something about your own bias in there. Keep in mind the source you now seem to be throwing at everyone like it is gospel is a blog. Do you know what the academic, peer reviewed standards are for a blog? Well, I don't, and I'm in academia for a living. It's essentially an opinion piece.

It says page not found. But if you're going to give me an opinion piece, I'm not all that interested tbh.

Calling something real data has nothing to do with bias (you're starting to break down and get exposed here). Data is data, interpretations may or may not be biased. Present data and we can talk about it. But if all you got are opinion pieces from dudes who hate women because they couldn't find a date to the prom, I'm not interested.

Back