Want to know what grinds my gears?

JohnyBrabo

Mackin & Stackin Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The UFC isn't even trying with these late replacement fights anymore. We just found out Travis Browne will be replacing Rothwell to fight Werdum at 203. Werdum absolutely annihilated Browne already and Browne just got rekt at 200 by Cain. Even Lewis makes more sense at this point. Nobody wants this rematch.

Really UFC? You couldn't find any other HW to take this fight? I don't believe you. Almost anybody would have been better. This is a joke.

Couple that with two newbs debuting in the UFC fighting at 202 on the fucking main card no less! One of the biggest shows of the year and trash like that on the main card. The guy fighting Means is 11-5, a TUF reject, and only 1-3 for Bellator and Strikeforce. That resume screams main card worthy.
<36>

They know casuals buying the card will be buying for Conor vs Nate and maybe Glover vs Rumble. So who gets pissed on? That's right. Us, the hardcore fans.

Card subject to change and all I get it, but they can make better fights than this. It's honestly embarrassing and very frustrating a fan. Who wouldn't be hesitant to buy tickets to an event now?

Also forget about firing Joe Silva. At this point the man should be publicly executed. Thanks for nothing UFC!

/rant

Last edited:
In the UFC's defense of Browne/Werdum, there aren't many top ten HWs lying around with nothing to do, especially to face the number one ranked HW in the world. Who else is there? JDS and Cain, and Lewis is 10 now I think. Number 7 vs Number 10, that makes sense to me. Those numbers matter, and I guarantee more people are familiar with Browne than Derrick Lewis. Who knows what Cain and JDS are up to, but I'm sure they were offered the fight too. I have to imagine they were, at least.

And the replacements for the 202 card, they're not great, but aren't they on even shorter notice than one month? I thought Strickland just pulled out last week, and Aliev did too. That's only two + weeks notice, not as easy. Sad that there's a whole roster of WWs and they have to sign two new ones to take the fight, but that's just how it is I guess.

I agree but it's tough with HW's. It's a nice rant but I see you haven't come up with a suitable replacement of you own?

I wanted to see some Swanging and Banging ffs. Now we see Browne being embarrassed all over again. Lame.

Last edited:
I just don't know what they could have done.... Too soon I think for beast.

I really wanted to see Rothwell be all weird like he do

Down with Novitzky !

In the UFC's defense of Browne/Werdum, there aren't many top ten HWs lying around with nothing to do, especially to face the number one ranked HW in the world. Who else is there? JDS and Cain, and Lewis is 10 now I think. Number 7 vs Number 10, that makes sense to me. Those numbers matter, and I guarantee more people are familiar with Browne than Derrick Lewis. Who knows what Cain and JDS are up to, but I'm sure they were offered the fight too. I have to imagine they were, at least.

And the replacements for the 202 card, they're not great, but aren't they on even shorter notice than one month? I thought Strickland just pulled out last week, and Aliev did too. That's only two + weeks notice, not as easy. Sad that there's a whole roster of WWs and they have to sign two new ones to take the fight, but that's just how it is I guess.
I hear you. You're not wrong in a lot of what you say. But even Lewis vs Werdum would have been a fresh fight for the fans. I know they can do better.

UFC should have just booked Lim vs Means for 202 main card, and put either Magny vs Larkin or Garbrandt vs Mizugaki on the main as well. Turn these lemons into lemonade.

So what was it about there past practices that lead you to believe they cared about finding good fighters & putting on decent cards ?

I don't know enough about the newcomers on the 202 card to say if that was a good choice. As for the Werdum fight I agree it doesn't make sense but who knows the situation. If Cain, Lewis, JDS all said no go then I think Browne vs. Werdum is better than no fight. Of course maybe it would have been better to take Werdum off the card instead of fitting a square peg in a round hole. I'm not sure....

The UFC isn't even trying with these late replacement fights anymore. We just found out Travis Browne will be replacing Rothwell to fight Werdum at 203. Werdum absolutely annihilated Browne already and Browne just got rekt at 200 by Cain.

Really UFC? You couldn't find any other HW to take this fight? I don't believe you. Almost anybody would have been better. This is a joke.

Couple that with two newbs debuting in the UFC fighting at 202 on the fucking main card no less! One of the biggest shows of the year and trash like that on the main card. The guy fighting Means is 11-5, a TUF reject, and only 1-3 for Bellator and Strikeforce. That resume screams main card worthy.
<36>

They know casuals buying the card will be buying for Conor vs Nate and maybe Glover vs Rumble. So who gets pissed on? That's right. Us, the hardcore fans.

Card subject to change and all I get it, but they can make better fights than this. It's honestly embarrassing and very frustrating a fan. Who wouldn't be hesitant to buy tickets to an event now?

Also forget about firing Joe Silva. At this point the man should be publicly executed. Thanks for nothing UFC!

/rant
Phew came in expecting to have to White Knight Novitsky.

So what was it about there past practices that lead you to believe they cared about finding good fighters & putting on decent cards ?
its a fact. With 3 cards a month though, they haven't been able to lately

Down with Novitzky !
SSSLLLOOBBBOOODDDOOON!
tumblr_mi8sibbCS31rem27uo1_r1_250.gif

I hear you. You're not wrong in a lot of what you say. Even Lewis would have bee a fresh fight for the fans. I know they can do better.

UFC should have just booked Lim vs Means for 202 main card, and put either Magny vs Larkin or Garbrandt vs Mizugaki on the main as well. Turn lemons into lemonade.
I think Lim vs Means would have been a suitable replacement but as for pulling "headlining prelims" the network/FP are less inclined to allow those swaps lately. For instance, we'll get one legit fight that should be on the main card as the main event for the FP prelims, period.

Look at the Cub/Kawajiri fight, that could have been a main event for some fight night card in a smaller city. And I remember at 200 when fights were pulled around, the prelim main event on FS1 was always going to be Pena vs Cat, and even when there was discussion on whether DC would stay on the card, the thought by the UFC was to put Kelvin vs Johny as the fifth fight on the main card, not Cat/Pena.

And there's no way they'd match up Lewis against Werdum, even on short notice.

I hear you. You're not wrong in a lot of what you say. But even Lewis vs Werdum would have been a fresh fight for the fans. I know they can do better.

UFC should have just booked Lim vs Means for 202 main card, and put either Magny vs Larkin or Garbrandt vs Mizugaki on the main as well. Turn these lemons into lemonade.

UFC treats the hardcore fans like their bottom bitch..

It's fine, given it's short notice. Still gives us answers about where werdum is at after his abyssmal performance against Stipe, given Browne is a decent ranked opponent. And gives Browne a chance to avenge the bad loss to werdum.

The UFC isn't even trying with these late replacement fights anymore. We just found out Travis Browne will be replacing Rothwell to fight Werdum at 203. Werdum absolutely annihilated Browne already and Browne just got rekt at 200 by Cain.

<36>

/rant

Yeah every top ten heavyweight is just lining up to fight Werdum on less than a month's notice. Just shut the fuck up and watch like we all know you're going to do anyway.

Back