• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanderlei: You're not the boss of me Dana, I can fight wherever I want

I very much doubt they would have, the problem for Wanderlei was IMHO that he was a low value asset as he was coming to the end of his career and the UFC/AC's needed a scapegoat to look tough on in order to cover situations like Vitor getting a title shot and the lack of testing on him.

Fighting in Bellator isn't going to happen due to the US ban, even if they ran a card outside the US they wouldn't want to get against the AC's.

Honestly though much of this debate seems rather pointless as where talking about contractual issues we simply don't have any details of.

Well I disagree with the UFC needing anything I don't think they had anything to do with this. Being tough on Wanderlei needed to happen for obvious reasons. If guys gets banned for running then they wont do it cause no one wants to risk that. If a guy only gets a year punishment well that's a normal punishment so guys will just run and take the punishment instead of being outright caught and ruining their name. They needed to make the punishment for running that much worse so that no one even thinks about it. Let's not forget they already had this issue with Overeem before. If both Wand and Reem got away with it there is no way fighters don't take notice.

My understanding is that Bellator often fights in reservations so no AC's are there. I'm not so sure how much they care about AC's and not going against them.

I agree but I'm at work so it's either talk about this or work. I choose to talk about this.

I predict we won't see Wand again. Maybe years later in a grappling tourney that Dana will attempt to bury under a well timed card.

Wandy, I love you and will watch you fight anywhere any time but you're digging yourself a pretty big hole. Hope I'm all sorts of wrong and he show Dana White what's up. Unfortunately, this is America and the deepest pockets usually win.

Back