• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanderlei: You're not the boss of me Dana, I can fight wherever I want

He probably wouldn't because of pressure from the NSAC. The UFC upholding his contract helps them uphold their ban.

And since the UFC likes holding a lot of events in Las Vegas . . .

Good point.

6bf843802301ba8a5f9f815298b4431feba2e5efc85e729552eb7ca600e0b34e.jpg

Dana don't be a douche for once and let Wand go fight. He's pretty close to washed up it's not gonna hurt you to be the bigger man for once in your life.

Dana fuckin white.

Dana tends to get vindictive when somebody insults him. Especially when a major event got fucked up. Especially when Dana had nothing to with anything that transpired. Especially after giving the fighter money and respect for years. Especially if he is never ever going to make any money on that fight ever again (life time ban).

If Dana thought Tito Ortiz would sell a million PPVs, he'd smile and welcome Tito back. Wand is never going to be able to fight for the UFC again so Dana is "FUCK HIM."

He may eventually find a way out through a legal process. But Wand screwed himself big time. All he had to do was keep clean and finish out his contract. He could have even trashed the UFC on the way out like Tito and Rampage did. Both finished up their deals got paid and went on to sign new lucrative deals with Bellator. You know that Wand would have gotten picked up by them in a heartbeat and paid very handsomely for his services.

i think youre missing the part where wandy loved collecting his massive paycheques from the ufc until he got a life time ban from the NSAC. he wasnt trying to finish his contract. he was trying to win a fight and keep collecting massive paycheques from the ufc. he was trying to use PED's and ran from a test

its like people are completely delusional on where the situation is at and how they got there

the NSAC gave him a lifetime ban. now its the ufcs fault for preventing wandy from fighting? oh so now its the ufc's obligation to shoot themselves in the foot and piss off the commission because wandys running from tests, fucking them over after the big opportunity of hosting TUF with chael, and then not being able to fight because hes cheating. the ufc should let wandy go so they can piss off the NSAC and a star can go over to a competing organization?

this is honestly like watching a child throwing a tantrum because "i want, i want, i want" and nothing else seems to register or matter

How does a lifetime ban not void his contract? If it doesn't then the UFC contractually owes him a fight.

I don't think there is any UFC contract (or 99% anyway) where a fighter isn't guaranteed at least one fight a year, So someone could always intentionally get popped and get like a first time ban of a year to void a contract. It would be a little extreme but some guys are locked up for 3,4,5 years and go 9-12 months sometimes between fights if they have an injury anyway. I don't know a lot about contractual law but I would think the UFC would maintain rights even throughout the ban. But i could be wrong

Dana don't be a douche for once and let Wand go fight. He's pretty close to washed up it's not gonna hurt you to be the bigger man for once in your life.

Dana fuckin white.

I think it is the bigger precedent. He woudl basically be rewarding a fighter for testing dirty for steroids and making his services unavailable to the UFC. Then on top of it they should allow him to fight possibly at a rival promotion as Wand is still a big name? There just is no way to rationalize doing it if you are the UFC.

This isn't like Wand has some injury where fighting all-out MMA makes him vulnerable and he is asking to be released so he can go kickbox or something where it could look vindictive to simply not allow him to do it. He hurt the company's image from running from a drug-test (among other things) and they aren't going to release the rights to someone because he got banned so someone else build off his name recogtnition

man, i love wand, but he fucked up big-time. he should swallow his pride, and do whatever is in his contract. talk shit about the ufc afterwards.

Dana fuckin white.

I wouldn't do this. Bellator would sign him right away even if it's not for fight just to promote their brand. On top of that he's been doing nothing but nonstop talking mess about the UFC. I bet if he would have taken the punishment and accepted that he messed up the UFC would be willing to work with him. Maybe let him fight for other orgs while still in the contract. Now I doubt they'll help himat all.

For everyone saying the UFC has to offer Wand fights, they wasted at least 5 off the top of my head trying to get Wand to fight Chael, so they definitely don't have to offer him any for at least the rest of the year. Seeing as Baroni was saying that some Japanese promotion wanted to do him vs Wand for the NYE show, the UFC is perfectly allowed to block that seeing as they fulfilled their end of the contract by offering him fights this year.

well Wanderlei has really fucked things up for himself.

if he decides to take a fight in Japan and just shove it in face of the NSAC and every legitimate territory in MMA, Dana and the UFC, and the MMA fans who want a clean sport.

then i would definitely recommend liquidating all his US assets otherwise he is gonna be a old broke beaten athlete who will spend his days living in squalor and regret.

reminds me of Darryl Strawberry , and countless other athletes that have captured are hearts and attention, then walked down a sad and pitiful road

Wandy made his bed, now he gets to lay in it. Tough shit, Wandy.

Well, if Dana doesn't let him out of his contract that says a lot. You can't fight for the UFC in America, we won't fight you anywhere else and yeah you still owe me x amount of fights. I think a judge would tell Dana to let him fight or tear up the contract. Because in a way dana has already fired him.

Wand is incredibly juvenile, the shit he says leave me embarassed.

Still can't believe he wrote 'you're not the boss of me'. Fucking embarrassing.

UFC should release him. Keeping him under contract accomplishes nothing but fucking over Wand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back