Wanderlei Silva vs Chris Leben II

I would love to see Wand get revenge but in my heart I think Leben is a bad style fight for him .

Even if they fought again and Wand won, it doesn't mean the first fight didn't happen.

Leben-KOing-Silva_UFC-132.gif

I agree, two losses to Leben would look much better on his resume.

it might last more than 27 seconds but wandy would get KOd in the 1st again

Some of the comments in this thread are crazy, those uppercuts probably would have knocked out most people in middleweight, and people act as though Chris Leben isn't a good fighter, sure he isn't a world beater. Wand did have a little success granted the fight wasn't 30 seconds. When Wanderlei fights smarter see Bisping,Franklin,and Lee he does a lot better and more then capable of winning more fights. I could guarantee you if Wand had used that style a lot more throughout the years he might have been a UFC Champ and his resume would be even better. There's no arguement he's a legend in the game and granted he isn't what he used to be but fighting differently and smarter could keep him fighting longer and actually have more success not saying he would be a champ again.

Some of the comments in this thread are crazy, those uppercuts probably would have knocked out most people in middleweight, and people act as though Chris Leben isn't a good fighter, sure he isn't a world beater. Wand did have a little success granted the fight wasn't 30 seconds. When Wanderlei fights smarter see Bisping,Franklin,and Lee he does a lot better and more then capable of winning more fights. I could guarantee you if Wand had used that style a lot more throughout the years he might have been a UFC Champ and his resume would be even better. There's no arguement he's a legend in the game and granted he isn't what he used to be but fighting differently and smarter could keep him fighting longer and actually have more success not saying he would be a champ again.

Cung, Frankling and Bisping aren't iron-chinned brawlers. I highly doubt he could avoid a brawl with Leben for 3 rounds.

Wand would get hurt again. Leben may not be champ material but he's a solid fighter.

Wand would win if he fought smart and technical(think Cung Le and Bisping), if he tries to bullrush he loses every time, however. He just doesn't have the chin to try to trade blows at this point.

Problem with your theory is Cung Le and Bisping (pillow fists) don't hit anywhere near as hard as Leben. Just sayin..

Cung, Frankling and Bisping aren't iron-chinned brawlers. I highly doubt he could avoid a brawl with Leben for 3 rounds.

That's not the point being made and it has nothing to do with their chins at all. The debate is could he do better and win if he keeps fighting like in those fights.

Why the heck would you remind us of this?!?! It's bad enough it actually happened. Now, just let me forget that it did. Don't tell me you want Big Nog vs. Mir III next. Well, at least it would seem Big Nog has a better chance at "redemption" than Wand at this point. :(

You know what would be worse than having a loss to Leben on your record? having two.

Leben wins again lol, I bet almost the same way the first one went too

Wands chin just isnt up to snuff anymore, Leben hits too hard and is way too willing to take a severe beating to land that one punch. And Wand is way too willing to get into a brawl. 7-8 years ago Leben would have been massacred but those days are gone.

leben-silva_finish.gif

This was the ENTIRE fight lol, Chris leben would just clinch and upper cut again.

Back