Wanderlei Silva vs Chris Leben II

xxC0mmentatorxx

White Belt
Reaction score
I think it's time Wanderlei avenge this loss, don't you? This blemish looks ridiculous to have on a resume.

Wanderlei stands no chance against Leben at this point in his career.

honestly, it will probably end the same.

i loved the wanderlei of old for his fighting skills, agression and overall entertainment value, but the wanderlei of new should stick to coaching and just training to keep fit/healthy...

leben would win again.

Time to accept the fact that the only way Wanderlei wins is if he can avoid getting hit by Leben for 3 rounds.

I wouldn't go Wanderlei's way I think.

At this point I think the UFC should give Wanderlei a fight with Shields and let him retire on a win.

I actually made a thread like this a while back, Wand's losses are all very respectable, then there's... that

I believe in Wanderlei.

No matter how much it hurts.

I wouldn't mind it. Honestly though I picked Leben to win this before hand. I thought Wand wouldn't have the power to KO him and the speed to avoid him so eventually he'd get hit on his aged chin.

Although its still a close fight on paper. Love both fighters.

Wand would win if he fought smart and technical(think Cung Le and Bisping), if he tries to bullrush he loses every time, however. He just doesn't have the chin to try to trade blows at this point.

Wand would win if he fought smart and technical(think Cung Le and Bisping), if he tries to bullrush he loses every time, however. He just doesn't have the chin to try to trade blows at this point.

True and Its actually extremely impressive though that he has changed his style.. He knows hes much slower now. His approach to Franklin and Cung was actually that of a counter fighter! and he still almost KO'd Franklin and KO'd Cung.

Leben is a bad match up for Wand. The outcome of a 2nd fight wouldn't be much different, except it might last more than 27 seconds.

If by avenging his loss you mean get KTFO by Chris again then sure.

I think Wand would get glassed again. Leben can still take a shot from almost anyone, Wand's chin isn't the same.

Yeah that's a good idea. Lets Give Wand an iron chinned, heavy handed brawler.

unfortunatly his consistency with not adjusting to a smarter style of fighting has proven that any fight going forward, the odds are he will lose.

also, just like you said - at this point his chin seems to be shot.....

wanderlei is done.

Leben is a solid fighter with a dozen wins in the UFC. No surprise he won.

Wandy would take the rematch. He's not bull rushing anymore.

Back