Wanderlei Silva facing 9th striker in a row in UFC!!!

wilKO

Green, White & Gold belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Wanderlei came over from Pride suffering 2 brutal KO losses in a row and was regarded as one of the very best fighters of all time. He enters the UFC and fights:

Chuck Liddell
Keith Jardine
Rampage Jackson
Rich Franklin
Michael Bisping
Chris Leben
Cung Le
Rich Franklin
Brian Stann???

He was also scheduled to fight Vitor Belfort before Belfort got injured. Dana says he doesn't want to make money off Wanderlei getting hurt. That's exactly what he is doing. Give Wanderlei a grappler for once. Wanderlei vs Shields would be awesome. What do we learn from Wanderlei vs <insert dangerous striker>? It's ridiculous.

I understand it's exciting and I can allow this excuse for a time but 9 fights?! Every single UFC fight since getting KTFO twice in a row has been against a striker. Enough already!

Wand is said to be pretty particular about who/where he fights, so blame him.

Wand is said to be pretty particular about who/where he fights, so blame him.

I thought he said he didn't want to fight Stann because Stann is a hero?

yeah...thats a long list of strikers...

but Shields is just too fucking boring to risk ''wasting'' one of the last or maybe the last Wand's fight ever...

its hard to tell where Wand is.. you think he's done, but he has nice wins over Bisping and Cung pretty recently, and nearly finished Rich in their second fight..

His talent still shows at times, im excited for his next fight. Though, I think one more brutal KO and its about that time

I wonder how he did with Akiyama, if he didn't got injured

He definitely wanted the Liddell, Franklin, Le, Leben and Rampage fights.

He also demanded Vitor after getting quickly knocked out by Leben and really wanted Dan Henderson again when he was set to make his 185 debut (Dan ended up leaving UFC).

For the most part, these are the kinds of fights he wants. He was scheduled to face Akiyama once, but that was a fight that Akiyama really wanted.

He doesn't wanna do it in the US. Now they're fighting on Japan

its hard to tell where Wand is.. you think he's done, but he has nice wins over Bisping and Cung pretty recently, and nearly finished Rich in their second fight..

His talent still shows at times, im excited for his next fight. Though, I think one more brutal KO and its about that time

You're right. I was trying to work his current UFC record out in my head and he has some nice wins and not too many KO losses. But he's getting rocked and dropped in almost all his fights. He can still KO you at any time but I wish he could fight a Palhares or Shields or anyone that doesn't suggest he's only there to spill blood for no real reason.

I was hoping to see Wand murder Shields, now it looks like he's gonna get KO'd :(

Wand can say no if he wants to. Still shows he has balls.

Wandy is being fed to Stann so Stann can remain a contender. They will avoid putting Stann against a rounded, prime, fighter for a while unless they need him beat to build someone else up.

Apparently Wandy is very much against getting booed. According to Dave Meltzer, he was assured that since it's in Japan, he won't get booed. It's the reason he turned down the fight before.

The Axe Murderer doesn't want to be the bad guy. Ironic.

Because those are the fights he can actually win.
Franklin is not a striker first.

Would love Shields vs Wand....to bad they are giving him Stann.

Wandy is being fed to Stann so Stann can remain a contender. They will avoid putting Stann against a rounded, prime, fighter for a while unless they need him beat to build someone else up.

Uh okay...
Vanderlei does decent against, Franklin x2, Le, and Bisping and he's being "fed" to a guy like Stann? If anything there is a high probability he KO's Stann.

Uh okay...
Vanderlei does decent against, Franklin x2, Le, and Bisping and he's being "fed" to a guy like Stann? If anything there is a high probability he KO's Stann.

I dunno man. Kinda depends how he plays it, if goes with a leben gameplan he loses, if not, I can see him pulling it off.

Because those are the fights he can actually win.
Franklin is not a striker first.

?? Franklin is the epitome of a striker styled fighter. His gameplan was to KO Anderson twice...

Wanderlei came over from Pride suffering 2 brutal KO losses in a row and was regarded as one of the very best fighters of all time. He enters the UFC and fights:

Chuck Liddell
Keith Jardine
Rampage Jackson
Rich Franklin
Michael Bisping
Chris Leben
Cung Le
Rich Franklin
Brian Stann???

He was also scheduled to fight Vitor Belfort before Belfort got injured. Dana says he doesn't want to make money off Wanderlei getting hurt. That's exactly what he is doing. Give Wanderlei a grappler for once. Wanderlei vs Shields would be awesome. What do we learn from Wanderlei vs <insert dangerous striker>? It's ridiculous.

I understand it's exciting and I can allow this excuse for a time but 9 fights?! Every single UFC fight since getting KTFO twice in a row has been against a striker. Enough already!

Wand is pretty selective about who he fights, so its not really Dana's call. Also Joe Silva makes the match ups.

Back