Wanderlei Silva facing 9th striker in a row in UFC!!!

?? Franklin is the epitome of a striker styled fighter. His gameplan was to KO Anderson twice...

He prefers string, but it's not better than his grappling.
He took Anderson down in the second round.

I dunno man. Kinda depends how he plays it, if goes with a leben gameplan he loses, if not, I can see him pulling it off.

He fucked up big time against Leben. it was a quick fight and doesn't say much other than vanderlei looked awful in the first few seconds.
Obviously Cung has proved to be a solid win if he can make Cote look foolish. And Vanderlei still almost KO'd Bisping and Franklin. Almost doesn't cut it but those 2 aren't as bad as Stann.

If Vanderlei is gonna keep fighting this is definitely the matchup you want!

You're right. I was trying to work his current UFC record out in my head and he has some nice wins and not too many KO losses. But he's getting rocked and dropped in almost all his fights. He can still KO you at any time but I wish he could fight a Palhares or Shields or anyone that doesn't suggest he's only there to spill blood for no real reason.

wands been getting rocked or dropped in every fight since he started his career.

MMath but Wand did better against bisping then stann did so he might come out on top, the fact this fight is happening in Japan makes me hope he gets the KO

You think a guy who promises violence wants to get dry humped by Shields for 3 rounds??? You think the UFC and its fans want to see him getting laid on by Munoz or Chael?

Uh okay...
Vanderlei does decent against, Franklin x2, Le, and Bisping and he's being "fed" to a guy like Stann? If anything there is a high probability he KO's Stann.

Allow me to clarify my statement. He is being "stylistically" fed to Stann. Wandy is a smash mouth striker. That's who Stann does the best against. They put him against guys that aren't strikers (Sonnen, Bisping) he gets beat, and beat bad. They need him to win so that he can be a contender when they need him to be.

Wanderlei wants exciting fights where he loses by ko or wins by ko.

And? So what if he's fighting a striker again? He's an "entertainment" fighter at this point in his career (meaning that he's never going to make another run at the title), so why not give him exciting fights (ones that we know are going to match his style)?

And what's all this about Wandy being "pretty selective about who he fights"? I don't know if you guys are saying that like it's a bad thing or not, but he's fought a lot of the toughest guys in the world (a few who he probably shouldn't have fought!), so I don't know where that's coming from.

I agree with the Shields/Wanderlei match. I've been wanting that fight for a while.

Allow me to clarify my statement. He is being "stylistically" fed to Stann. Wandy is a smash mouth striker. That's who Stann does the best against. They put him against guys that aren't strikers (Sonnen, Bisping) he gets beat, and beat bad. They need him to win so that he can be a contender when they need him to be.

???

And? So what if he's fighting a striker again? He's an "entertainment" fighter at this point in his career (meaning that he's never going to make another run at the title), so why not give him exciting fights (ones that we know are going to match his style)?

And what's all this about Wandy being "pretty selective about who he fights"? I don't know if you guys are saying that like it's a bad thing or not, but he's fought a lot of the toughest guys in the world (a few who he probably shouldn't have fought!), so I don't know where that's coming from.

It's coming from post Pride fans who weren't around when he was still in his prime.

Back