Wanderlei on Jones/Sonnen: Jones can win with one hand tied behind his back

Chael should send his training partner Chris Leben to KO this idiot again.

Can't wait till Stan sends this guy off to the sunset.

lol did you just called Wandy an idiot?, member since 2010 and still white belt trash talking Wandy?, cant believe this happened.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! The Brazillian excuse express will be in full swing after this one. Top bad Wandy will probably be in a coma and not able to make any actual excuses himself. No matter, his Brazillian buds are well versed in that department and are more than capable.

Lol I like how people act like cause Sonnen didn't beat him to death in that van that he "punked out".

But yes, I can see the most likely scenario in Stann vs Wandy being Wandy lying on the mat out cold, going to retirement. Dana will force it after this beating, mark my words.

Last edited:
lol did you just called Wandy an idiot?, member since 2010 and still white belt trash talking Wandy?, cant believe this happened.

The fact that Im a "white belt" and a member since 2010 means nothing about how much I have followed MMA.

The fact that you've been a member/poster for over a year longer than I have and have nearly 10 times the posts I have means your a shut in.

Next time your at a bar make sure the girls know your an "Orange Belt" on Sherdog.

Fuking loser.

Jones probably could triangle Sonnen with one arm

Good argument.

I think Jones vs Sonnen will be way more competitive than people think, and it's definitely going to be interesting to see their wrestling styles clash.

Wand vs Stann is one I'm not looking forward to in the least. If Wand doesn't get KO'd (fingers crossed), I'd love to see them match him with Sonnen. Another interesting matchup, but I could see Sonnen winning easily. I think a lot of people here let their love for Wand cloud their judgement. I'm guilty of it too. :D

The fact that Im a "white belt" and a member since 2010 means nothing about how much I have followed MMA.

The fact that you've been a member/poster for over a year longer than I have and have nearly 10 times the posts I have means your a shut in.

Next time your at a bar make sure the girls know your an "Orange Belt" on Sherdog.

Fuking loser.

ilpfGFjphCpPb.gif

I like you a lot Wanderlei but Jones has no chance to take Sonnen's LHW title.

'One-handed Jones' sounds like an old poker trick from the 1800s, to sneak another Ace into your hand. "Yeah, Wild Bill caught old man Pratchett tryin' to cheat him with a one-handed Jones. Shot him dead, right there at the poker table."

Or maybe a sex move. "We were tired, and it's that time of the month anyway, so she just gave me the ol' one-handed Jones."

Anyways, Wand is awesome.

Pure gold.

Wanderlei is right except for the part where he says Anderson can beat Jones.

I mean he could be wrong but it's funny that you're so sure when professional fighters say that Anderson has something for him.

Who really knows, obviously Jones has great wrestling and that will be a big advantage, but he'll have to lock it up first.

Assuming Jones stays at LHW, I don't think there is anyone that can beat him. Maybe Cormier. MAYBE. I wouldn't favour Anderson's chances against Jones at 205; I don't think Jones could stand with Anderson, but he wouldn't have to. And I love Anderson Silva, which is why I don't really want to see that fight.

As for Sonnen, terrible mismatch - Jones will ragdoll Sonnen. Far, far superior striking (diversity of attack, speed, range, footwork); superior overall wrestling game (better clinch throws, powerful double); better overall clinch work (Muay Thai); and far superior offensive and defensive Jiu-Jitsu. I seriously don't see how Sonnen beats Jones other than an unlikely decision.

The problem is Wanderlei is the only Brazilian fighter who took what Sonnen said for real, I mean, even Anderson knew that it was bs to sell the fight.

Thus Wanderlei is the only one really pissed off with Sonnen. He is such a nice person but so naive.

Back