Wanderlei on Jones/Sonnen: Jones can win with one hand tied behind his back

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by SL9, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Chael should send his training partner Chris Leben to KO this idiot again.

Can't wait till Stan sends this guy off to the sunset.

2. HC Daniel

HC Daniel Blue Belt

Good to se Wandy agree with the fans on this fight.

3. HC Daniel

HC Daniel Blue Belt

lol did you just called Wandy an idiot?, member since 2010 and still white belt trash talking Wandy?, cant believe this happened.

4. HAILTHELEAF

HAILTHELEAF Brown Belt

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! The Brazillian excuse express will be in full swing after this one. Top bad Wandy will probably be in a coma and not able to make any actual excuses himself. No matter, his Brazillian buds are well versed in that department and are more than capable.

Lol I like how people act like cause Sonnen didn't beat him to death in that van that he "punked out".

But yes, I can see the most likely scenario in Stann vs Wandy being Wandy lying on the mat out cold, going to retirement. Dana will force it after this beating, mark my words.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. The fact that Im a "white belt" and a member since 2010 means nothing about how much I have followed MMA.

The fact that you've been a member/poster for over a year longer than I have and have nearly 10 times the posts I have means your a shut in.

Next time your at a bar make sure the girls know your an "Orange Belt" on Sherdog.

Fuking loser.

6. Thrawn33

Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

Jones probably could triangle Sonnen with one arm

7. Grungnir

Grungnir White Belt

Good argument.

I think Jones vs Sonnen will be way more competitive than people think, and it's definitely going to be interesting to see their wrestling styles clash.

Wand vs Stann is one I'm not looking forward to in the least. If Wand doesn't get KO'd (fingers crossed), I'd love to see them match him with Sonnen. Another interesting matchup, but I could see Sonnen winning easily. I think a lot of people here let their love for Wand cloud their judgement. I'm guilty of it too. :D

8. Chramelated

Chramelated The Real Guy, The Best Guy Banned

[​IMG]

9. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

I like you a lot Wanderlei but Jones has no chance to take Sonnen's LHW title.

10. cameronpoe

cameronpoe White Belt

Pure gold.

11. GrindingANARCHY

GrindingANARCHY Banned Banned

Wanderlei's right about Jones/Sonnen & Anderson beating Jones.

12. effedup

effedup Silver Belt

I mean he could be wrong but it's funny that you're so sure when professional fighters say that Anderson has something for him.

Who really knows, obviously Jones has great wrestling and that will be a big advantage, but he'll have to lock it up first.

13. vishal-ajj

vishal-ajj Brown Belt

GTH Azzmonkey!

14. J Dilla

J Dilla Purple Belt

Assuming Jones stays at LHW, I don't think there is anyone that can beat him. Maybe Cormier. MAYBE. I wouldn't favour Anderson's chances against Jones at 205; I don't think Jones could stand with Anderson, but he wouldn't have to. And I love Anderson Silva, which is why I don't really want to see that fight.

As for Sonnen, terrible mismatch - Jones will ragdoll Sonnen. Far, far superior striking (diversity of attack, speed, range, footwork); superior overall wrestling game (better clinch throws, powerful double); better overall clinch work (Muay Thai); and far superior offensive and defensive Jiu-Jitsu. I seriously don't see how Sonnen beats Jones other than an unlikely decision.

15. rorymachidonald

rorymachidonald Purple Belt

The problem is Wanderlei is the only Brazilian fighter who took what Sonnen said for real, I mean, even Anderson knew that it was bs to sell the fight.

Thus Wanderlei is the only one really pissed off with Sonnen. He is such a nice person but so naive.