Wanderlei on Jones/Sonnen: Jones can win with one hand tied behind his back

Don't know about the one hand part. That cuts Jones reach down quite a bit then

Good luck stuffing take downs and stopping Chael from passing guard with one arm. That part is clearly a joke.

I think Chael is going to retire if he loses to Bones.

Yeah that is a good point. Chael did say that he doesn't want to be an MMA fighter unless he is contending for the belt.

And Wand would lose to Jones if Jones had no arms.

I wish Sonnen would just retire Wand, humiliating him at home in front of a Brazilian crowd.

I probably give Sonnen more props (as a fighter) than most around here. He's obviously a late bloomer, but I consider him an elite fighter at this point. Great chin, excellent wrestling, impressive physical specimen, elite cardio, good boxing, and getting mount in the 2nd Anderson fight convinced me that his BJJ is pretty good these days (if not for Anderson's top notch striking off his back, he never would have gotten the sub in the 1st fight).

With all that being said, Sonnen's damage output will never be enough to retire anyone. He's not a guy who kicks your teeth out of your mouth like Machida, gives you a concussion like Vitor, or tears through bones and ligaments like Mir.

Well sonnon could beat wand with one arm behind his back, while sonnon is fight guys like Jones and silva wand is getting knocked out by guys like leben

humiliating how, with a 3-round dry humpring? lol

You jest, but if Chael had actually gone to prison over that mortgage fraud, he would have been the most feared inmate. What are you going to do if a 200 pound Olympic wrestler wants to spoon?

All respect to Wanderli, but the blind hate between sonnen and brazilians goes both ways.

Seriously?

There is nothing blind about the hate any Brazilian has towards Chael.

No-one in Brazil had any hate for him before he started talking shit about their country.

I like Chael and his shtick but that his anti-Brazil comments were totally unnecessary and in very poor taste.

Besides, when Jones hellbows him into oblivion, even way-past-his-prime Wandy will be able to beat him.

All respect to Wanderli, but the blind hate between sonnen and brazilians goes both ways.

It actually doesn't, that's the interesting part. Chael says it to bust balls and to promote a rivalry/fight. They legitimately hate him, and won't let it go even after their guy shut him up and he conceded defeat and moved on. I think its just a Brazil-Brazillian thing. I remember hearing a story about how Chris Jerricho was almost arrested and held when he stepped on the brazil flag to build heat with the crowd.

You jest, but if Chael had actually gone to prison over that mortgage fraud, he would have been the most feared inmate. What are you going to do if a 200 pound Olympic wrestler wants to spoon?
Come up behind him and stab him in the neck?

Stab the fuck out of him with a broken spoon....

Make him lose his teeth...

Let's not go that far. Chael would win if Jones was using one arm.

You may not get it because you are american. He says some deep deep racist shit. I dont mind, I know its Sonnen and he is just like that. But the normal fanbase/people that dont follow the sport get very offended. He says somethings about our kids being poor and crying about his shirts.

Guess what, the kids here would probably cry for a bottled fart from him. And thats not something to laugh about. Not even promoting. Sonnen legalized racism/prejudice online because after the shit he said, everything is meaningless.

Just think about it, Brazil is poor and dumb - and thats not funny

Back