Wanderlei on Jones/Sonnen: Jones can win with one hand tied behind his back

If Anderson can beat Jones and Sonnen got the best of Anderson for most of their fights, isn't it a bit unfair to say Sonnen has no chance against Jones?

Funny thins is Jones would even beat Anderson with one hand tied behind his back. He is just that good.

I wonder how many limbs Jones could have tied behind his back and still win, if he ever fought Wand.

Anderson is not the only guy who has a chance - Cormier, Overeem, Barnett, Cain could all tool him

Wandy is right, Sonnen is an underdog. However, I'd like to see Sonnen beat Wandy into a living death after this fight. Wandy knows what's up. If he isn't a vegetable by the time Sonnen fights Jones, I would love to see that mathup. Just to shut him up. Would like to see Sonnen go on a Brazilian legends squash match tour. Wandy, Lil' Nog, Belfort, Shogun, hell even Big Nog. :)

Last edited:
"the only person that could beat Jones now is Anderson Silva" wanderlei Silva.

a good quote in deed. almost needs it's ow thread title

Wandy is right, Sonnen is an underdog. However, I'd like to see Sonnen beat Wandy into a living death after this fight. Wandy knows what's up. If he isn't a vegetable by the time Sonnen fights Jones, I would love to see that mathup. Just to shut him up. Would like to see Sonnen go on a Brazilian legends squash match tour. Wandy, Lil' Nog, Shogun, hell even Big Nog. :)

Are you TRYING to show people how ignorant you are?

Sonnen... on a BRAZILIAN squash tour?? Did you just start watching MMA last month?

Sonnen... on a BRAZILIAN squash tour?? Did you just start watching MMA last month?

No offense, and this is just my opinion, but I can see Sonnen beating all of those guys he listed.

No offense, and this is just my opinion, but I can see Sonnen beating all of those guys he listed.

He'd have a good shot at beating all those but an even better chance he'd get submitted by at least two of those guys.

He'd have a good shot at beating all those but an even better chance he'd get submitted by at least two of those guys.

I don't agree, while he has a chance to get subbed by all of those guys I think there is a better chance of Sonnen learning from his mistake against Anderson in the sub department, and taking those guys down and just punishing them til the end.

wandy is way off about silva being the only one who can beat jones. first of all, jones would beat silva. second, i can think of at least 3 heavyweights who would beat jones

I wish Sonnen would just retire Wand, humiliating him at home in front of a Brazilian crowd.

I love Wand as much as the next guy but Id like to see him take on Sonnen. He would get destroyed.

Forrest was surprising, but just imagining Sonnen beating up Shogun on the mat for 3 rounds is just emotionally disheartening to think about

Lighten up, Francis. Are you insane? No Im a longtime MMA fan, and I just call it like I see it. I'm a Sonnen fan, and I said that I believe he will more than likely lose I jones. But it is fantasy to think that he wouldn't put Wandy on his nack and pound him for 3 rounds or until he goes out.

Now what I find so funny is how you Nutjobs get so offended over somebody stating the obvious. If you don't think Sonnen's wrestling, constant pressure, cardio, and iron chin don't match up well with Lil Nog, Shogun, Wandy, Belfort, then I don't know what to tell you.

Now I'm sorry to upset you but face the facts that Wandy is grasping on to his relevancy, while Sonnen is fighting for two titles in two consecutive fights. Sonnen beats most any Brazilliab not named Anderson Silva IMO.

Back