wait, why is cody getting a title shot again.....

Its only because he beat Mizugaki. Thats how you get a title shot in this class. Worked for both these guys.

remind me of what this guy has done.

literally everyone in the division deserves a title shot over him.(exaggeration calm down).

why did he get one over dillishwa?

I get it, he's a good looking young lad. Is that why he's getting the shot?

Is that all you need? BRB gonna get tattoos and an undercut quick to get a title shot.
I mean...maybe it has to do with the fact that he's won all of his UFC fights and has a good finish rate? Maybe it has to do with the whole Cruz vs TAM rivalry? Maybe it has to do with the fact that Cruz hasn't fought him yet?

If you really, truly, honestly have no idea why they made this fight, you're either not paying attention or you're less intellectually capable than most 5 year olds.

Which is it?

He is unbeaten.
Have wins over good guys, like Mizugaky and THomas Almeida (who was unbeaten until he fought Cody).
He also had the back & Forth with Cruz on camera multiple times, and as a member of TAM, it makes up for a good rivalry.
TJ, unfortunately, with the TUF (Faber & Conor), then his departure from TAM and subsequent loss to Cruz, he has fallen from grace, so the UFC rather put Cody (better storyline) against Cruz.

TJ Beat assuncao and will fight Lineker this weekend. With a win, he will probably fight the winner of Cody & Cruz.

Lets be real here. Takeya is 1-4 in his last 5 fights, getting stopped in each one, imo he needs to hang it up.

Win over Almeida was impressive no doubt.

135 is stacked with contenders right now, and each are deserving, this fight will be exciting.

Thats why cody's been admitted to hospital multiple times for concussion and dom hasnt
So? That's also why he has 9 KO's in 10 wins. Dom is good but boring. People who take some risks are simply more fun to watch.

why are YOU getting a title shot again, bro?

Because WME only cares about money fights. They can market neck tattoo boy to the hipsters and women that like bad boys while showcasing the trash talk.

Get ready for a lot more matches like this. It's going to take a long time to recoup 4 billion.

TJ Beat assuncao and will fight Lineker this weekend. With a win, he will probably fight the winner of Cody & Cruz.
Personally, with his unlikeable attitude & not-so-fan-friendly style, I think the next fight will likely be Cody vs TJ. Cruz will fight someone who also doesn't deserve a title shot over TJ.

He was the first guy to pick up the second controller, and press start

Looks like a just bleed kind of guy, talked some shit to Cruz, Cruz responded to him, next thing you know.....title fight.

It's all scientific. Awful tattoos make you marketable, while at the same time making you a worse fighter. So they take punchers with shitty tattoos, market them to the public, and then have classy guys that actually know how to fight beat the shit out of the tatted up idiots. It brings in a crowd, while still showing off the skill it it takes to be good. It's fucking genius really.
<mma4>

Personally, with his unlikeable attitude & not-so-fan-friendly style, I think the next fight will likely be Cody vs TJ. Cruz will fight someone who also doesn't deserve a title shot over TJ.
I don't think so.
I mean, I agree with you his attitude and fighting styles are not fan friendly, but I find it hard to justify anyone else.
TJ lost a close decision to Cruz.
then he beat on the #2 contender.
Now he is fighting an up&coming fighter riding on a 6 fights win-streak...

... if he doesn't get it, this will be a huge jab on MMA as a sport (I know, I know, this is entertainment, but it has to keep at least a semblance of sport)...

I mean...maybe it has to do with the fact that he's won all of his UFC fights and has a good finish rate? Maybe it has to do with the whole Cruz vs TAM rivalry? Maybe it has to do with the fact that Cruz hasn't fought him yet?

If you really, truly, honestly have no idea why they made this fight, you're either not paying attention or you're less intellectually capable than most 5 year olds.

Which is it?

keep telling yourself that bro

It's a one sided beating of an up and comer that could be good someday.

While I think Cruz wins this fight it's pretty silly to be this confident about it. If it was this easy to predict who would win fights there would be no point in making them.

I don't think so.
I mean, I agree with you his attitude and fighting styles are not fan friendly, but I find it hard to justify anyone else.
TJ lost a close decision to Cruz.
then he beat on the #2 contender.
Now he is fighting an up&coming fighter riding on a 6 fights win-streak...

... if he doesn't get it, this will be a huge jab on MMA as a sport (I know, I know, this is entertainment, but it has to keep at least a semblance of sport)...

here's my problem with the situation, hyperbole in the OP aside.

Listen, Im not a Tj fan by any means. I literally root for anyone else he fights against, besides barao. But I have to be honest and fair here, he beat barao who was arguably p4p 1 twice, and he beat him HANDEDLY. He beat barao more significantly than Cruz beat TJ (I had the fight for cruz, could have easily gone to TJ) and that should count for something. He then like you said beat the number 1 contender. It boggles my mind that TJ wasn't granted a title shot. The guy deserves it.

Im sure cody is good, but he has 1 good win over mizugaki who'se ranked 15 right now. Also consider cody is ranked 5. not 4-3-2 or 1, he's 5. You can talk him up all you want, but there are 4 other guys ahead of him who should have gotten the shot. Even besides TJ, you have Lineker who IMO deserves a shot way more than cody. Get another win or 2, sure, Ill accept him as a title challenger.

this leaves the question, why him? I'd hate to think it's because he's tatted up and shit but I don't know for sure. Another possibility is that dana and WWE cough sorry WME have high hopes for him and expect him to beat Cruz. Athough i seriously doubt it.

there are threads everyday on whether conor deserved a shot or if Bisping should be cherry picking old fighters but this one seems to be going under the radar. I understand that marketing and money goes into choosing who fights who, but if we don't set a precedent that is fair to rankings as well the sport is going down the wrong path IMO.

remind me of what this guy has done.

literally everyone in the division deserves a title shot over him.(exaggeration calm down).

why did he get one over dillishwa?

I get it, he's a good looking young lad. Is that why he's getting the shot?

Is that all you need? BRB gonna get tattoos and an undercut quick to get a title shot.
No he is getting a title shot because the ufc decided it. No explanation needed to anyone

Back