VOLKANOVSKI = BROKEN

Credit to him for stepping up.

But Volkanovski = 35-year-old Garden Gnome

His aura of invisibility is gone.
His self-belief is now gone.

Age caught up with him.

My prediction:

1. 35-year-old Volkanovski will get decimated by 26-year-old Ilia Topuria.
2. 26-year-old Ilia Topuria will get outboxed by 31-year-old Max Holloway.
3. 32-year-old Max Holloway will avenge a 36-year-old Volkanovski next year.

Max will reemerge as FW GOAT

Thoughts?
I think Islam striking is getting better over time tbh...
Volk, post fight, said, you can't back up to Islam, well, sort of a pass the torch comment.
I think the short notice was not a good decision on Volk Part.
I don't know if its age, I go with Islam is growing more skill wise as Volk has peaked ...Islam was always a better striker than Khabib imo.
I think Islam has more time to improve too...I see him taking a risk and going up a weight division in the future.
Volk, he can have a few more years in his division...Volk is still too skilled for most of them imo.

5241f818076b2a524bf37e56ee924f08.jpg
Tell him that butterflies suck too

I think Islam striking is getting better over time tbh...
Volk, post fight, said, you can't back up to Islam, well, sort of a pass the torch comment.
I think the short notice was not a good decision on Volk Part.
I don't know if its age, I go with Islam is growing more skill wise as Volk has peaked ...Islam was always a better striker than Khabib imo.
I think Islam has more time to improve too...I see him taking a risk and going up a weight division in the future.
Volk, he can have a few more years in his division...Volk is still too skilled for most of them imo.

Skill and reflexes are not the same thing.

Volk for sure is skilled.
Volk for sure is a bad ass.

But Volk's timing is going to get worse (over time).
Being a short guy, losing your timing, with no real KO power does not = longevity going forward.

IMO

Age caught up with him.

My prediction:

Thoughts?

this is the way - Volk was gifted #2 against Max so all will be righted.

He sold himself out for that new contract. Looked different, like he had no intention of winning.

I was already going to load up on Topuria at dog odds, but now I'm just praying for the dog odds.

10 days notice man. lets judge him if he has a full fight camp.

I like Volk as much as the next guy, and I think he beats Topuria early next year. But thinking he could come off the couch (and surgery) to beat the champion in a higher weigh class was the height of arrogance. He should have just fought Topuria as planned, then move up and fight Islam with a full camp. Instead, he got concussed in front of the world, has a big cut over his eye, and will never get another chance at double-champ status. Such a foolish decision.

Volkanovski is my favorite fighter, looking forward to seeing how he recovers from this. I don’t think he's broken, he's said many times that he's hard on himself; also mentioned during the post-fight press conference that he had regrets about not training hard enough lately. I think he feels like he fucked up a great opportunity. Very excited to see him fight Topuria, I think he's going to bring it and make it a great fight

Age caught up with him.

My prediction:

Thoughts?

meanwhile OP in the gym be like

Skill and reflexes are not the same thing.

Volk for sure is skilled.
Volk for sure is a bad ass.

But Volk's timing is going to get worse (over time).
Being a short guy, losing your timing, with no real KO power does not = longevity going forward.

IMO
I did not think his timing was going away during the fight but maybe I missed seeing that?
I questioned the way he backed up after the near head kicks early on?
He looked unprepared vs the first fight imo, I figured it was his short notice fight.
Maybe I am giving excuses? to him slowing down?
I will watch his next fights closer to see if age is catching up.

Is this for real?. goes up a weight class, 10 days notice, against the champ of that weight class = done?
sherdog logic is insane

I did not think his timing was going away during the fight but maybe I missed seeing that?
I questioned the way he backed up after the near head kicks early on?
He looked unprepared vs the first fight imo, I figured it was his short notice fight.
Maybe I am giving excuses? to him slowing down?
I will watch his next fights closer to see if age is catching up.

My first thought, before the first fight, was Islam look weak (like the weight cut hurt him).

My first thought, for this fight, was Islam looked strong and ripped as fuck (like he was perfectly on point).

I think Islam is simply out of Volkanovski's league, which he should be, being the bigger fighter.

Back