Volkan says Johnny Walker’s methodical rise at 205 is 'a Coward’s Move’

To be fair he’s gonna lose regardless of what happens between now and when he reaches Jones. It’s like facing off the final boss in a game programmed by a sadist
every champion loses in the end

Being smart isn't cowardly.

Man, I hate when prospects get overly rushed in weak divisions. Let Walker mature; he's good. Why wreck his confidence?
no need to rush him, he's just 3 fights into his UFC career at 26 y old, and who's talking about sitting out, the guy is fighting every freaking month

Wtf? He rose in a similar (but worse) way?
Got lucky against OSP then KTFO 2 glass chinned dudes then got rekt by DC in a TS that he definitely didnt deserved...
At least Walker got 3 KOS in a row.

Volkan and Ngannou fought remarkably similar that night, both came out like beasts, looked really dangerous and did some damage (Volkan was even shucking off Cormier really well for a while), but blew their wad quick and got overwhelmed.

If you are willing to go out there and prove you are the best, you don’t want to take time off and be all about security. I think that’s a coward’s move.
Walker just fought three times in less than four months, but OK, he’s a coward who’s taking a slow and overly cautious approach.
<YeahOKJen>

Man, I hate when prospects get overly rushed in weak divisions. Let Walker mature; he's good. Why wreck his confidence?

I agree but the division is such a wasteland now that they need someone for Jones to fight after Reyes if he wins this fight. I mean I guess Jones can fight either guy since No Time fought DC not Jones but Walker is exciting and has star quality so he'll get rushed to the shot.

Johnny Walker would crush Volkan in the no time. He's the weakest top 10 guy on the planet and easiest way to jump the rankings.

Cowardly?
I seriously doubt anything about Walker is cowardly.
Perhaps Oezdemir sees Johnnie Walker already as a money fight and is laying the seeds down early.

He didn't get outboxed by Cormier. He was beating DC on the feet. That's why it went to the ground
It was the pace he was setting that made thr difference but he couldnt keep it. Thatz when dc took over

Floyd is in boxing, in UFC the best fight the best
And that’s why Jon is undefeated and every other wannabe GOAT has multiple losses at the same point in their career

Thanks for playing <RomeroSalute>

46797217_2190797384501866_450732221678170150_n.jpg

Volkan Oezdemir understands why Johnny Walker wants to take his time moving up the light-heavyweight division, but he finds the whole thing a tad cowardly.

Oezdemir, 29, found himself competing for the UFC light-heavyweight championship in just his fourth UFC fight. Although things did not go his way, he would not have had it any other way. Speaking on Walker’s plans for a slow rise up the 205 ranks, Oedezmir told Bloody Elbow he was not impressed by the Brazilian’s methods.

“I understand that it’s smart, but for me it’s all about risk and reward,” he said. “If you are willing to go out there and prove you are the best, you don’t want to take time off and be all about security. I think that’s a coward’s move. If you really want to prove you’re the best you should just f—king do it.”

“I think right now, one of the good advantages I have is the experience. All of my fights in the UFC have been against top competitors,” he said of his upcoming bout. “I’ve been fighting high-profile guys back-to-back. His striking his good, but it’s sloppy. He stands too tall and he is easily hittable.”

After conquering Reyes, Oezdemir hopes to fight Alexander Gustafsson. “I still want to fight Gustafsson,” he insisted. “That is a fight I have wanted for a long time. It almost happened and then I broke my nose for a second time. That was a bummer... Gustafsson is definitely someone I have in mind.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...5-dominic-reyes-alexander-gustafsson-mma-news

I feel Volkan is pretty biased on this topic.

God Sherdog is terrible. This guy goes from a nobody to fighting for the title in 4 fights and everybody loves him. Then gets crushed by DC (everyone has except bones) and all of a sudden hes a can or was never that good.

Just pick a side a stick to it sherdog, stop flip flopping. I like "no time" and his gimmick was original. While I dont want Reyes to lose, I like no time too.

And that’s why Jon is undefeated and every other wannabe GOAT has multiple losses at the same point in their career

Thanks for playing <RomeroSalute>
like i said...every champ loses in the end..in MMA

Back