Volkan says Johnny Walker’s methodical rise at 205 is 'a Coward’s Move’

I think it's the smart choice. Forcing prospects to fight the elite and get their shit pushed in don't seem to be working out too well . Let them be ready when the opportunity knocks

Yes everybody who isnt a science experiment
Cormier is refusing to fight top heavyweights for a reason

He beat Stipe, impressive, good for him. There's a reason he's not rematching him and not even entertaining defending against anyone else for that matter

He beat Stipe, impressive, good for him. There's a reason he's not rematching him and not even entertaining defending against anyone else for that matter
Which current HWs would you favor over DC?

Some guys will take on anyone, any time, anywhere. Matt Brown and Cowboy are two of them.

Others are very methodical about their career. Michael Bisping is the best example. Every time he lost a top 10 fight (and he lost 6 all of them for the first 10 years of his 12 year UFC career) he went back and fought several top 20 characters before trying again. Shit, he even did so again AFTER WINNING the belt FFS.

Sherdoggers like to applaud the Cowboys & Browns of the world, and hey, it works for them. But it also keeps them out of title shots and big money. And then sherdoggers tend to criticize that type of fighter for not being smart with their career. Go figure.

Both approaches have their pluses and minuses. Anyone who judges someone else's approach is either intellectually weak or lazy. Or trying to get a headline. I think Volcan is just trying to get a headline.

Last edited:
Man, I hate when prospects get overly rushed in weak divisions. Let Walker mature; he's good. Why wreck his confidence?
Exactly.

Volkan is just clearly jealous. He realizes that being pushed into the spotlight too soon can destroy a fighter (i.e. he is destroyed). He definitely wishes he took 2-3 more fights in the top 10 or 15 before he rushed into the top 5.

LMAO.

Volkan fluked his way into a titleshot. Fuck off. You lost to Anthony Fucking Smith.

Oh yeah your the salty stipe megafan who wouldnt do full kit bet on your boy! HahH
Who are these mysterious top hw he avokds? Nevermind that the champ does what he wants hes earned it

What is he talking about? I swear Walker and his manager were trying to set up a fight with Alexander Gustafsson next and Dana White was the one who was like "Slow down bro"

Which current HWs would you favor over DC?
Favor? Hard to say. I would personally have money on stipe in a rematch, especially because he'd be a dog. Any of the top guys are not simple match ups. Francis is tough, junior is tough, I even think Curtis could cause him issues.

I'd like to see him fight Overeem for that matter. Fuckin anybody worthy for a title shot. Anybody except Derrick Lewis and brock lesnar smh

walker stepped up to fight misha, a top guy who could have been a bad style matchup for him on the ground, end of story.

Nevermind that the champ does what he wants hes earned it
Why? By winning one title and winning a free defense? Never won a title at LHW. Never beat any great HWs behind Stipe.

Pound for pound most overrated resume of all time.

Yeah GJ taking the risk and getting knocked the fuck out I hear that's a great way to boost your career.

Johnny Walkgoat would kill him, resurrect him and then kill him again in less than a minute, he should stfu.

They’ve pretty much followed a similar, rushed-along trajectory.

I mean they literally fought and destroyed the same guy recently in Cirkunov.

Only difference was Bones was still out of the picture when Oezdemir got his title shot. Guaranteed if Bones was still sidelined, Walker and or Reyes would have fought Cormier for the belt right now too.

Remember when this guy was a hypetrain and all u guys were riding hard like you are now with Johnny Walker

Johnny Walkgoat would kill him, resurrect him and then kill him again in less than a minute, he should stfu.
This is no time youre talking about. Your av was probably Volk before he lost to DC

Wasn't Walker calling out Gus a week ago? What the hell is this dude talking about? So far he's had a similar UFC trajectory to Volkan himself.

Volkan lost to Anthony Smith. Anything he says is to be disregarded. Also, they call him No Time because he gasses in 90 seconds or less.

Didn't Volkan do the exact same thing as Walker?

Back