Volkan says Johnny Walker’s methodical rise at 205 is 'a Coward’s Move’

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
46797217_2190797384501866_450732221678170150_n.jpg

Volkan Oezdemir understands why Johnny Walker wants to take his time moving up the light-heavyweight division, but he finds the whole thing a tad cowardly.

Oezdemir, 29, found himself competing for the UFC light-heavyweight championship in just his fourth UFC fight. Although things did not go his way, he would not have had it any other way. Speaking on Walker’s plans for a slow rise up the 205 ranks, Oedezmir told Bloody Elbow he was not impressed by the Brazilian’s methods.

“I understand that it’s smart, but for me it’s all about risk and reward,” he said. “If you are willing to go out there and prove you are the best, you don’t want to take time off and be all about security. I think that’s a coward’s move. If you really want to prove you’re the best you should just f—king do it.”

“I think right now, one of the good advantages I have is the experience. All of my fights in the UFC have been against top competitors,” he said of his upcoming bout. “I’ve been fighting high-profile guys back-to-back. His striking his good, but it’s sloppy. He stands too tall and he is easily hittable.”

After conquering Reyes, Oezdemir hopes to fight Alexander Gustafsson. “I still want to fight Gustafsson,” he insisted. “That is a fight I have wanted for a long time. It almost happened and then I broke my nose for a second time. That was a bummer... Gustafsson is definitely someone I have in mind.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...5-dominic-reyes-alexander-gustafsson-mma-news

Got outboxed and crucifixed by cormier in 'no time'

Think Johnny should do what's best for him, Volk

Man, I hate when prospects get overly rushed in weak divisions. Let Walker mature; he's good. Why wreck his confidence?

It's not a cowards move, thats just dumb.

If he feels like hes not ready and needs more time, than its smart.

Volkan you took the shot, got handled, and now you probably won't ever get another chance because you didn't put up a fight.

46797217_2190797384501866_450732221678170150_n.jpg

Volkan Oezdemir understands why Johnny Walker wants to take his time moving up the light-heavyweight division, but he finds the whole thing a tad cowardly.

Oezdemir, 29, found himself competing for the UFC light-heavyweight championship in just his fourth UFC fight. Although things did not go his way, he would not have had it any other way. Speaking on Walker’s plans for a slow rise up the 205 ranks, Oedezmir told Bloody Elbow he was not impressed by the Brazilian’s methods.

“I understand that it’s smart, but for me it’s all about risk and reward,” he said. “If you are willing to go out there and prove you are the best, you don’t want to take time off and be all about security. I think that’s a coward’s move. If you really want to prove you’re the best you should just f—king do it.”

“I think right now, one of the good advantages I have is the experience. All of my fights in the UFC have been against top competitors,” he said of his upcoming bout. “I’ve been fighting high-profile guys back-to-back. His striking his good, but it’s sloppy. He stands too tall and he is easily hittable.”

After conquering Reyes, Oezdemir hopes to fight Alexander Gustafsson. “I still want to fight Gustafsson,” he insisted. “That is a fight I have wanted for a long time. It almost happened and then I broke my nose for a second time. That was a bummer... Gustafsson is definitely someone I have in mind.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/...5-dominic-reyes-alexander-gustafsson-mma-news
Volkan talks shit about his competitors, no shame in that, doing his job. don't think he's talking any sense though

Instead of fighting to prove he is the best he should sit out and wait?

i honestly have no clue what no time is trying to say

<{1-10}>

Lol volkan talking as much shit as possible to stay relevant after his 3rd straight finish loss by this weekend

Looking ahead to fighting Gustaffson is a bad sign for Volkan. He is facing an absolute killer tomorrow who, compared to the last guy that beat him, is taller, longer, bigger, hits harder, has more dangerous striking overall, better technique, and is much, much harder to hit himself.

Not his fault no one is willing to fight him.
Honestly, Volkan is trying to set up future fight vs Walker because he will be lower in the rankings when he loses to Reyes this Saturday.

Walker would knock him out with a flying worm

He didn't get outboxed by Cormier. He was beating DC on the feet. That's why it went to the ground

Man, I hate when prospects get overly rushed in weak divisions. Let Walker mature; he's good. Why wreck his confidence?
To be fair he’s gonna lose regardless of what happens between now and when he reaches Jones. It’s like facing off the final boss in a game programmed by a sadist

Getting cruxed / "outbixed" by dc is so not a burn. He do that to anybody

Taking the time to train and get experience to be the best you can be is a better career move than taking a fight, crossing your fingers and hoping you are the best. The reason he is riding two losses by finish seems clear.

Reyes vs Walker, winner of the fights earns a loss to Jon Jones

{<redford}

Volkan is mad he got his shit packed in and packed up. This is not an anime where the hero gets brutally put down only to return stronger.

Volkan is mad he got his shit packed in and packed up. This is not an anime where the hero gets brutally put down only to return stronger.
Ofc he mad what u think hes happy about it?

Back