Vitor was NOT on TRT when he fought Anderson Silva

Believe the NSAC director then.

That's a while ago. Tests are not completely reliable, and there are ways to evade them. As far as PEDs go, the probability that a lot of fighters have used it is quite high.

Maybe it does change the idea that he fought under TRT, but it means nothing otherwise, i.e. regarding other possible PEDs.

Unfortunately all of this is reliant upon Vitor being completely honest about when he started his TRT.

The problem is that when he first mentioned that he was undergoing the therapy Vitor's own timeline seemed to coincide with the Silva fight. The fact that Vitor was using testosterone didn't come out until he did an interview about it afterwards. By then he was fighting in Brazil and as far as anyone knows didn't have to apply for any type of exemption while fighting there.

Truthfully no one knows for sure just when Vitor started except for him and his doctor.

None of this really matters though. Vitor got wrecked by Anderson and much later on got nailed for overdoing it with the TRT. In fact I think that Vitor might have been the case that finally made the ACCs realize that TRT was being abused by the fighters. In that respect I personally thank Vitor for helping to put that shit to rest.

NSAC director and post fight drug test results confirmed that as well.

That's a while ago. Tests are not completely reliable, and there are ways to evade them. As far as PEDs go, the probability that a lot of fighters have used it is quite high.

Maybe it does change the idea that he fought under TRT, but it means nothing otherwise, i.e. regarding other possible PEDs.

That's true.

I'm not saying he was clean, but he did fight and look different while on TRT, which he wasn't taking during his fight with Anderson.

TS is very dedicated to hating Anderson

I think Fedor is better all-time too, but damn son

This is very true.

I used to believe Claude was a Fedor fan, but he spends 5x as much time shitting on Anderson as he does praising Fedor.

NSAC director and post fight drug test results confirmed that as well.

Confirmed what? That he passed a piss test?

You do know that it takes more than a simple piss test to know if a fighter was using synthetic testosterone or not right?

Vi_Torso_Face.jpg

trying to downplay the win, cool.

missed your bitter as fuck crybaby silva hate threads you little girl.

I see some people are still claiming Anderson Silva fought TRT Vitor so let's refute that to avoid further ignorance.

Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, stated that Vitor Belfort did not use TRT in his fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 126. He also showed Vitor's pre-fight medical questionnaire, in which he indicates he wasn't on any medication.

trt1.jpg

http://nagradedomma.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2013/05/24/cabmma-explica-processo-de-liberacao-de-uso-de-trt-de-belfort-no-brasil/

Post fight drug tests came back clean, confirming Vitor wasn't on TRT:

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/14/1993167/ufc-126-drug-test-results-come-back-clean-for-silva-vs-belfort-on-feb

Vitor himself says he started taking TRT after the fight with Anderson:

Q: When did you start with the (TRT) treatment exactly?
Vitor: It was after the fight with Anderson (february 2011)

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/belfort-espera-de-spider-x-weidman-tentaram-tudo-para-me-tirar-e-liquidei.HTML

The ONLY source that claims Vitor was on TRT during his fight with Anderson is an article in which the writer assumes that Vitor was using it because he said in an interview that he had been taking it for “3 years” and since Vitor’s fight with Silva happened almost 3 years before that interview, the writer simply assumed he was already on TRT.

Here’s the misleading article:

However, Belfort revealed in an interview to UOL that he was already on the testosterone replacement therapy when he fought Silva, back in 2011.

"Ive (been doing this) for three years," Belfort said. "I did some exams and they saw I had low testosterone levels. The doctor said “Vitor, we need to do something. I don’t know if you agree with this, but it’;s important that you do it.”; And it was done.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/...ould-accept-to-stop-trt-for-shot-at-the-title

Note that there’s no direct quote from Vitor saying he was on TRT, it was just the writer assuming that. As shown above, Vitor himself has clarified he was not on TRT at the time and so has the NSAC director. Most Anderson Silva fans who claim Vitor was on TRT will post this article, either by ignorance or dishonesty.

Picture comparison of TRT Vitor with pre TRT Vitor:

hqdefault.jpg

05_belforttrt_original.jpg

972e4f5a07556058a56bf6f087846bd5_original.jpg

Bottom line:

As proven by several reliable sources Vitor was not on TRT when he fought Anderson Silva. Fanboys might claim Vitor was still on roids but the same can be said about Anderson, who is also a proven steroid user. Not only Vitor was not on TRT, but he was also coming off a shoulder surgery and a long layoff.

Anderson might have fought one of the worst versions of Vitor, pre TRT.
I like Vitor, but TRT or not I'd pick prime spider over ANY MW.

He was on whatever he wanted since USADA wasn't testing then.

Yep. Vitor has been on all kinds of stuff since he made his debut in 1997. In fact, his first opponent (John "SAFTA" Hess) accused him of roiding, and I'm sure he was right.

Vitor was busted with elevated levels of testosterone in 2006. He's been on something since the very beginning of his career, and just recently got off whatever it is, and you're ignorant as all hell if you don't believe that.

Who cares? Vitor got destroyed as most of us predicted.

He may have been on TRT, he may not have been. All this shows us is that he passed his fight night tests, and didn't apply for a TUE. Personally, I always choose the path of innocent until proven guilty. He passed what he needed to, so all good as far as I am concerned. If you start going down what ifs and could ofs then you'll never be satisfied.

I've got no idea why this might matter. If Vitor had won, it could be an important factor. But since he lost its basically irrelevant. Its like a football team that goes off side; if the other team scores a touchdown on the play they're not going to care about the off side, and will decline the penalty.

Back