Vitor was NOT on TRT when he fought Anderson Silva

Claude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I see some people are still claiming Anderson Silva fought TRT Vitor so let's refute that to avoid further ignorance.

Note: The purpose of this thread is not to prove Vitor was clean, but to refute the claim that Anderson Silva defeated "TRT Vitor".

Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, stated that Vitor Belfort did not use TRT in his fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 126. He also showed Vitor's pre-fight medical questionnaire, in which he indicates he wasn't on any medication.

trt1.jpg

http://nagradedomma.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2013/05/24/cabmma-explica-processo-de-liberacao-de-uso-de-trt-de-belfort-no-brasil/

Post fight drug tests came back clean, confirming Vitor wasn't on TRT:

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/14/1993167/ufc-126-drug-test-results-come-back-clean-for-silva-vs-belfort-on-feb

Vitor himself says he started taking TRT after the fight with Anderson:

Q: When did you start with the (TRT) treatment exactly?
Vitor: It was after the fight with Anderson (february 2011)

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/belfort-espera-de-spider-x-weidman-tentaram-tudo-para-me-tirar-e-liquidei.HTML

The ONLY source that claims Vitor was on TRT during his fight with Anderson is an article in which the writer assumes that Vitor was using it because he said in an interview that he had been taking it for “3 years” and since Vitor’s fight with Silva happened almost 3 years before that interview, the writer simply assumed he was already on TRT.

Here’s the misleading article:

However, Belfort revealed in an interview to UOL that he was already on the testosterone replacement therapy when he fought Silva, back in 2011.

"Ive (been doing this) for three years," Belfort said. "I did some exams and they saw I had low testosterone levels. The doctor said “Vitor, we need to do something. I don’t know if you agree with this, but it’;s important that you do it.”; And it was done.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/...ould-accept-to-stop-trt-for-shot-at-the-title

Note that there’s no direct quote from Vitor saying he was on TRT, it was just the writer assuming that. As shown above, Vitor himself has clarified he was not on TRT at the time and so has the NSAC director. Most Anderson Silva fans who claim Vitor was on TRT will post this article, either by ignorance or dishonesty.

Picture comparison of TRT Vitor with pre TRT Vitor:

hqdefault.jpg

05_belforttrt_original.jpg

972e4f5a07556058a56bf6f087846bd5_original.jpg

Bottom line:

As proven by several reliable sources Vitor was not on TRT when he fought Anderson Silva. Fanboys might claim Vitor was still on roids but the same can be said about Anderson, who is also a proven steroid user. Not only Vitor was not on TRT, but he was also coming off 16 months of inactivity and a shoulder surgery, which means he was rusty and his momentum was gone.

Anderson might have fought one of the worst versions of Vitor, pre TRT.

Last edited:
TRT hasn't been the same since Vitor quit it...

TS is very dedicated to hating Anderson

I think Fedor is better all-time too, but damn son

He was on whatever he wanted since USADA wasn't testing then.

So you hate Anderson like concrete whale hates Ronda.

To this day i haven't seen anyone dodge Vitor's punches the way Anderson did.

I don't care how TRTless he was. Vitor's hands were something else. Fuck, he's still fast with his punches

Of course he wasn't...A. Silva would have been the one getting his face kicked in had he faced TRT Vitor...

I don't think many people ever claimed Vitor was on TRT when he fought ANderson. Did this really need an entire thread? The fight was 6 years ago.

TRT Vitor would have still eaten that front kick

<{Joewithit}>

Awesome, we can change the result of the fight now. I'll call the NSAC....

Fanboys might claim Vitor was still on roids but the same can be said about Anderson, who is also a proven steroid user.

Anderson was caught once, at the end of his career and after a devastating injury. Vitor was controversial starting from his first pro fight and for most of his career.

Wow. You sure put in a lot of effort to clarify something about a fight that happened years ago.

Good job. You were just in time for the fight...except it was 6 years ago.

I still think TRT Vitor would have lost to Weidman, Souza and Mousasi. He probably would have lost to Rockhold in a rematch as well, it was Rockhold's ufc debut and he choked.

I don't think many people ever claimed Vitor was on TRT when he fought ANderson. Did this really need an entire thread? The fight was 6 years ago.

There's still people saying he was on TRT. So yes.

Anderson was caught once, at the end of his career and after a devastating injury. Vitor was controversial starting from his first pro fight and for most of his career.

Don't defend cheaters.

Wow. You sure put in a lot of effort to clarify something about a fight that happened years ago.

Good job. You were just in time for the fight...except it was 6 years ago.

I had already made this post a long time ago.

He also showed Vitor's pre-fight medical questionnaire, in which he indicates he wasn't on any medication.

Means nothing. Jones didnt put clomiphine on his pre-fight questionaiire, neither did Brock. Cyborg didnt list spiralactone on her questionairre. Adam Hunter didnt put things on his either, Tibau didnt put EPO on his...

athletes dont write things on their questionairres...

he also put on the form hes never had an injury requiring stitches, and that he hadnt taken anything over the counter....

thats not true either.

I see some people are still claiming Anderson Silva fought TRT Vitor so let's refute that to avoid further ignorance.

Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, stated that Vitor Belfort did not use TRT in his fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 126. He also showed Vitor's pre-fight medical questionnaire, in which he indicates he wasn't on any medication.

trt1.jpg

http://nagradedomma.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2013/05/24/cabmma-explica-processo-de-liberacao-de-uso-de-trt-de-belfort-no-brasil/

Post fight drug tests came back clean, confirming Vitor wasn't on TRT:

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/14/1993167/ufc-126-drug-test-results-come-back-clean-for-silva-vs-belfort-on-feb

Vitor himself says he started taking TRT after the fight with Anderson:

Q: When did you start with the (TRT) treatment exactly?
Vitor: It was after the fight with Anderson (february 2011)

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/belfort-espera-de-spider-x-weidman-tentaram-tudo-para-me-tirar-e-liquidei.HTML

The ONLY source that claims Vitor was on TRT during his fight with Anderson is an article in which the writer assumes that Vitor was using it because he said in an interview that he had been taking it for “3 years” and since Vitor’s fight with Silva happened almost 3 years before that interview, the writer simply assumed he was already on TRT.

Here’s the misleading article:

However, Belfort revealed in an interview to UOL that he was already on the testosterone replacement therapy when he fought Silva, back in 2011.

"Ive (been doing this) for three years," Belfort said. "I did some exams and they saw I had low testosterone levels. The doctor said “Vitor, we need to do something. I don’t know if you agree with this, but it’;s important that you do it.”; And it was done.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/...ould-accept-to-stop-trt-for-shot-at-the-title

Note that there’s no direct quote from Vitor saying he was on TRT, it was just the writer assuming that. As shown above, Vitor himself has clarified he was not on TRT at the time and so has the NSAC director. Most Anderson Silva fans who claim Vitor was on TRT will post this article, either by ignorance or dishonesty.

Picture comparison of TRT Vitor with pre TRT Vitor:

hqdefault.jpg

05_belforttrt_original.jpg

972e4f5a07556058a56bf6f087846bd5_original.jpg

Bottom line:

As proven by several reliable sources Vitor was not on TRT when he fought Anderson Silva. Fanboys might claim Vitor was still on roids but the same can be said about Anderson, who is also a proven steroid user. Not only Vitor was not on TRT, but he was also coming off a shoulder surgery and a long layoff.

Anderson might have fought one of the worst versions of Vitor, pre TRT.

He wasn't, but who cares?

Vitor was on PEDs almost his entire career and so was Anderson most likely.

Doesn't change the fact that Silva is still one of the all-time greats who KO'd Vitor because he is a superior striker.

Back