• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread, v.1

lol that is a pretty fucking weird thing to do if it’s true. It probably is true too because it’s generally believed that he was made Samurai by Nobunaga, who we know was enamored with him and kept him in his retinue. Further, we do know he was granted a land and stipend like a Samurai. But no text exists today definitively naming him a samurai, which means there is a chance he wasn’t. It’s unlikely that this question will ever be resolved beyond doubt, but it’s like 95% certain he was.

It’s pretty clear in Japanese popular culture today that he is accepted as having been samurai. He appears in a number of shows and games from Japan as a samurai. So I really don’t for see this being a problem in Japan.

Now is it a good choice or not I guess is a matter of opinion. The think it likely is a bit of pandering from Ubisoft who probably is trying to play the dei card to drum up interest in a series that’s been pretty much played out at this point. I don’t think he’s a bad choice, but I do think it is a marketing one and not an artistic one they are making. Personally I don’t care though as I’ve played enough assassins creed for one lifetime.

Well shit.

Gotta admit, he fooled me.

Not sure what he means by 'Way Back Machine' but its not available within the Twitter app itself.
The Way Back Machine is some website I believe that let's you see older version of websites or something like that. Never used it myself but I've seen it referenced in videos of people talking about past topics.

The Way Back Machine is some website I believe that let's you see older version of websites or something like that. Never used it myself but I've seen it referenced in videos of people talking about past topics.

Good to know there's a 3rd party site that keeps track of these things.

You gotta admit, looking at his twitter by itself, it pretty convincing. I've been fooled, but I'm not easily fooled.

@iNoScopedJFK

If I had seen this before I wouldn't have known what he was referring to.

If he was really Japanese, he'd at least post a selfie. At best he should have taken a video of himself showing off his degrees he claims he has in his bio.

And in many of his replies he words and grammar he uses highly implies its his first language.

This shit is just pathetic. Isn’t this the second time in a week someone pretended to be Japanese? First Midori and now this loser? Americans are the equivalent of Russian bots to the Japanese now.

This shit is just pathetic. Isn’t this the second time in a week someone pretended to be Japanese? First Midori and now this loser? Americans are the equivalent of Russian bots to the Japanese now.
Pretty god damned weird that anyone go to such lengths over something so inconsequential

Pretty god damned weird that anyone go to such lengths over something so inconsequential
I'll never understand the right-wing obsession with Japan. They defend it more than the Japanese themselves do. I think they view it as some racially pure utopia or something. Nobody gave a fuck about previous settings like Egypt being this historically accurate.

You guys are kissing the point when it came to the Sweet Baby scandal. The point wasn’t that those people campaigning against them have bad opinions, the point was they tried to get a fans community list censored on Steam.

I’m all for gay rights. I don’t mind gay people in games. I am also 100% against censoring dissenting opinions.
Appreciate it. The original point of the thread stands. The subsequent back and forth has been a little weird, full of whataboutisms and typical left/right nutrition label arguing. I guess that's why the thread was rebranded as a megathread.

I'm generally lumped in with far righters when I point stuff out like the original topic. I don't care if people want to make games with political messages in them. The issue was two different corporate entities, one a gaming journalism site, tried to get the dude banned on all possible platforms. Glad they failed

Last edited:
Appreciate it. The original point of the thread stands. The subsequent back and forth has been a little weird, full of whataboutisms and typical left/right nutrition label arguing. I guess that's why the thread was rebranded as a megathread.

I'm generally lumped in with far righters when I point stuff out like the original topic. I don't care if people want to make games with political messages in them. The issue was two different corporate entities, one a gaming journalism site, tried to get the dude banned on all possible platforms. Glad they failed
Weird then that you seem upset about far right wing grifters being exposed itt.

Definitely a minority but most likely just virtue signaling to his crowd and will secretly purchase a copy and play it like they all do. Everyone will be hyped once they release a trailer.

Definitely a minority but most likely just virtue signaling to his crowd and will secretly purchase a copy and play it like they all do. Everyone will be hyped once they release a trailer.

'Secretly purchase a copy and play it...'

Just like all the Harry Potter fans who hate the author because she 'transphobic' and boycotted the Hogwarts Legacy.... until they secretly purchased a copy & played it....

Just like all the Harry Potter fans who hate the author because she 'transphobic' and boycotted the Hogwarts Legacy.... until they secretly purchased a copy & played it....
I mean they probably did lol. The game sold tens of millions

Why do you believe these grifters anyway? Their livelihood depends upon gullible angry men who don't have much going on in their lives. They will do anything for money. Take Tyrone Magnus for example, he got popular doing reaction videos and when that and his acting career didn't work out he shifted to antiwoke content. Off camera these guys are probably laughing their asses off at you types that follow all these outrage channels. So yeah.... I think they are 100% playing it. Of course they'll say something like " I played it so you don't have to" while they pretend they didn't have a good time with it.

265034.jpg

Back