• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread, v.1

Outside of select megathreads,

This entire conversation with you makes no sense. A poster who plays a sycophant fan of yours makes a racist and homophobic post. I slow walk the response by eliminating game design. They admit it not being a gaming but political joke. My next response is what makes singling out a in-game black female character and gay developer(?) funny. In a game that has inserted super hero characters, real world athletes/rappers/influencers and movie crossover events over the last four years.

sycophant fan of yours makes a racist and homophobic post.

Holy shit....

'Racist' & 'Homophobic' post.... wow... just wow....

Go ahead, explain how its both 'Racist' & 'Homophobic.'

I slow walk the response by eliminating game design. They admit it not being a gaming but political joke.

You never eliminated game design, or gaming.
It can be a political meme related to gaming and game design.

And don't assume my pronouns.
'They' is not one of them. They are 'He/Awesome.'

My next response is what makes singling out a in-game black female character and gay developer(?) funny. In a game that has inserted super hero characters, real world athletes/rappers/influencers and movie crossover events over the last four years.

No one gives a shit.
No one cares if you're offended.
No one cares for your attempts to police what memes are allowed or disallowed.

OIP.VDzkJOfRR7A272aXVt7FFgHaEk

Ubisoft - "I'm the worst publisher in the entire industry!"

Activision - "Hold my beer."

Outside of select megathreads, your posts are almost exclusively contrarian one-upmanship and ‘ahktually’ replies. Consider external communities like testyourmight.com and resetera.com for better reception. Little here seems to your satisfaction.
To not be rude and talk about you @KaNesDeath like you're not in the proverbial room, Valhoven said it better than I would have.

Are you trolling something?

Are you trolling something?

@GearSolidMetal has been progressively going across this entire forum injecting anti-lefty rhetoric into every discussion over these past few months. Up until now its been kinda funny. For even in the most mundane topic his posts comically inserted some random anti DEI/SJW and or us versus them rant by him, lol. Who has now plataued into straight up bigotry under the falsified disguise of 'its just a joke bro'. *If you want further context browse the twitter post history of the twitter users he keeps posting here. Its obvious he's stuck in a social media bubble geared towards indoctrinating someone into white nationalism.

Pertaining to @Valhoven ive relayed my thoughts to him here and in PM's last month.

@GearSolidMetal has been progressively going across this entire forum injecting anti-lefty rhetoric into every discussion over these past few months.

Only when 'Wokeness in videogames' has been a subject within the threads related to the games, like AC Shadows.

I wasn't a huge fan of it, so I bumped this thread from the 2nd page, rather than post that meme in the meme page, which I'd rather keep non-political.

Months ago I asked for a Warroom-Thread in the Arcade to mostly keep political discussion rather than it spreading across the entire Arcade. This thread is the best we're gonna get.

For even in the most mundane topic his posts comically inserted some random anti DEI/SJW and or us versus them rant by him, lol. Who has now plataued into straight up bigotry under the falsified disguise of 'its just a joke bro'.

LInk to me a single post I've ever made that I got on the defensive and said 'Its just a joke bro' or anything if that ilk.

You asked me if that meme was political, and I answered it with a 'Obviously.' And you still haven't explained how that was a 'gotchya' in your book.

*If you want further context browse the twitter post history of the twitter users he keeps posting here. Its obvious he's stuck in a social media bubble geared towards indoctrinating someone into white nationalism.

I barely follow anyone on Twitter.
I look at what's trending, and if I see a post I agree with I link it here. I don't copy + paste other opinions as if they were my own.

'White Nationalism' huh? One of the few game-related creators I follow is Eric July, AKA YoungRippa59, who is extremely anti-DEI and considers it racist pandering.

And an old Twitch streamer I watched and is now a culture commentator is Gothix.

I'm sure your automatic response to this will be "They're black faces of white supremacy... to steal a smear of Larry Elder when he ran for California Governor against Newsom.

Pertaining to @Valhoven ive relayed my thoughts to him here and in PM's last month.

Any by all means, send PMs to whomever you like. I regularly chat with Madmick.

Just know that putting me on 'Ignore' has, and always will, be an option to you.

This whole 'I'm smarter than you' game you've been attempting to play hasn't been working out in your favor.

Nice to see our resident canadian white christian nationalist believes this is a safe space to chirp in.

Who has now plataued into straight up bigotry

*Accuses others of bigotry.

*Attempts to discredit a poster's opinion by announcing his - Color Of His Skin, Sex, National Origin, and Religion.

Go ahead, @KaNesDeath, explain how that isn't bigotry in four different ways.

R.589f15c0c0d8e664dc9cbf6993552d8f

This post is bullshit. He's whatever the fuck you want him to be. Don't like cock? Congratulations now he's a straight man. Disappointed you'd even post this because I know you played games like Cyberpunk where the choices are up to you. Assassin's Creed has been like this for the past six years. Most RPGs that come out these days allow you to romance either sex.

@GearSolidMetal has been progressively going across this entire forum injecting anti-lefty rhetoric into every discussion over these past few months. Up until now its been kinda funny. For even in the most mundane topic his posts comically inserted some random anti DEI/SJW and or us versus them rant by him, lol. Who has now plataued into straight up bigotry under the falsified disguise of 'its just a joke bro'. *If you want further context browse the twitter post history of the twitter users he keeps posting here. Its obvious he's stuck in a social media bubble geared towards indoctrinating someone into white nationalism.

I wasn't referring to your spat with Gear, I really don't like those kinds of exchanges here and tend to ignore/try to avoid. I just meant in general.

This post is bullshit. He's whatever the fuck you want him to be. Don't like cock? Congratulations now he's a straight man. Disappointed you'd even post this because I know you played games like Cyberpunk where the choices are up to you. Assassin's Creed has been like this for the past six years. Most RPGs that come out these days allow you to romance either sex.
I think going with Yasuke as one of the main protagonists is being done with poor intentions, but having the option for gay romances isn't out of the norm for them. I don't recall it other AC games, but you could do that in Odyssey.

I'm not overly a fan of romances in games where can't create your own character, but if you're going to do it, having the option to go whichever way you want is the way to go. Let players play how they want. The headlines rage baiters using against it makes me laugh though. Yeah, I'm immature :D

It's just a meme on how the most homophobic group out there would respond to being "represented" in such a way. Cheap shot for sure, but I doubt it was an overall comment on having gay romantic choices in games.

That quote is insane. This is why according to poll data Americans often overestimate the amount of people that identify as LGBT. I believe they do so because they’re actually overrepresented at this point. Real statistics show trans people make up just 1 percent or slightly less and gay/ lesbian about 5 percent. If the gaming industry wanted to reflect real life representation there should actually be a push to include less in my opinion. Hard disagree with the gaming crash though, still so many studios that don’t think this way. Most from east Asia don’t do any of this stuff and I find them the most fun anyway

Astarion being gay or bi or whatever is an example of an lgbt character done right. He was a super interesting character and it was crafted as part of his identity. He was mega popular with the fan base. It’s proof that most gamers are fine with LGBT characters. They just have to be done well.

Where a lot of these companies fail is they make a lame character or just “gay swap” an existing one, and just tac the lgbt part on. It’s weak ass pandering and no one likes to see that.

Astarion being gay or bi or whatever is an example of an lgbt character done right. He was a super interesting character and it was crafted as part of his identity. He was mega popular with the fan base. It’s proof that most gamers are fine with LGBT characters. They just have to be done well.

Where a lot of these companies fail is they make a lame character or just “gay swap” an existing one, and just tac the lgbt part on. It’s weak ass pandering and no one likes to see that.

I think that a lot of the problem is that gay characters seem to be there to be gay.

I don't know what you guys and the rest of the modern world thinks, but positive representation doesn't just come from gayness.

Freddy Murcury was gay, but he attracted because he was a fantastic frontman and singer.

Graham Norton is gay, but he's been hilarious since the early 90s.

Ian McKellen? Great actor.

Stephen Fry? Does all sorts of stuff, but has been a staple of comedy for a very long time. Also incredibly intelligent.

I don't have an issue with homosexuality in video games, just don't make it dominate, and make the characters layered and likeable.

I don't have an issue with homosexuality in video games, just don't make it dominate, and make the characters layered and likeable.
The problem with that today, is that they're hiring writers who only care about being activists. They have no creativity or nuance. You see this in movies today too. Most would agree that Hollywood in general has pushed progressive politics fairly consistently throughout the years. There's such a huge difference in how they did it in the past, compared to the obnoxious lecturing style of today. Just look at the original Star Trek, which was extremely progressive in it's themes, compared to the new Star Trek, which is just a lazy, mean spirited woke lecture.

Back