Virgil Van Dijk, Long lost brother of Germaine de Randmire?

Obviously he didn't have the ball, don't be ridiculous. I'm not running I don't want to be part of this debate because it will solve nothing. You are clearly biased an unwilling to objectively look at anything.

Yeah Mbappe, who I don't even know for the record, is running faster than anyone in the NFL while dribbling the ball lmao. Okay. No fucking chance.

And again when you go by those speeds, it's easier to reach max speed on the pitch with no resistance, a free release, and longer path. NFL players rarely every, pretty much never, are just running as fast as they can without resistance in a straight line for 40-50 yards in a row on the field. It never happens basically, or they never have reason to go maximum speed the entire time.

https://sports.yahoo.com/football-s...lts-world-record-average-speed-080715019.html

"Mbappe reached a top speed of 38km/h as he played a ball out wide and sprinted 50m to flick the ball home upon the return pass.

His sprint speed smashed that of Germany and Manchester City forward Leroy Sane who had the best figures in the Premier League last season of 35.5km/h.

Incredibly, it also topped Bolt's average speed when he registered 37.58km/h when the Jamaican broke the 100m World Record in the 2009 Berlin World Championships."

And you've been proven wrong. He did not have the ball / was not dribbling the ball while this happened. Also this does not count acceleration at all. Otherwise why doesn't Mbappe go run in the olympics considering he beat Bolt right? Well because the start is irrelevant. This is simply maximal speed. Which is very impressive nonetheless, but again it's one myopic facet. (and again WIND is a huge factor here, he probably had the wind at his back to a significant degree, hence beating Bolt)
NFL player never run without resistance ? And I am the one bias ?

btw good job at ducking all my former comments and cherry picking only this one ...

NFL player never run without resistance ? And I am the one bias ?

btw good job at ducking all my former comments and cherry picking only this one ...

What do you mean bro? See this is why I don't want to discuss it because you're clearly biased and unwilling to look at anything objectively.

You said the guy was dribbling the ball. Mbappe. He clearly wasn't, the article details how he ran to get to the ball as it already had been crossed / passed in some form. I mean the idea of him running faster than Usain Bolt while dribbling the ball is ludicrous.

Still he did run 38 km/hr which is faster than Bolt on the pitch, and does make him a top tier athlete in that sense.

What other comments do you mean? Rugby? Yeah there's zero fucking chance that Rugby has better athletes than the NFL, it's not even worth talking about. I can't even remember if I responded or not, but Nate Ebner is (was) a special teamer for the Patriots, he's not even good enough to play defense (one side of the ball) on any NFL team in the league. He was an olympic rugby player.

Rugby has some tough guys and some good athletes, but it's not the same level as the NFL/NBA, it's not even comparable. I'm not sure what your other points are but I've already said all I can. Based on jumping/sprinting/change of direction-agility, strength, size. It's very clear that the NFL/NBA have the best athletes in the world, to me at least.

That doesn't mean there aren't top tier athletes playing soccer, or baseball, or even in Boxing/MMA. I think Jon Jones purely athletically is close to top tier. I think he never really worked on his coordination or is bad at certain skills in other sports (basketball), but he's clearly a great athlete, probably elite. His two brothers are an all-pro 1st round pick and another significant starting DL in the NFL who was a mid round pick. It's not a stretch to say that. But does that mean MMA has a pool of amazing athletes? Fuck no, not really. Not compared to NFL/NBA and even soccer.

What do you mean bro? See this is why I don't want to discuss it because you're clearly biased and unwilling to look at anything objectively.

You said the guy was dribbling the ball. Mbappe. He clearly wasn't, the article details how he ran to get to the ball as it already had been crossed / passed in some form. I mean the idea of him running faster than Usain Bolt while dribbling the ball is ludicrous.

Still he did run 38 km/hr which is faster than Bolt on the pitch, and does make him a top tier athlete in that sense.

What other comments do you mean? Rugby? Yeah there's zero fucking chance that Rugby has better athletes than the NFL, it's not even worth talking about. I can't even remember if I responded or not, but Nate Ebner is (was) a special teamer for the Patriots, he's not even good enough to play defense (one side of the ball) on any NFL team in the league. He was an olympic rugby player.

Rugby has some tough guys and some good athletes, but it's not the same level as the NFL/NBA, it's not even comparable. I'm not sure what your other points are but I've already said all I can. Based on jumping/sprinting/change of direction-agility, strength, size. It's very clear that the NFL/NBA have the best athletes in the world, to me at least.

That doesn't mean there aren't top tier athletes playing soccer, or baseball, or even in Boxing/MMA. I think Jon Jones purely athletically is close to top tier. I think he never really worked on his coordination or is bad at certain skills in other sports (basketball), but he's clearly a great athlete, probably elite. His two brothers are an all-pro 1st round pick and another significant starting DL in the NFL who was a mid round pick. It's not a stretch to say that. But does that mean MMA has a pool of amazing athletes? Fuck no, not really. Not compared to NFL/NBA and even soccer.

dont talk about bias, when u clearly compare football talent's pool to NFL, which is again trolling.

I dont read articles, I watch the actual sport :

LOL usman is the fastest man on earth on 100 meters, but mbappe didnt run 100 meters, much less, so yeah people can be faster the usain bolt on less than 100 meters.

I said it before, I say it again, NFL is just a sport that was created so that people watch adds, the athlete doesnt even run that much, they dont even compete that much ( just half the year, in football it is 9 months minimum ). A sport so all the overweight american can watch even more adds about ice creams and pizzas. Why do u think no one in the world really practice it ? because it is a joke, a rugby version with more protection, more adds and time break.

Football is the world most watched sport in the world, with the biggest talent pool, with the most athletic areas required, with the most money involved, etc.

Honestly, I can hear an argument for boxing or MMA being tougher sport than football, but NFL ? pls ...

dont talk about bias, when u clearly compare football talent's pool to NFL, which is again trolling.

I dont read articles, I watch the actual sport :

LOL usman is the fastest man on earth on 100 meters, but mbappe didnt run 100 meters, much less, so yeah people can be faster the usain bolt on less than 100 meters.

I said it before, I say it again, NFL is just a sport that was created so that people watch adds, the athlete doesnt even run that much, they dont even compete that much ( just half the year, in football it is 9 months minimum ). A sport so all the overweight american can watch even more adds about ice creams and pizzas. Why do u think no one in the world really practice it ? because it is a joke, a rugby version with more protection, more adds and time break.

Football is the world most watched sport in the world, with the biggest talent pool, with the most athletic areas required, with the most money involved, etc.

Honestly, I can hear an argument for boxing or MMA being tougher sport than football, but NFL ? pls ...

So you posted a clip of one "play" that isn't even the recorded speed where he was clocked at 38 km/hr. There is no evidence that this was the play, and in fact the details of the play when that speed was recorded are specifically him running to complete a pass, not dribbling with the ball. Yeah the guy is fast, and?

You say Usain Bolt runs 100m, yes he's an olympic sprinter. He's gotten gold in 2008, 2012, and 2016 in the 100m and 200m and some relays as well. If Mbappe was so fucking fast as you believe, then why doesn't he just moonlight as an olympic track and field athlete and possibly get a bronze-silver, or gold medal on the side?

Okay, "he doesn't want to he plays soccer" is your inevitable response. So let's talk about length then. You post this clip. He started running and dribbling the ball at a less than 1/4th length of the pitch to another less than 1/4th length of the pitch, beginning at ~4 seconds.

An international pitch is usually 110-120 yards. So you are talking about Usain Bolt only running 100m, yet Mbappe here is travelling what is most likely 90-100 yards in this clip. Maybe 80-90 yards at the shortest. That's an extremely similar distance. He's already ramped up enough speed to reach maximal speed, and again he definitely didn't run 38 km/hr in this clip while dribbling the ball.

And then hilariously he flops at the end of the clip. Hey gamesmanship, but that's what it is. As soon as he is greeted with the slightest bit of contact by a defender there he flops, as he should because he probably got a PK out of it right? Yeah and in the NFL he would have had a steroided 205-225 lb man go full speed at his knees or head.

So you posted a clip of one "play" that isn't even the recorded speed where he was clocked at 38 km/hr. There is no evidence that this was the play, and in fact the details of the play when that speed was recorded are specifically him running to complete a pass, not dribbling with the ball. Yeah the guy is fast, and?

You say Usain Bolt runs 100m, yes he's an olympic sprinter. He's gotten gold in 2008, 2012, and 2016 in the 100m and 200m and some relays as well. If Mbappe was so fucking fast as you believe, then why doesn't he just moonlight as an olympic track and field athlete and possibly get a bronze-silver, or gold medal on the side?

Okay, "he doesn't want to he plays soccer" is your inevitable response. So let's talk about length then. You post this clip. He started running and dribbling the ball at a less than 1/4th length of the pitch to another less than 1/4th length of the pitch, beginning at ~4 seconds.

An international pitch is usually 110-120 yards. So you are talking about Usain Bolt only running 100m, yet Mbappe here is travelling what is most likely 90-100 yards in this clip. Maybe 80-90 yards at the shortest. That's an extremely similar distance. He's already ramped up enough speed to reach maximal speed, and again he definitely didn't run 38 km/hr in this clip while dribbling the ball.

And then hilariously he flops at the end of the clip. Hey gamesmanship, but that's what it is. As soon as he is greeted with the slightest bit of contact by a defender there he flops, as he should because he probably got a PK out of it right? Yeah and in the NFL he would have had a steroided 205-225 lb man go full speed at his knees or head.
reading ur comment u have LEGIT 0 arguments other than " he flops at the end ", so what ?

lmao u sound lost, keep watching ur joke of a sport, more like an adds programs with some sport in it, but dont come and talk about the greatest sport on earth.

Hopefully when u actually play it ( which i doubt u will, u need friend to do so ), u'll understand how physical this sport is.

do u even know how much km a football player run in a game compare to an NFL player ?

Again, if u talk about MMA, boxing maybe even basketball is a more serious proposition as for athleticism, but NFL ? just being strong and powerful doesnt mean being athletic ...

reading ur comment u have LEGIT 0 arguments other than " he flops at the end ", so what ?

lmao u sound lost, keep watching ur joke of a sport, more like an adds programs with some sport in it, but dont come and talk about the greatest sport on earth.

Hopefully when u actually play it ( which i doubt u will, u need friend to do so ), u'll understand how physical this sport is.

do u even know how much km a football player run in a game compare to an NFL player ?

Again, if u talk about MMA, boxing maybe even basketball is a more serious proposition as for athleticism, but NFL ? just being strong and powerful doesnt mean being athletic ...

All you took away from my comment is that he "flopped". Ok, I mean this is why I don't want to discuss it because you just conveniently block out the entire part where that clip isn't Mbappe running 38 km/hr, or how you saying Bolt running 100m "isn't accurate" is actually the inaccurate part because Mbatte traveled about 82-90 meters on the play you provided.

Nothing will convince you that NFL players are great athletes, and it's sad. Believe what you want.

These guys get tested in the underwear olympics every year and do things that normal human beings can't. Any WR/CB/RB in the NFL is going to way more athletic than the average soccer player easily. Agree to disagree.

All you took away from my comment is that he "flopped". Ok, I mean this is why I don't want to discuss it because you just conveniently block out the entire part where that clip isn't Mbappe running 38 km/hr, or how you saying Bolt running 100m "isn't accurate" is actually the inaccurate part because Mbatte traveled about 82-90 meters on the play you provided.

Nothing will convince you that NFL players are great athletes, and it's sad. Believe what you want.

These guys get tested in the underwear olympics every year and do things that normal human beings can't. Any WR/CB/RB in the NFL is going to way more athletic than the average soccer player easily. Agree to disagree.
NFL players are good athlete, but I can name several sports I consider more athletic. I think we dont have the same conception of athleticism, again being strong and powerful is just two areas among many others. Football is the most complete sport, I can hear an argument for boxing/MMA and even basketball.

I know authority arguments are BS, but even a non european, and big basketball fan admit it ...

Back