• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Vinc Pichel issues statement after fight cancellation, Bonfim weight miss

Wonderboy did the same thing. Maybe guys will show up on weight rather than risk it thinking there are no consequences.

Oh my God 3 pounds. Three whole pounds.
Somebody show Vince early UFC tapes.
Somebody show Vince Pride Open Weight Grand Prix
Somebody show that world beater a HW fight where somebody is always bigger than the other guy.
Just bleed? No, just go home.
Somebody shouldn't sign a 156 lbs contact
Somebody should realize it's not 1999
Somebody should show they want to fight and use that extra hour and not try to cheat??

Dana's plan to make the Bonfim brothers his new shiny favorite toy (after he got tired of playing with Greg Hardy / Paddy / Molly, etc) is not going very smoothly.

that’s horrible decision making skills. You gotta take care of yourself.
There’s also been a pattern of fighters that miss weight, being the one to win the fight. At some point we need to stop incentivizing that shit. To your point, if we found out for certain that Pichel wasn’t paying his coaches and such, I’d definitely be opposed to that—but I haven’t heard that to be the case.
The UFC should pay Pichel his show money and pay Bonfim nothing.

Dana's plan to make the Bonfim brothers his new shiny favorite toy (after he got tired of playing with Greg Hardy / Paddy / Molly, etc) is not going very smoothly.

Molly and Paddy both sound like little toys lol

The Bonfim brothers not so much! It was destined to fail ;)

Somebody shouldn't sign a 156 lbs contact
Somebody should realize it's not 1999
Somebody should show they want to fight and use that extra hour and not try to cheat??
What about heavyweights?

What about in Gaza right now? Does an IDF soldier make sure a terrorist doesn't outweigh him by 3lbs?

There’s also been a pattern of fighters that miss weight, being the one to win the fight. At some point we need to stop incentivizing that shit. To your point, if we found out for certain that Pichel wasn’t paying his coaches and such, I’d definitely be opposed to that—but I haven’t heard that to be the case.
The UFC should pay Pichel his show money and pay Bonfim nothing.
I get all that I just don’t think it’s worth giving up your own paycheck to make a statement.

What about heavyweights?

What about in Gaza right now? Does an IDF soldier make sure a terrorist doesn't outweigh him by 3lbs?
Well tbf, the Israeli soldiers took the fight on short notice. There’s no reason for Hamas to miss weight, they had a full camp.
<{1-1}>

Well tbf, the Israeli soldiers took the fight on short notice. There’s no reason for Hamas to miss weight, they had a full camp.
<{1-1}>
That was good. My analogy may have been overblown (I stole from someone, maybe Chael?) and that is a heck of a lot more important than a sporting event.
It sucks so bad. There are innocent people on both sides.

hopefully UFC cuts Pichel. if this becomes a trend, it ruins a lot of good fights.

Dudes a clown wanting to get paid his full purse for turning down a fight lol.

Just cut this dude and get it over with. Nobody would even know he’s gone from the roster. Zero memorable fights.

Wait what? Cut him for making weight?

Cut him for turning down a fight and demanding a full purse. Dudes well past his prime and even in his prime he was a jobber at best. Enough of these entitled divas.

Cut him. He is 40 anyways. Vinc Pichel didn't want to fight!

Dude really comes off as a douche here. I don't hold it against him for deciding not to fight, but I'm not a fan of the bitchy little statement he released lol.
People gotta speak up. The first bunch who do will become martyrs, but it's necessary to put the proper blame on folks that everyone just ignores

Oh my God 3 pounds. Three whole pounds.
Somebody show Vince early UFC tapes.
Somebody show Vince Pride Open Weight Grand Prix
Somebody show that world beater a HW fight where somebody is always bigger than the other guy.
Just bleed? No, just go home.
There's been weight classes for decades. Try joining this century

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back