• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Vinc Pichel issues statement after fight cancellation, Bonfim weight miss

Is this the undefeated Bonfim or the brother. Vince was gonna get rekt either way

Cut him for turning down a fight and demanding a full purse. Dudes well past his prime and even in his prime he was a jobber at best. Enough of these entitled divas.
He has no obligation to fight someone who missed weight. None. At all. There’s nothing “entitled” about wanting your opponent to show up and make the contracted weight.

I don't understand why you just don't take the fight and make 30% of what he was getting as well.

Or even add stipulations like bonfirm can't hydrate past a certain weight.

I don't understand why you just don't take the fight and make 30% of what he was getting as well.

idk why bonfim didnt hop in the saune and cut another pound but decided to quit instead? Sounds like vinc is mad about the principle of not even trying when theres still time remaining. Can't blame vinc here, bonfim is a 5 to 1 favorite, fighting in his home of brazil, overweight, and quit early. Maybe vinc gets a slightly easier matchup next.

Molly and Paddy both sound like little toys lol

The Bonfim brothers not so much! It was destined to fail ;)
LOL that's awesome! Bonfim Bros could be a toy that if you pull a string or squeeze it, it does the "u gonna die" chant.

markys00 said:
you don't make the weight you signed a contract for and possibly do it so you have an advantage over ur opponent who did.

Realistically, YOU do it ON PURPOSE so you DEFINITELY have an advantage over your opponent AND With Dana apparently approving of it, or they would fulfill the contract they signed.

Cheese_&_mma_lover said:
Cut him for turning down the fight. he doesn't have a fighter's mentality anymore

Cutting the PoS that didn't make weight would be much better.

A Professional with "fighter's mentality" makes weight.

Can't understand the F'n ignorant people that can get behind a loser of a fighter that cheats before the fight even starts.

Imagine being so petty you’d rather see someone else lose cash then pay your coaches and put bread on the table for your family.

he sounds short sighted and immature

He’s 41 there chief. If he intends to continue “putting bread on the table” he’s going to need more than one fight to do so. Getting murdered by a chunky Bonfim seems the more short sighted route.

52rustam-khabilov-vs-vinc-pichel-720p-hd-3-german-suplexes-copy-2.gif

7WIJ.gif
Damn, the floor is probably not rock hard, but that one looks nasty
Well tbf, the Israeli soldiers took the fight on short notice. There’s no reason for Hamas to miss weight, they had a full camp.
<{1-1}>
Jews also had a full camp... wait no, I didn't mean to send that post !

Last edited:
Oh my God 3 pounds. Three whole pounds.
Somebody show Vince early UFC tapes.
Somebody show Vince Pride Open Weight Grand Prix
Somebody show that world beater a HW fight where somebody is always bigger than the other guy.
Just bleed? No, just go home.
That's 3 pounds after whatever else he cut...
THose last couple pounds are the hard ones to cut and he chose not to.

Get mad at the guy who was too big to make the division he chose to fight in whilst he was fighting in his home country.

I’m not defending anyone
im Saying it was logically a stupid move
Those are two entirely different discussions
Yeah, you'd better be sure to have a full bank account before trying to have principles, it's easier that way lol

I don't think they can do the hydrate limit thing. I wish they would agree to the fight, but they have to weigh 155 the day of the fight haha.
It's an extra 24 hours to cut weight and a massive advantage for the fighter that made weight. Watch people suddenly fight in their own weight divisions with a same day weight cut.

People gotta speak up. The first bunch who do will become martyrs, but it's necessary to put the proper blame on folks that everyone just ignores

There's been weight classes for decades. Try joining this century

I agree with him, for sure. I have no problem with him declining the fight whatsoever, just wasn't a fan of the weird bitchy statement lol.

Back