Video Request: Evidence Maycee Barber's Knee Injury Occurred in First 10 Seconds

Well, they replayed it multiple times between rounds 2 and 3. And after the fight. Apparently her team agrees with the commentating teams.

But I accept the risk that this will devolve into a definition of "evidence" and submit this. Enjoy TS.

Do they suggest when she got dropped her knee got fucked up? Would make some sense I guess but she still got dropped by roxy.

That's why she lied about being a BJJ belt while being a blue belt and teaching.
This chick is always hyping herself up. Desperate and getting high on her own shit. Zero head movement, no ground game, overweight for the weight class.
Lmfao...blue belt maybe, but no blue has business teaching anybody anything especially if they're getting swept by white belt moves

Exactly....lose the caboose and get fit. Roxanne looking a lot more muscular nowadays. She may be a strange cat (she’s very odd) but she is passionate about fighting, she has skills and she is overlooked (Roxanne). Little miss plump Barber will not beat JBJ’s récord....not gonna happen. I’ll eat my crow if it does but she would need an overhaul to her strength and conditioning program and up her ground game like a shit ton.
It makes me crazy to think fighters like her make a lot of money to train and fight while being hyped as the next big thing and still look fat and out of shape on the octagon.
7n9vs1q7.jpg

"I'm not ashamed of my performance, because it made Roxanne shine" - Maycee Barber
<{outtahere}>not full of herself, at all lmao

This chick is insufferable. Never seen someone with so little talent think they are on top of the fight game. She’s so slow and unathletic. How the hell was she 9-0. Wmma really is comedy.

to be fair, she's not a can. She's not as good as the hype perhaps (maybe the injury really did mess with her, but Roxy deserves praise for her performance, she did what most did not expect her to be able to do), but she's not a complete scrub either.

I know its cool to kick people while they're down and with her its really easy I think because she really does seem to not be a very likable individual in the interviews and stuff I've seen, but, no need to act like she's a complete schlub. Her last 3 wins were over JJ Aldrich (who was on that card as well vs Mazo in a pretty good fight), Gillian Robertson, and Hannah Cifers who are all pretty decent fighters.

None that are great, but, they're not Bethe Correia level bad.

to be fair, she's not a can. She's not as good as the hype perhaps (maybe the injury really did mess with her, but Roxy deserves praise for her performance, she did what most did not expect her to be able to do), but she's not a complete scrub either.

I know its cool to kick people while they're down and with her its really easy I think because she really does seem to not be a very likable individual in the interviews and stuff I've seen, but, no need to act like she's a complete schlub. Her last 3 wins were over JJ Aldrich (who was on that card as well vs Mazo in a pretty good fight), Gillian Robertson, and Hannah Cifers who are all pretty decent fighters.

Bethe has better wins than Barber

Just to fulfill the request, I personally don't care whether it happened at that point or not.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Well, they replayed it multiple times between rounds 2 and 3. And after the fight. Apparently her team agrees with the commentating teams.

But I accept the risk that this will devolve into a definition of "evidence" and submit this. Enjoy TS.

I remember them showing it over and over. I thought she did it at the beginning of round 2.
Did it actually happen in round 1?

Just to fulfill the request, I personally don't care whether it happened at that point or not.

giphy.gif

Doesn't look anywhere close to an ACL tear. But let's, for a second, assume that it is.

If THAT level of impact is enough to tear her ACL, one of two things is true;

-She didn't warm up at all before the fight. That's unthinkable, and would indicate she and her team are a level of idiot previously thought unimaginable in modern-day MMA.
-She is incredibly brittle and her body gets easily injured.

Either one of those is terrible. The "excuse", in this case, is arguably worse than just accepting that she was beaten fair and square.

who? Eubanks? The girls I listed are succesful in the uFC

None of those gals are even ranked. Eubanks was ranked number 2 at flyweight before she moved up in weight. Bethe also has a win over Jessica Eye (currently ranked number 2). Also lost a close split decision to Raquel Pennington. The idea that she's some scrub needs to die.

sfgdfg.gif

dfgfdgfg.gif

It does look like the knee gives a little.
Sorry for potato gif.

No. Just no. Aldrich, Robertson, and Cifers do not have a single win over a ranked fighter between them, not only that, none of them have even fought a ranked fighter unless you count hype job Barber. Bethe has actually fought 2 former champions plus 2 #1 title contenders, losing to the former champs but beating both #1 contenders. Bethe may be a meme on Sherdog but she's had a far higher level of competition and beaten better fighters than JJ, Gillian, and Hannah.

None of those gals are even ranked. Eubanks was ranked number 2 at flyweight before she moved up in weight. Bethe also has a win over Jessica Eye (currently ranked number 2). Also lost a close split decision to Raquel Pennington. The idea that she's some scrub needs to die.

Bethe stinks, but less than some of the other women in the UFC

No. Just no. Aldrich, Robertson, and Cifers do not have a single win over a ranked fighter between them, not only that, none of them have even fought a ranked fighter unless you count hype job Barber. Bethe has actually fought 2 former champions plus 2 #1 title contenders, losing to the former champs but beating both #1 contenders. Bethe may be a meme on Sherdog but she's had a far higher level of competition and beaten better fighters than JJ, Gillian, and Hannah.

all 3 of them have a much better skill set in MMA than Bethe.

Doesn't look anywhere close to an ACL tear. But let's, for a second, assume that it is.

If THAT level of impact is enough to tear her ACL, one of two things is true;

-She didn't warm up at all before the fight. That's unthinkable, and would indicate she and her team are a level of idiot previously thought unimaginable in modern-day MMA.
-She is incredibly brittle and her body gets easily injured.

Either one of those is terrible. The "excuse", in this case, is arguably worse than just accepting that she was beaten fair and square.

If that's all it takes for her to tear an ACL, she'd blow out her knees walking down a set of stairs. The only remotely similar injury to Barber's I can think of is Patrick Cote blowing out his knee in the 3rd round of his fight against Anderson Silva. But even in that case he was bouncing around and putting more impact on his knee when he blew it, and more importantly, he went into the fight with a pre-existing knee injury. And in Cote's case, you could see his entire lower leg dislocate and shift laterally at the knee in a way that's consistent with a blown ACL, you don't see that at all with Barber.

Last edited:
Back