Video Released of Paul O'Neal Shooting.

Shocking tidbit from his wikipedia:

Paul O'Neill publicly endorsed Donald Trump for President

Heh, I was focused on the wrong cop. I assume the cop in question was the one with the body cam in the first video. I see the other cop kicking him

And you're delusional if you think that kick is going to mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Do you really think his department is going to be in trouble for that kick? C'mon now

No reasonable jury is going to put much significance in ONE kick after this suspect tried to shoot multiple cops to death as well as attempt to run one over
You're a troll or dumb or just deaf, I guess. You can see and hear him do it at least twice. Ugh.

You're a troll or dumb or just deaf, I guess. You can see and hear him do it at least twice. Ugh.

watch this if you are unfamilair with it, about a minute long.

Firing rounds at a fleeing car is not a good use of force. Your rounds are going to go all over the place and the threat has now passed. You can shoot at a car ramming you or driving at you and have some defense(but not in Chicago cause it against their policy).

You can hear the confusion on the other officers thinking the suspect fired on them when it was actually friendly fire going down range dangerously close to them.

A few of these cops may have a solid qualified immunity case but the guys firing rounds at the fleeing vehicle are gonna go through the ringer.

Sherdog here saying things like "trying to run people over, he tried to kill an officer" so I don't know what the protocols are about firing on vehicles in neighborhoods etc. and if they should be questioned.

The media is really trying to hype this one up. I think this is one of the least controversial shootings that's happened all year.

And CNN is already making a big deal out of it and they are over emphasizing the UNARMED part while never mentioning why the perp is being arrested and running away from the cops in the first place and used his car to ram a police cruiser to!

I'm a little bothered that they don't try to get help to him asap. He's shot, he's detained, how about a little post haste with the medical.

I'm a little bothered that they don't try to get help to him asap. He's shot, he's detained, how about a little post haste with the medical.

I've always wondered about that .. they never help an injured suspect or not right away anyways which is why I always say you better hope you're not seriously hurt if you're being detained by police because if you are you're probably going to die

I've always wondered about that .. they never help an injured suspect or not right away anyways which is why I always say you better hope you're not seriously hurt if you're being detained by police because if you are you're probably going to die

They radio'd it in already, you can hear dispatch talking about EMS (as soon as shots fired are called, EMS should have been already notified). By policy, a lot of places have to have the suspect handcuffed before any first aid. Their obligation for medical ends by calling for medical assistance, their main job is then to secure the scene for EMS which is usually staged down the block before they enter a scene. Police aren't medical professionals--all I can think that they could have done was put pressure on the wound, but usually a piece of cloth is used.

Firing rounds at a fleeing car is not a good use of force. Your rounds are going to go all over the place and the threat has now passed. You can shoot at a car ramming you or driving at you and have some defense(but not in Chicago cause it against their policy).

You can hear the confusion on the other officers thinking the suspect fired on them when it was actually friendly fire going down range dangerously close to them.

A few of these cops may have a solid qualified immunity case but the guys firing rounds at the fleeing vehicle are gonna go through the ringer.
They'll use some type of excuse as to why they shot at a car that passed them. Fleeing felon had a car as a weapon and showed intent to cause great bodily harm or death with it.

I don't even watch the news anymore. Next up will be a maniac shooting up a police department in response to this.

This shit is getting old.

lmao, that cop is using his foot to NUDGE the guy over so the other cop has an easier time putting the perp's right arm in cuffs. GTFO with the kicking BS.

Fucking kid stole a car and tried to run over a cop. He would be nothing but a burden on society. Better off dead.

Stop with your lies.

See the video in real time, you can hear the thud of the kick and you see him swing with speed/force.

It's fine if you think the guy is better off dead but don't fucking lie that he didn't get kicked....He got kicked, not nudge....nudge is not a soccer kick.

I don't understand how you don't admit it happen, it's a fact that it happen...if you don't care thats fine but stop pretending it didnt happen.

You're a world class pussy. Cop should've stomped that punks head for trying to kill him.

Sorry we have laws in America.....If you wan't that kind of police, go to Saudi Arabia,Nazi Germany, North Korea.....Pls just get away from America, thnx.

Nope. His hands were still under his body and uncuffed. I'm pretty happy today that this piece of shit predator is dead. Great shooting.

The guy who kicked had just opened the door...the guy was about get his hand and the guy comes and kicks....The guy was on his stomach, sorry but its illegal to kick under those circumstances.

Just wondering did a cop kick you in the head till you went stupid or where you just born this way?

For pointing out the fact that the guy got kicked? No that makes me not blind/ignorant.

Again we have laws in America...That's illegal, you don't like it, then you can GTFO and go to some third world country.

Ahhh. You must be the apologist for the car thieving, gun wielding, society endangering criminal....who's entire argument and platform is that said criminal endured an alleged kick to the gut.

Do you even perspective, you moron?

Im not an apologist for him at all.

Im just stating it happened...Then we have people denying it.

The guy got kicked, I pointed it out, and I said it was illegal.

I never said the guy who got kicked was an amazing person or anything of that sorts.

Who is gonna pay for the damages that retard running away caused?

Hopefully they make him work in prison to pay for that.

I see nothing wrong with the video, the cop almost got killed by the speeding car. I can see how adrenaline would have made him a bit angry.
He's dead, he can't pay for anything

People analyze situations in a reasonable manner. A cop being a bit rough with a suspect who just try to kill them is reasonable. I didn't see any cop do anything egregious like kick or punch him.

In fact, I don't even know what you saw in that video that can be classified as "roughing up".

Lastly, you don't know what is or isn't "unprofessional" in this scenario apparently.

One kick is hardly anything. I can understand if they kicked him multiple times or even if they kicked him in the head. Most won't care that a cop kicked him once out of anger

I'm sorry, but your posts in this thread are terrible. I'm about as pro police as anyone you'll find in these boards, but this is one of the most embarrassing Police videos I've ever watched. These cops open fire on a car that's driving away from them in the middle of the day in a goddamn neighborhood. The car hit a cop car head on and they all kept shooting at it like there wasn't another Police officer directly in their line of fire. The cop whose body cam footage is used in this video should be fired for that, alone. He dumps close to ten rounds directly at another Officer, after shooting his own damn car twice. They then from what I've read chase this kid down and shoot him in the back. Then, when he's down one Cop gives him a good hard kick in the side. That is absoultely, totally unproffesional and uncalled for. The Police aren't there to hand out punishment, they are there to arrest suspects so the courts can punish them.

And no, one kick is not "hardly anything". This kid had been shot multiple times in the body, so this idiot thinks its a good idea to roll him partially on his side and boot him in the sternum. Do you know what bullets do? They cause trauma. Do you know what blunt force to an area that has already been traumatized does? It causes much more dangerous trauma and internal bleeding. I know that sounds ridiculous that a kick would cause more damage than bullets, but it's the truth. What if the autopsy reveals that it was actually massive internal bleeding from blunt force to a bullet wound that killed this kid? that without that he might have lived? Would it still be hardly anything and not unproffessional? Would that cop then be charged with murder? It was an idiotic thing to do.

Lastly, all these Cops are running around like chickens with their heads cut off and screaming at the kid like "how dare you shoot at us" when the kid never had a gun. The cops were shooting at each other because they all just opened up like undisciplined and untrained morons. It's all well and good to support the Police, they need and deserve to be supported, especially in today's climate. But you also can't just blindly support them. This was a massive screw up.

They actually totally fucked this up.
"Comments from that officer caught on video indicate he may have erroneously thought O'Neal had fired from a stolen car barreling in his direction. In fact, those shots were fired in the officer's direction by other police shooting at the stolen car in apparent violation of departmental policy."

Im not an apologist for him at all.

Im just stating it happened...Then we have people denying it.

The guy got kicked, I pointed it out, and I said it was illegal.

I never said the guy who got kicked was an amazing person or anything of that sorts.

Leroy, you're actually right for a change, and I don't know how I feel about that.

Back