Video Released of Paul O'Neal Shooting.

Exactly. And to be honest none of the recent "controversial" shootings were about race. It comes down to did the cop make a bad or good decision. The rest is just cannon fodder for viewers.

From what I've seen, the first set of shots were likely justified BY LAW, but they violated department policy so these guys will likely lose their jobs. Unless some new piece of evidence comes out they won't be charged IMO.

Great handle. Deftones are the shit.

Cop clearly hitting a subdued man...He dun goof, wasn't much but that's all it takes.

Cops gotta be more professional.

Another angle for the people who are blind/denial...You can clearly see the cops body momentum as he is performing the soccer kick.

Created Super slow mo gifs with horrible quality...for those people in denial.....See it in real time, the speed/power is much greater, you can even hear the kick.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So, it was the kick that killed him? That's a relief, for a minute there, I kinda thought police just shot another unarmed child on his way home from a bible study.

So, it was the kick that killed him? That's a relief, for a minute there, I kinda thought police just shot another unarmed child on his way home from a bible study.
Is that the way liberal media spun it?

Nah I disagree. I think once you fire a weapon at the police, you've signed on the dotted line for a Rodney King style beatdown. No sympathy from me in this case.

Guy was a car-thieving scumbag... but we can't have cops shooting people in the back.

Nah I disagree. I think once you fire a weapon at the police, you've signed on the dotted line for a Rodney King style beatdown. No sympathy from me in this case.
I haven't kept up with the particulars in this case. Did that guy really shoot at the cops? The few reports I read said that he was unarmed when he was shot in the back by police.

Would you guys still disagree with the cops shooting as he drove away if O'Neal ran over a toddler a few blocks away?

I think that's what I heard them say, damn now I have to watch it again. I think he shot at them multiple times and ditched the weapon.

I haven't kept up with the particulars in this case. Did that guy really shoot at the cops? The few reports I read said that he was unarmed when he was shot in the back by police.

I was mislead by the cop saying "why did you have to shoot at us?" And the cops checking themselves for gunshot wounds after the guy was cuffed.

He didn't shoot, the cops evidently thought he did because they were receiving crossfire from the other officers who had just jumped out of the way of him trying to run them over.

That makes it less cut and dry of a shooting IMO.

I think that's what I heard them say, damn now I have to watch it again. I think he shot at them multiple times and ditched the weapon.
The cops were the only ones who shot, against protocol. That made other cops think that the suspect was the one who had fired at cops.

I'm pro-cop but they screwed up here.

In movies, whenever cops fired at the back of vehicles speeding away I always thought that was unrealistic.
Lol yea that seemed like an emotional response, just unloading a clip on a moving car.

Is that the way liberal media spun it?

Oh they're working on it. I mean, this guy was involved in a car theft ring and this wasn't his first rodeo. But, when he wasn't doing that he was mowing his elderly neighbor's lawn, in church every Sunday and hoped to one day be an astro physicist.

Tough one. The perp clearly was a threat to life and bodily force when he was in that car. Deadly force is justified legally against him while he is driving away. No criminal charges likely to stick. When he fled the vehicle unarmed, he wasn't a deadly threat. You can't shoot someone who is unarmed in the back because they used to be a threat.

But what makes this one interesting is that the cops that shot him were probably justified in their belief that the runner was still a deadly threat because they heard shots fired. Department policy didn't allow the cops who were legally justified in shooting at the runner the car from doing so, so the other cops could reasonably believe that the runner had a gun and had fired on officers, which means shooting him the back is perfectly fine.

Guy who shot at the car should face pretty severe discipline for disobeying procedure resulting in loss of life. Not cool he didn't have his bodycam on either. But no criminal charges.

The guy was out of control trying kill people with a car. This is no different from putting down a rabid dog.

The guy was out of control trying kill people with a car. This is no different from putting down a rabid dog.

Yeah, but in fairness, he was rushing to deliver food and bibles to an orphanage.

Back