*VIDEO* Jon Jones shadow boxing like a drunk Jean Claude Van Damme

If it can land on 6'5 guy, it sure can reach the head of a guy that's 5'11
jon-jones-lands-left-roundhouse-kick-on-gustafsson.gif

jonesguf3.jpg

Cormier is in trouble, but so is Jones in a way. Jones won't mind being thrown around but Dan can do that all 25 minutes. You don't think Jones might crack at some point?

horrible. Jones may indeed be as other Sherdoggers have analyzed - be shook.

Lol, Jones destroying Sherdog's perception of reality one fight at the time. :icon_lol:

He is not the most impressing at Open Workouts, he needs an opponent.

Fighters should take note of this, if you don't manage your finances well, you'll find yourself erotically dancing on some obscure foreign show, while simultaneously flushing what's left of your dignity down the crapper.

Cormier is in trouble, but so is Jones in a way. Jones won't mind being thrown around but Dan can do that all 25 minutes. You don't think Jones might crack at some point?

Jones will put up a great fight for all 25 minutes if need be, I'm confident of it. I really don't see where DC brings all that much new to the MMA table though. He's a better/faster version of Bader as far as I can tell but Bader looked like a child in there. DC really better be ready to fight like his life depended on it.

hey let's all gather around and watch some guy shadow box and kick on a gym mat. Celebrity culture is so retarded

A drunk JCVD would be winking at the cameraman a lot more

You do realize that landing with your toe is poor form?

Better to hit with bad form than miss with proper form. Bringing up "poor form" in a fight with strikes that connect and actually accomplish something is kind of silly.

Last edited:
one thing i noticed about that is Jones was maximizing his reach with all those kicks\punches....looks like he definitely intends to keep DC at the distance and pick him apart

thats what he should do with legs like that !!

People can say what they want but Jones sure picks the right kick at the right time
he uses so many different type of kicks from classic kickbox kicks to karate kicks to kung fu kicks to i don,t know what ..

Sometimes i get the feeling he just copy's what he sees in certain movie,s a technical skilled fighter like him could pull that off ..

Cause he uses a lot of kicks that most striking schools consider weak At least in Holland where i live most kick-box gym,s believe that those traditional kicks don,t have any power or impact ..

Yet Bones always does it ..and i,m seeing more and more fighters using front kicks side-kicks oblique kicks in a effective way :)

Apparently he didn't learn much from his fight with gustaffson. That kind of primitive shit works well on guys who only know how to attack linearly; using angles, dc should be able to get inside on jones no problem.

What are you talking about? That kind of striking is what won him the fight.

What are you talking about? That kind of striking is what won him the fight.

:rolleyes:

Cecil peoples exposed.

Better to hit with bad form than miss with proper form. Bringing up "poor form" in a fight with strikes that connect and actually accomplish something is kind of silly.

And hitting with proper form is superior to both, which is exactly what gustafsson was doing all night.

And hitting with proper form is superior to both, which is exactly what gustafsson was doing all night.

The guy who lost the fight? Albeit a close one.

I'd never realize that Jon is such a great fighter if I just went by judging his technique in this clip. Plenty of impurities and bad habits. You certainly can't say that it doesn't work for him, but as good as he is there's plenty of room to improve.

Back