*VIDEO* Jon Jones shadow boxing like a drunk Jean Claude Van Damme

I think you're confusing "fight" with "decision".

jonesgus_original.jpg

Splitting hairs is a big deal with you, isn't it?

Cormier moves like a dog with 3 legs and wheels compared to Jones.

LOL all this internet raging has made JJ fans completely delusional. Jones can't fight on the move for shit.

Not only that there's no point in bringing up the Gus fight, when most guys at 205 and up dont fight like him. In terms of footwork, being light on his feet, and bouncing all over.

That should tell you more about the rest of the division then. Just standing in front of your opponent and being as heavy as an elephant with a lack of lateral movement won't get you far with a lanky guy that is trying to kick your kneecaps in. This is part of the reason why Lyoto and Alex had the most success against Jones, they didn't just stand there still and heavy, plodding around. Nobody moves nearly as well, or as effortlessly (as "fleet of foot") as Gustafsson does in the division so it's easy for him to work off of his lateral movement/mobility and create opportunities to get in linearly and score while turning opponents and forcing them to reset before most feel comfortable trying to commit to an attack.

Back on topic, Jones' shadow boxing isn't good at all. Luckily he's a much better fighter in the cage than he is at doing these demonstrations.

Here's hands down the best shadow boxer in the business right now (MMA that is). He's the most fluid, is quick, has great footwork, is really smooth and light on his feet and he has graceful movement which is very aesthetically pleasing to watch. I just wish he showed more of his actual boxing in this clip since it's the most pleasing on the eyes of his techniques, seamlessly flowing in combination with his footwork and movement.

[YT]5_qFzz730No[/YT]​

God damn it, I totally misread that as "Shadow boxes WITH a drunk JCVD", which would have been way better :(

I think you're confusing "fight" with "decision".

Well it is an MMA match, not a street brawl. Gustafsson gassed in the 5th round, if it was a 'fight' Jones would have outlasted him.

...and you know Gustafsson went to the hospital as well, right?

C'mon son; jones nut huggers probably praise the way the motherfucker wipes his ass and shit.

Case in point:

:rolleyes:

Apparently he didn't learn much from his fight with gustaffson. That kind of primitive shit works well on guys who only know how to attack linearly; using angles, dc should be able to get inside on jones no problem.

Don't forget to stop by here to discuss the primitive shit he will use to win against DC ;D

The guy cuts like 50 pounds.

No wonder he looks weak and weird.

But come fight night he'll be at his best.

The open workout is not really a workout. Its basically just a promotional event for the fans and media.

I know but usually fighters use it as an extra workout to cut some weight. Also most stay longer than 5 minutes. Those fans didn't come out to watch the champ throw some lazy kicks and leave

Jones could have the worst striking in the world, but with his superior reach and level of grappling he would still be a good fighter.

Omg a 30 second exhibition! He totally sucks.

Back