Video: Joe lauzon discusses Palhares; compares submission releases.

Honestly I don't think Palhares did much wrong with the sub here by existing standards. He didn't let go with the tap but he did let go within a second of the ref breaking them up.

You look at someone like Nog/Mir 2 and the latter holds onto the sub just as long plus of course actually breaks the arm of his opponent and keeps on cranking as hard as he can. I guess an American doing that is a good thing though?

Meanwhile Shields throws a punch way after the stoppage and somehow this isn't an issue at all?

You should probably watch both fights again. Shields was tapping frantically, and Mazz had tapped Palhares on the back a good 3-4 times before he let go. Who else could be tapping him on the back when Shields' hands were on his thigh? Big Nog began tapping when it was already too late, and a ref intervention wasn't necessary as even the biggest idiot can see that the fight was done.

Honestly I don't think Palhares did much wrong with the sub here by existing standards. He didn't let go with the tap but he did let go within a second of the ref breaking them up.

You look at someone like Nog/Mir 2 and the latter holds onto the sub just as long plus of course actually breaks the arm of his opponent and keeps on cranking as hard as he can. I guess an American doing that is a good thing though?

Meanwhile Shields throws a punch way after the stoppage and somehow this isn't an issue at all?

Haven't you been around long enough to avoid these stupid straw man arguments? I can't stand Mir or Shields either but it doesn't have anything to do with the obvious issue of Palhares repeatedly cranking submissions well after referee intervention and far more so than other fighters.

I believe he does it on purpose but it really doesn't matter what the reason is when the damage is already done. It's got to stop. He's already been suspended. This time he should be banned from the sport.

Back